SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

SSG3's Custom monitors [V3.0.3 minor fix] Details »»
SSG3's Custom monitors [V3.0.3 minor fix]
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 09-11-2015 Last Update: 10-01-2016 Installs: 2
SOCs Scripts Re-Useable Content Code Changes Sprites/Graphics

For those of you in doubt of the low gravity shield, the code and sprites are still there. I've just... replaced the function with a new, more simple one.

The original monitors are here, along with fake carbon copies of them (they act differently depending on the player names of my most trusted players, e.g. Super tails, me and HedgeFox

Use spawncustommonitor without any arguments for more information on how to spawn these custom monitors

The red S is the semi-super monitor. It gives you invincibility and super sneakers for 1 minute for the majority of the players who snag this.

The Yellow S is the hyper monitor. It works the same was as the Sonic 3 & Knuckles super monitor for the majority of the players who break this.

The Blue 5 on the monitor is the Furious 5 Monitor. Yes, 5 rings will circle around you in the style of Mario kart/Super SRB2 Kart Z. To fire them, press custom button 3 when the ring you want to fire is directly in front of you. The good part, it doesn't consume your ring count. Have fun with this newest addition [Automatic, Scatter and rail rings will be added in due course, to which this monitor will be updated to hold them around the circle]

A Ring with a ? is self explanatory of what it is. that's right, it's the Random Ring monitor. Upon its destruction, it'll give you a random amount of rings from 5 to 25. (We don't need a GIF of it, since it's a very simple monitor and only affects your ring count)

This also changes A_Invincibility to loop the music. (Yes, there's custom music, too!)

Credits to motdspork for letting me use his hyper.lua in my wad

Download Now

File Type: zip custommonitors.zip (705.5 KB, 86 views)

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 11-05-2016   #22
SSG3
A big fan of Amy rn

you could always edit the standalone hyper.lua on the message board to affect tails instead of sonic.
SSG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016   #23
Awesomekid9560000

Default Sorry

sorry idk how to do stuff like that i dont make wads or luas and someone was kind enough to do so them selves and they texted me but thx anyway ssg3

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

sorry i was busy i got your first lua thx
Awesomekid9560000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017   #24
SSG3
A big fan of Amy rn

Paper mario hotfix is finally out.

Changes:
- The fake copies of the semisuper and hyper monitor are removed
~ The console text for spawncustommonitor has now been updated to reflect the random ring monitor
+ Due to the fake copies of the aforementioned monitors being removed fixed paper mario's shrinking glitch when used alongside this mod (Values were coinciding with each other! What are the chances!?)

edit: HOTFIX... HOTFIX! Fixed an invalid object from screwing up the entire mod

Last edited by SSG3; 04-09-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-11-2017   #25
XFlame
Scizor rocks

Why did you remove the fake monitors?
WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY????????
Old 04-11-2017   #26
SSG3
A big fan of Amy rn

Why? Like i said, the names of the fake monitor's functions were coinciding with Paper Mario's shrink function, and are removed for consistency and compatibility reasons. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by removing them. (Like it would harm anyone, anyway, since... well, they're still carbon copies of the true monitors unless you're me, Pingas, Hedgefox or Super Tails. nonetheless, they're still useless copies)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #27
SSG3
A big fan of Amy rn

V3.0.3 is out.

The only change here is that the monitor icons now fly upwards as intended. Sorry it took a while to fix it, but since there is another custom monitors pack, i thought i should fix my one up to have the icons float up like the others.