SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Miscellaneous

Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2! Details »»
Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!
Version: For any version, by VirtualBlitz546 (The infractions whore ;)) VirtualBlitz546 is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (10 votes - 2.10 average)
Released: 03-27-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Additional Software Models

New Major Update!:
Sonic 2006 MD2 Pack - 3/7/2017

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Hello there folks! This is my MD2 collection for Srb2 2.1.X. There will be lots of models for your own endless entertainment, here I'm gonna post big varieties of models from the classic eras like SADX to even Sonic Colors.

Stay tunned to this post to see more from me and more content!

Spoiler: Md2' recently posted

SADX Sonic and Tails:

This is my very first Md2 pack ever in Srb2.
NOTE: The last update is here! :D

UPDATE: 04/17/14 (April 17th)

Modern Sonic MD2!:

This is still not complete, since there's no Items animation yet, and there is no actual Super anim, i'll need to know what is the polycount limits of the new Srb2 patch. but everything else is complete! Enjoy.
ADDITION: I revamped the textures with HD ones and replaced the eyes with Sonic Boom's eye texture!

UPDATE: 05/14/14 (May 14th)

New Modern Super Sonic MD2 for Nights has been added to VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection pack! No new images, my Imageshack account has been closed due to I don't really know. This new model brings you a new modern super sonic, it has taken really long to make this, massive UV Mapping and such. Just enjoy! :P

UPDATE: 02/10/15 (February 10th)

Oh yeah! The speed of sound arrives to Srb2 on 'Sonic Adventure 2 style'!
This is MOSTLY completed (textures not fully accurate), it's been a hard time doing this, but did it as much as I could. And DON'T expect Super Sonic animations!

UPDATE: 3/7/17 (July 3th)

[/CENTER]

This new major update to the Sonic 2k6 MD2 Pack brings a whole new set of models directly ported from Sonic 06! Incluiding from Rings, to Springs, Item Boxes and Characters!

For this update I've added a brand new RAR file dedicated to this new major MD2 Pack update with all the models including an already set MD2.dat file for easier set up! I've also included optional blend textures just in case you wanna use Sonic, Tails & Knuckles in Online MP with different colors (as well as Super Sonic in SP)!

I'll be updating the General MD2 Pack containing all the models released on this thread so far with this new model update!
A lot of effort has been put into this new release so I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed both making and playing with these models!

Here are a pack of screenshots of almost all the newly added models!:
Spoiler:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Now every character MD2 I make will be uploaded to the attachment called "VirtualBlitz' MD2 Collection.rar", while the SADX Md2 pack will stay as it is, if you want the new uploaded Md2s then download the pack mentioned above.

Recommended sizes:
'SADX Sonic and Tails' = 16.0 0.0
'Modern' Sonic = 19.0 0.0
'Modern' Super Sonic = 21.0 0.0
'SA2B' Sonic = 19.0 0.0

How to set up Md2 :
Simply create a folder named "MD2" into your Srb2 folder, next put the MD2 files into the MD2 folder, create a .txt file named "MD2.dat" and set up the model you want to use in-game (Example: Sonic Sonic.md2 3.0 0.0, [Sonic: the texture], [Sonic.md2: the model], [3.0 0.0: the size of the model]), save and close. Next, on the SRB2 console type "gr_md2 1" and you should be ready to go. Theres an existing MD2.dat into the packs I 've made to download. If you followed and understood the instructions here, then enjoy!

Download Now

File Type: rar Srb2 SADX Md2 Pack v2.5.rar (1.79 MB, 3649 views)
File Type: zip Virtual's MD2s Pack (Updated with 2006 Sonic).zip (5.22 MB, 681 views)
File Type: rar Sonic 06 Md2 Pack.rar (7.09 MB, 662 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 04-17-2014   #62
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Also size will later on bother you, when you notice you are smaller then a ring, or about the size of a chaos emerald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546
19.0 0.0 is recommended
He didn't tell you to put 3 or 2 as the size, but 19... Right?
The Zero Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014   #63
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
He didn't tell you to put 3 or 2 as the size, but 19... Right?
Didn't exactly see that.
Also I didn't know md2s in 2.1 can go higher then a height of 3.0.
Old 04-17-2014   #64
The Zero Team

Quote:
Also I didn't know md2s in 2.1 can go higher then a height of 3.0.
Actually it's called "scale", since it doesn't just stretch the Z axis. But it always could that, I believe.
Old 04-17-2014   #65
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zero Team View Post
Actually it's called "scale", since it doesn't just stretch the Z axis. But it always could that, I believe.
Yeah I notice the flaw in what I said right when I hit submit reply, but since I am communicating on a mobile device I didn't bother to change it.
Old 04-17-2014   #66
The Zero Team

