mt_ww.wad *Link Updated!!! (again)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually... I've been working on this for awhile now.

==========
Read Me
==========
Next level in this topic will be
Wintery Lake Zone
==========
End of Read Me
==========

Screens:
Wintery Waterfall Zone
srb20179.png

srb20181.png

srb20182.png

Wintery Palace Zone:
srb20189.png

The Hyper-thok cleared the inverted colored screen.
srb20191.png

BETTER GET YOUR MITTENS AND JACKETS! *shot*

The inside or rest of WPZ is not done yet.

LINKS UPDATED FOR GREAT JUSTICE! v1.1 IS OUT! *shot for srb2 1.1*

SendSpace

Savefile

This review was played with 4 JTE bots.

This was a good use of textures and ideas. However, the JTE bots hardly found they're way to the importaint part of the map. Some of the textures were out of place (Winter THZ textures and a special stage texture? How does that go together?). Also, going down on the bottom part was slow and painful. 2 invaunability boxes and atleast 1 Water Shield. I think you should either put the starts on the importaint part, or put them on the springs (This could be abused...). One more thing. Small lack of rings. During the match, only 1 Bot hit another. Meh. 7/10.

P.S. Set the map header to make this Match mode before people start doing hangout on this!

-SRB2 Guy

SRB2 Guy said:
This review was played with 4 JTE bots.

This was a good use of textures and ideas. However, the JTE bots hardly found they're way to the importaint part of the map. Some of the textures were out of place (Winter THZ textures and a special stage texture? How does that go together?). Also, going down on the bottom part was slow and painful. 2 invaunability boxes and atleast 1 Water Shield. I think you should either put the starts on the importaint part, or put them on the springs (This could be abused...). One more thing. Small lack of rings. During the match, only 1 Bot hit another. Meh. 7/10.

P.S. Set the map header to make this Match mode before people start doing hangout on this!

-SRB2 Guy

Um the special stage texture?

Will fix.

Read and understand...

More specifically:

Too flat, nothing to hide behind.
Center tower is unreachable for Sonic players.
Isn't much fun to play match on an almost completely flat map.

Cosmetically:

Waterfloors abound. Set the floor flat of the water block to the actual floor that will appear under it, not water.
Your water needs to have a common colormap. I saw some that had a colormap that was way too dark blue, and others that had no colormap at all.
You have rings stuck inside the ice "stars" in the rivers.

Should be enough for you to start with. Hope that helps.

Jazz said:
Waterfloors abound. Set the floor flat of the water block to the actual floor that will appear under it, not water.
Your water needs to have a common colormap. I saw some that had a colormap that was way too dark blue, and others that had no colormap at all.
You have rings stuck inside the ice "stars" in the rivers.

Should be enough for you to start with. Hope that helps.

The dark colormap hides the hidden passage way for the infinity ring.

But I'm going to add 1 more area to the map as well. =P

I redid it to stop the hangout n00bs. If in Coop, the game will automaticialy make the player complete the level, then send them to Greenflower Zone Act 1. Only bug is that Match might send them to Greenflower Zone Act 1 too after the match. PM me if you want it.

-SRB2 Guy

Chaos said:
Chaos said:
Seems too big and flat.
lol emphasis
Lol emphasis. Making a level flat makes it harder to escape anything. What you'd need are changes in elevation and some cover to hide behind.

Why changes in elevation? Rings fly strait (and mostly parallel to the ground). Rises in the arena will cause them to crash into the wall, and drops in elevation will make them fly in empty space. Also, it's extremely easy to spot anyone on a flat plain. They just stick out, and there's nothing to stop line of sight.

Chaos said:
For example, you would NEVER want to play THZ2 if it was a flat plain, would you? Look at the Glaber maps.

What are you talking about?
Theres 2 areas in this wad.
The Waterfall one has a secret area for multiplayer.

*facepalm*

That's NOT the point. It's flat and empty THERE, AND outside. And that does NOT make a good level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back