[Open Assets] Rocket jump! Now with self damage!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Like in tf2 or quake, this script allows a player to perform a rocket jump using the explosion ring. When a player comes into contact with the explosion of their own explosion ring, they are pushed away from the center of the blast. By jumping and firing an explosion ring at the floor or at other surfaces, you can jump much higher and farther than usual! When used in combination with character abilities, mobility becomes very fast and versatile.

Additionally, code is included for bounce ring jumps and grenade jumps. Bounce rings will not do anything after the second bounce, and grenade jumps are twice as powerful as the other two.

A separate file, rjhurt.lua, is more restrictive. Bounce ring jumps are not possible, and explosion/grenade jumps cause the player to drop 10/20 rings respectively.

I originally intended this script to be used for Project RingSlinger, but I figured I'd release it separately. Feel free to use it or edit it however you'd like.

Attachments

• srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 780
  • srb20011.gif
    srb20011.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 606
  • srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 508
  • srb20014.gif
    srb20014.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 493
  • srb20015.gif
    srb20015.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 501
  • srb20023.gif
    srb20023.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 500
  • rocketjump.lua
    4 KB · Views: 546
  • rjhurt.lua
    7.3 KB · Views: 445
  • srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 601
Last edited by a moderator:
I sense SRB Fortress 2 in the horizon...

Jokes aside, this is a really nice script, I can see lots of characters using this is the close future :3

The player should take damages for performing it, because else, the player can perform it without any disadvantages to flee or to attack from the top

Done, there is now an alternate download (rjhurt.lua) that causes the player to drop 10 rings on a rocket jump and 20 on a grenade jump. If you have a shield, it will be removed instead. Uploading it once I do some final touches...

EDIT: done, after a reupload due to bugs I found immediately after uploading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is kinda stupid (in funny sense)
giphy.gif

Also, there's something that should be not happening (i guess :p), rocket jump with bombs and granades aren't working:
giphy.gif

Is there something i did wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back