Quote:
Yeah I notice the flaw in what I said right when I hit submit reply, but since I am communicating on a mobile device I didn't bother to change it.
Here I just want to reply "bleh", but that would just be a short message that could be counted as rude/not caring (plus there's also the 10 characters or more rule). And not replying at all would also be like rude/not caring, so therefore I decided to write all this silliness as reply. I probably broke your mind with this.
Old 04-17-2014   #67
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
But didn't you said you were stripping the animations from Blitz?
The mode I gave you to download is really unfinished, and the animations aren't done, that's what I meant. And the reason I use my BlitzSonic animations it's because I can have a more detailed look of the animations in Srb2. For those about to make Md2 and have knowledge with FragMO, I suggest you make the most detailed animation you can and make the framecount smaller, you'll get what I did in that Colors MD2.

Quote:
Also size will later on bother you, when you notice you are smaller then a ring, or about the size of a chaos emerald.
I can simply resize the model in Md2.dat.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 04-17-2014 at 07:00 PM.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014   #68
Maximus Universal
Uhh

I Really like your Sonic Colors model, and you should increase the poly count on the SADX models.
Old 04-20-2014   #69
The Zero Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Universal View Post
you should increase the poly count on the SADX models.
Now I may be wrong, but I think the Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut models come from Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut itself, without having the polycount being manually reduced for Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Italic note: I really don't prefer using "DX", and SA Director's Cut just looks stupid.
Old 04-20-2014   #70
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Instead of taking simply the colorful one, I would suggest taking both the textures and fusing them together to create one mixed texture.
But that's not how it's supposed to be. The grey texture was used in a certain way to make the effect of fur, which was seen in Sonic Generations.

Plus, Virtual's one is much more accurate.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014   #71
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Sonic colors' super sonic entering NiGHTS mode soon!
Old 05-12-2014   #72
CowboyJoseph64
why does this account exist

"Gr_md2" is not recognized by the srb2 system. Why? Everything's set up properly...

...I think. *puts everything in the md2 folder* nope, still nothing...

Last edited by CowboyJoseph64; 05-12-2014 at 10:13 PM.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #73
Yacker
Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyJoseph64 View Post
"Gr_md2" is not recognized by the srb2 system. Why? Everything's set up properly...

...I think. *puts everything in the md2 folder* nope, still nothing...
You gotta open SRB2 in OpenGL mode. .Bats are included with SRB2 for this.
Yacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #74
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Um yeah, you might wanna take a look at the textures of your SADX sonic, all of the textures are out of place. It's so terrible, I shall post a picture.

Old 05-13-2014   #75
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Don't mess with the textures, or else you'll get what you have in those pics.
Old 05-13-2014   #76
Sapheros
That guy that ports

I pretty much HAD to, since all i got were smooth white models with no textures. I'm really hating these white models, it just looks awkward.
Old 05-13-2014   #77
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Then you did something wrong, the models work fine for me, i just redownloaded them yesterday.
Old 05-16-2014   #78
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

My gawd you know what this means.
Old 05-16-2014   #79
Terra
Needy child

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post

My gawd you know what this means.
Hell yes. I'm sure your animations will be better than my shitty ones. I really want to see what the finished product will look like.
Then again, you never finished the '06 model...
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014   #80
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Hell yes. I'm sure your animations will be better than my shitty ones. I really want to see what the finished product will look like.
Then again, you never finished the '06 model...
Thanks, I always was good animating, but if you practice moar you can be even better than me :P. Also, the polycount and verts limit of Srb2 is not enough to render the '06 model sadly. TheDoctor is working on a reduced poly version (i hope :PPPPP).
Old 05-17-2014   #81
TheDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
Thanks, I always was good animating, but if you practice moar you can be even better than me :P. Also, the polycount and verts limit of Srb2 is not enough to render the '06 model sadly. TheDoctor is working on a reduced poly version (i hope :PPPPP).
Yep. (Oh poop I forgot to work on that) *runs home to laptop*

You see, the 06 model has a perfect triangle count, however it's vert count is humongous. It would need to be reduced to a ratio of 0.17 in order to work, but with a decimation to .17, the model looks extremely ugly, that's why I am manually decimating it, to try to keep its original look, while having a lower vert count. So far I have worked on some parts on the head arms and body.

Last edited by TheDoctor; 05-17-2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: additional information
TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote