SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 1 Week Ago   #5881
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Please remove analog mode's random camera angle when the player spawns, it's very annoying and isn't can't be changed while in race's countdown sometimes putting the player at a disadvantage because of it.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5882
Lach
Latch? Lock?? Lack???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Just stick this line in autoexec.cfg, replacing "6" with whatever key you want to bind your centercam key to.

Code:
bind 6 "analog off; cam_speed max; wait 1; cam_speed 0.25; analog on"
Basically it turns your analog camera off and gives the game enough time to center the camera behind Sonic before turning analog back on. :)
Here's a workaround for the time being, Rumia. c:
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5883
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Upgrade the Brak Eggman Final boss into a multi-tier boss battle. Old Brak already works as one of the tiers while Current Brak works as tier 1

(Would Brak Eggman even work as Dark City's boss at this point anymore?)

Last edited by glaber; 1 Week Ago at 04:26 AM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5884
742mph
I make Sonic look like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Upgrade the Brak Eggman Final boss into a multi-tier boss battle. Old Brak already works as one of the tiers while Current Brak works as tier 1

(Would Brak Eggman even work as Dark City's boss at this point anymore?)
Old Brak was removed for a good reason: figuring out how to damage him is way too difficult (at least if you haven't watched the Sonic OVA recently, which most new SRB2 players haven't).
Old 1 Week Ago   #5885
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
Old Brak was removed for a good reason: figuring out how to damage him is way too difficult (at least if you haven't watched the Sonic OVA recently, which most new SRB2 players haven't).
While I do agree with this, I think that Brak could be given more hit points in the form of a lower phase. Perhaps not giving him the electricity barrier until a later phase as like a pinch mode and start him off with some easier hits for the player to land.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5886
Yoshirocks90
Eh, maybe later.

Quote:
Yeah, it took me MONTHS just to figure out how to hit him, and even then I had to cheat to figure it out.
Yoshirocks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5887
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Well technicality, he's just unused now, not removed.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5888
742mph
I make Sonic look like me

Quote:
Well technicality, he's just unused now, not removed.
Removed from the vanilla game.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5889
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
So what would be the explanation for the mech suddenly growing twice its size between phases? Are we gonna replace Metal Sonic with Rita Repulsa or something?
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5890
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Quote:
Removed from the vanilla game.
It's still there as a boss for mappers to use though, but yes.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5891
ThunderFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I agree with this.

Also, can we make the air bubble object(s) a lot bigger and easier to see? And increase the spawn rate of the big bubbles? I'm thinking a bubble about the size of sonic or bigger, maybe shield-sized and just as visible .

I only now realized that part of the reason why I hate underwater levels is having to strain my eyes looking for that puny near-invisible cluster of bubbles and breaking any semblance of flow waiting there for the next big bubble to come and hope to God my hitbox doesn't whiff it when it invariably comes on my last few seconds of air.

Yeah, it'll make underwater levels easier, but the difficulty that comes from these stupid bubbles is the frustrating unfun kind!
I agree with this but I donít think they should be that big. My main gripe is trying to position myself especially when trying to catch a bubble above me.

Oh and that bastard Tails can still steal air bubbles from you by chance.
Old 1 Week Ago   #5892
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
So what would be the explanation for the mech suddenly growing twice its size between phases? Are we gonna replace Metal Sonic with Rita Repulsa or something?
None, the player gets shrunk or pesudo-shrunk instead.

Edit:
Forum suggestion, require addons in the level section to be identified as single player/co-op or multiplayer in the topic line. Some levels do not do this and have names that sound like they would be a single player stage, but are really a match mode battle field.

Last edited by glaber; 1 Week Ago at 05:14 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago   #5893
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Please make a way to spawn the bot when launching the game via command line. Perhaps making (skinname1)&(skinname2) trigger it akin to how you'd do it in a maincfg lump?
Old 16 Hours Ago   #5894
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

I would like to suggest the addition of os.time() or at least a function that points towards it. There is no known way (in my experience) to have a totally universal timer in SRB2. I've had this issue when trying to do a simple Speedrun Timer in SRB2, as well as my script, Utility.

I can't use ThinkFrame because that clock will stop as soon as there is lag. player.jointime is a little better since it uses the player's session time, but even then, it faults and stops during an intermission. The result is Utility will silence some of my players for spam in the intermission when they shouldn't. The same goes for the timer; no matter what I do, the results tally will cause it to stop.

My thought was perhaps the game can use os.time(), and to make it netplay safe, it always checks the server's os.time() result and sends it back to the remote client. It doesn't matter if there is any latency since the remote client can piece which frame the server responded in, so the server and client will inherently match up.

Though, not all the os functions are safe, hence why I suggested its remapping. But take it as you will.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Hours Ago   #5895
Rapidgame7
pressure pressure pressure

I'd like to suggest a hook like ThinkFrame which would run on all frames of the game, or if that's not possible, maybe hooks for the different areas of the game, like for example the intermission screen, the fade cutscene, the main menu, stuff like that, so modders can have a little more freedom on what can be done.
Right now, no hooks except for maybe the chat hook and the player join will run when the game is showing the score tally, and even then there's no way to detect if players are playing or waiting for the intermission to end.

Maybe a timer that always increases, even while the game is lagging and everything's frozen, so timers can still run no matter if the game is experiencing problems. Sounds desynch prone, but with some magic it can be used for something neat.

Maybe also give the ability to modify the intermission screen, both in Co-op/Singleplayer and in match gametypes, just like we can modify the HUD while in-game?
<Rapidgame7> AAAAAUUUUGGGGH
Rapidgame7 is offline   Reply With Quote