FINALLY! Doomsday zone.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY AFTER 1 WEEK OF WORKING I GOT THIS DONE (lol caps =p)

This is Dimension S but I renamed it to my old doomsday zone from the Cosmic Angel Pack. (no its not the same.)

Screens (only one):
srb20177.png

Credits:

Dsmaster64 for the soc'ing
YellowThunder (main level layout. including the red sky rings)
Me (mainly everything)

Notes: if you ever use multiplayer on this try to get to the boss and see his secret move...

D-LINK1

Hmm... this is actualy one of my favorite stages from you, SS64! Just um... fix the pipes, stop randomly placing rings, and learn how to make the boss STOP SHOOTING. It gets annoying, especialy when I want to Sniped!

Edit: Found his secret move... lolwut.

-SRB2 Guy

The level hurt my eyes.

Picking water textures and lava textures for things other than water and lava blocks, fail.

Give me some better screens. Try flying with tails, and going first person to take a major picture of the layout.

Um, why the hell would you need eight Emeralds?

THE EIGHTH EMERALD DOESN'T FREAKING DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THE SECRET, DAMNIT! IT DOESN'T WORK IN NORMAL PLACES.

BlueZero4 said:
A week? Don't you think that's rushing it a bit? A month seems more appropriate to me.

Well Ms. I-don't-like-the-level-design-do-it-over (aka YellowThunder1712)
told me to try doing it over after the NiGHTS mode level sucked so we did it over together.

Jazz said:
Picking water textures and lava textures for things other than water and lava blocks, fail.

Old Screen shots before do over:
srb20065.png

srb20052.png

Bright eh?

So completely the level layout was remade after I saw how stupid the old one looked.

Even though this can get major lag in netgames though =/.

edit:

on Edge said:
Give me some better screens. Try flying with tails, and going first person to take a major picture of the layout.

If I use tails I'll die.

Chaos said:
Um, why the hell would you need eight Emeralds?

THE EIGHTH EMERALD DOESN'T FREAKING DO ANYTHING WITHOUT THE SECRET, DAMNIT! IT DOESN'T WORK IN NORMAL PLACES.

So the Emeralds transformation makes sense.

I put 7/8 emeralds so you don't have to get the 8th if you don't want to.

SuperSonic64 said:
Credits:

Dsmaster64 for the soc'ing
YellowThunder (main level layout. including the red sky rings)
Me (mainly everything)

Umm... Isn't that contradicting yourself? How can you have done mainly everything and still have someone else do the main level layout, which is... mainly everything. I realize that item placement and such are a big thing, but making the main level layout is the core of the level.

I may try this anyways, just to give some criticism... However if you did really make most of the level, your credits need to be far more specific.

EDIT: Ok I played it... and from seeing it, I want to say that anyone that worked on this could use a look at THE NEW 101

First part was too cramped, and I randomly thokked past the walls into the water and only was randomly able to get back out. I eventually found that I could skip the small yet annoying vertical climb by running around the room to under the teleporter.

Next I came into an area where Super Sonic has to jump on narrow platforms over a death pit... to get around the wall. I skipped the platforms by making a u-turn while floating to the tower.

I came into a very flat and bland area with rings... The rings were so hard to get, that I ran out... and didn't die. I finally came to the last teleporter to get to the boss...

I could hardly see him most of the time because of the size of the arena. He usually hovered way out of my reach. And he NEVER stopped shooting, meaning that I NEVER had a chance to hit him. When I was playing as normal Sonic I tried using the temporary invincibility to hit him, and he NEVER stayed within reach long enough for me to hit him, he was either miles away, or far over my head.

Please, no more Super Sonic stages, there is one good one that I found very rewarding after legitimately reaching it in Mystic Realm... but all the others I've seen or played are just no good.[/url]

You fail miserably if you don't know how to use non-super characters in super-form levels. It's easy as crap, not to mention I can replicate the same results with Sonic, if I work just a little harder.

JEV3 said:
Please, no more Super Sonic stages, there is one good one that I found very rewarding after legitimately reaching it in Mystic Realm... but all the others I've seen or played are just no good.

This is the last one. (Hooray >_>)

I played the wad but I didn't like it to much but I would like to try the nights stage you have in the shots. Can you make a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back