Multi-Carry - Carry more players! (multicarry.lua)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisima

This script allows players to hop on the feet of others who are being carried by a flying character. Think of Sonic Heroes, except there's no limit on how many players you can carry!

Also, any player that's carried by a carrying thing (like Brak's missiles, and the rope pulleys) is able to carry another player.

This also registers the command "mc_cam". This feature automatically zooms in/out based on how many players you are carrying so you can see them all. By default this is enabled. It is recommended to disable it if you have a non-default "cam_dist" and "cam_height" value (defaults are 128 and 20 respectively).

Example:
Code:
mc_cam off
mc_cam on

Known Bugs:
  • If a player quits the game while grabbing, an error will appear in the console. It's just the script telling you that the player who quit doesn't exist anymore.
  • Sometimes, the enhanced camera sometimes does not detect when you've picked up a player, but this bug is fairly uncommon.
  • Enhanced camera may get a little jittery when hanging on a rope.

SociableDirectCarpenterant.gif

Attachments

• multicarry.lua
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,385
Last edited:
If the gif in the opening post is up-to-date, all I have to say about it is maybe make it so if you're latched onto a player, you will always face the same way as the player. (As seen in the gif, Knuckles faces the same way as Tails, as in vanilla SRB2, but the Sonics seem to all be able to face whatever way they want.) Besides that tiny nit-pick, it looks pretty awesome. Nice work.

Knuckles faces the same way as Tails, as in vanilla SRB2, but the Sonics seem to all be able to face whatever way they want.

actually, i think that happens in co-op, because i remember that happening on a server.

anyway i absolutely love this, i get a Sonic Heroes vibe from this.

I'd love to see this implemented into Sonic Robo Blast 2 one day. The potential with Co-op mode.

I like it! It's very fun to do on servers but it's a bit buggy. People seem to fall off sometimes (without pressing the spin button).

I'd love to see this implemented into Sonic Robo Blast 2 one day. The potential with Co-op mode.

I like it! It's very fun to do on servers but it's a bit buggy. People seem to fall off sometimes (without pressing the spin button).
Multi-carrying came from Sonic Robo Blast 2 JTE which is a source code mod that was made for SRB2 1.9.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back