SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

LauncherBlast2 (Cross-platform SRB2 launcher!) Details »»
LauncherBlast2 (Cross-platform SRB2 launcher!)
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 10-06-2017 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Additional Software

So after my friend Sapheros suggested making a launcher for Linux to me, I decided to take it a step further and- make it work on Windows and Linux.

So, while it says "Cross-platform" on the box, it's not quite that. You see, I still don't have enough information from mac users yet to get it working on there. BUT! It is coded in Java, so I can easily make it work on your OS (if it doesn't yet work on it) if you tell me how you usually run srb2, and how you would go about telling it to run in opengl, or to launch with files.

I'll need to know how you would run it from a script or from command line though, but that's the only information I'll need.

so yeah... It's supposed to provide most features any other launcher would provide. I've not included anything that's deprecated (so if any features are missing that were in older launchers you used, that's because SRB2 doesn't actually support them any more!)

Also, it has a few of it's own kind-of unique features:
  • Change the theme based on built-in java themes
  • Create batch or shell scripts
  • Save launcher configurations
  • Set the default start-up configuration (as well as launching with last used configuration)
  • Save and load lists of wads

Requirements:
  • Java 1.8 or above (this is made in Java 1.8)
  • Around 100MB of ram
  • A working copy of SRB2

Here, have some screenshots which mainly show different themes but also show launcher options:

Spoiler: Windows native theme

Spoiler: GTK+ on Linux

Spoiler: Java Swing Metal theme

Credits:

Menu icons are Calico-icon by Joshua Ventura (JoshDreamland) and Robert Colton (Goombert) from Enigma-dev. https://github.com/enigma-dev/Calico-Icon

Huge thanks to the following people for testing:
  • Sapheros
  • Wolfy
  • Steel Titanium
  • Timothy Cyan-Tail'sFan
  • Speedwagon
  • Gemini

Spoiler: changelog

10th November 2017:
  • Fixed a bug where the server name would not be applied when hosting with the launcher.

23rd October 2017:
  • Fixed a bug where the files list would have files go out of view due to not being contained in a scroll pane container.

10th October 2017:
  • Fixed a bug on windows where the process hangs upon starting
  • Made the OS label dynamically move so it is visible regardless of theme and platform (I'm leaving it there for now for diagnosis reasons)
  • Made the delete button in the files list delete multiple files if more than one were selected (ctrl+click or shift+click)
  • Made the move up and move down buttons shift multiple files if multiple files had been selected
  • Fixed the "Join my own dedicated server" option (java gets your localhost IP instead of srb2 not understanding "localhost" or "127.0.0.1")

9th October 2017:
  • Added player icon that changes colour to the player tab
  • Added a few methods to ensure that a terminal window opens on Linux when necessary (eg; dedicated server or launching with a separated console)

Initial release: Checked to ensure launcher was fully functional

Also, as of current there is a bug where some elements refuse to load and you're missing random parts of the UI, not sure why this happens and it doesn't seem to be specifically replicatable, but the solution is to either restart the program or to click File->New
Regardless, I'll try to fix this as soon as a cause for this is determined.

Download Now

File Type: zip LauncherBlast2.zip (81.6 KB, 54 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Welcome to Releases!

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
HitCoder
Confident Programmer

Thanks Boinciel!

If anyone finds any bugs, or the launcher outright doesn't work on your OS, let me know what OS you're using (and tell me what the launcher says on the OS label) and I'll try to fix it right away.
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Steel Titanium

Making the sever name textbox work is simple as passing +servername "string" to the game, just so you know. Anyways, glad to see this be released!
Steel Titanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
HitCoder
Confident Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Titanium View Post
Making the sever name textbox work is simple as passing +servername "string" to the game, just so you know. Anyways, glad to see this be released!
Thanks for pointing this out, must have forgotten to pass that as a parameter or something. Nobody prior had actually told me of this and I didn't notice it myself. I'll push a fix asap.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by HitCoder; 1 Week Ago at 08:10 PM.
HitCoder is offline   Reply With Quote