ShufflarB2 (Bigass mod), Final Version (56k die)

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I remember seeing a screenshot of Emerald Park's fountain, with ZDoom-style particles. Care to explain why they're not in this edition?

This is evry good. However, there are some bugs... Mainly the sky at Iron Turret Ring in mode. And ring mode needs to be in 1.1.

Hmm... ok, for being someone whose been after a ring race gametype for a long time, I have to admit that the CTF maps aren't quite the best way to use it.

I haven't played this in multiplayer, but so far it seems to be run in the middle of a CTF map, gather rings, then run back. Problem is, each team could do it at their own base, minimize loss and rack up huge scores with little event. The giant rings seem to significantly change the course of the gameplay when they show up, giving those who are the first to fetch them hundreds of rings.

Personally I would see a map using this more of a SP level that is built around going forward similar to a race, and collecting rings. Checkpoints could have those magnet things except they'd pick them up at a faster rate so you can walk by them and still lose a hundred or so rings. It actually may be neater if executed in the SRB2 Riders just because getting rings/items seems to be a natural part of racing games.

And opponents should lose like five rings upon being hit (don't really know exactly what this is actually, guessing its been unchanged) to prevent losing so much so quickly.

Thats it... oh wait, is the program name some kind of joke or something, I wasn't around for older versions so I wouldn't know if its just some old gag but yeah... just wondering.

Another noticeable blemish:

in ring mode, a few stages seem to only have one 'ring post' to a base. The game seems to look for the two closest ring posts, and give each a ring. As such, in the 1-post-to-base stages, you're giving the other team rings. (Most noticable: Nimbus ruins)

ZTaimat said:
Another noticeable blemish:

in ring mode, a few stages seem to only have one 'ring post' to a base. The game seems to look for the two closest ring posts, and give each a ring. As such, in the 1-post-to-base stages, you're giving the other team rings. (Most noticable: Nimbus ruins)
As I said above, do NOT let the game pick levels on its own. It will default to the CTF maps and that is BAD. All ring mode maps have two magnets.
JEV3 said:
Stuff about ring mode
You can't really get a good idea of how the mode works until you play with other people (+4 player netgames, preferably). Players can and DO interfere with each other, especially considering the fact that attacking the enemy base will A) Temporarily disable the magnet and, B) Spew a handful of rings out of it.

A new note, try not to host games on levels with spike sectors. I have NO freaking idea why, but it crashes even the host when people join servers with spikes in them. I'll try to get it fixed, but I really don't know what's wrong.

*shoots a random AK-47 at SS64* We would lke to know how fix it so we DON'T have to pause on joins.

I said:
This EXE sigsevs upon attempting to execute a dedicated server. When attempting to join a server created normally, the server computer's EXE shuts down upon another player joining.

SuperSonic64 said:
The pause button is your friend...

Works fine for me!

Hard to pause a dedicated server that sigsevs upon execution. Equally hard to pause when SRB2 exits itself instantly upon player join, unless you expect me to keep the game paused indefinitely, which kind of defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place.

The server didn't shut down right when I joined sb's server. But the only problem I have is that it crashes right after the stage ends. For some reason, I think this EXE wants me to not play the game normally, and doesn't want any stage to be finished.

Grrrrr. It could be a bit before RC2 gets out. The source of some of the bugs in RC1 is from Alam merging new code into my project.. and he just merged more new code.. that REALLY messed things up. Ever so slightly pissed right now.

This mod is awesome, 10/10.

But I found 2 bugs D:

In Ring mode, if you have a weapon ring (Maybe it's only rail, i dunno), it will keep taking it from you at the bases and keep increasing your points until the weapon ring is out of effect.

Another one in ring mode, in one level (The floating one... Cloud Palace), once you go to the base with the rings, it carries them all the way across the map to the other base, and I also found a bunch of blue rings in the middle of the map, just floating there, stuck, not solid.

Other than that, super mod! :)

Edit: Oops, seems one of them was already found.

Shuffle said:
Grrrrr. It could be a bit before RC2 gets out. The source of some of the bugs in RC1 is from Alam merging new code into my project.. and he just merged more new code.. that REALLY messed things up. Ever so slightly pissed right now.

Revert is your friend!

CrazyChaosChao111 said:

But I found 2 bugs D:

In Ring mode, if you have a weapon ring (Maybe it's only rail, i dunno), it will keep taking it from you at the bases and keep increasing your points until the weapon ring is out of effect.

Another one in ring mode, in one level (The floating one... Cloud Palace), once you go to the base with the rings, it carries them all the way across the map to the other base, and I also found a bunch of blue rings in the middle of the map, just floating there, stuck, not solid.

NEITHER of those are bugs. The first one is supposed to happen. As for the second one, I've said a few times in this topic not to let the game choose the maps itself, as it defaults to CTF maps instead of ring mode maps. THAT is a bug.

Shuffle said:
CrazyChaosChao111 said:

But I found 2 bugs D:

NEITHER of those are bugs. The first one is supposed to happen. As for the second one, I've said a few times in this topic not to let the game choose the maps itself, as it defaults to CTF maps instead of ring mode maps. THAT is a bug.

What the hell did you do to make it pick CTF maps...?

Ah, I see now, genius, you put the nextlevel as the CTF map equiv. of the ring collection map >_>

LEVEL 100
levelname = Silver Cascade
Act = 0
MusicSlot = 90
NextLevel = 81
Weather = 0
SkyNum = 1
timeofday = 1
typeoflevel = 8192

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back