Cheats not working online anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to host a server and enter "cheats on" so I could use setrings, I get the message "No CHEAT-marked variables are changed -- Cheats are disabled". Is there another way to enable cheats as host or are they just gone now?

The only cheat available for coop netgames now is startinglives. If you're interested in having the old cheats back in a netgame, try Terminal! (It also has some other cheats; multiplayer noclip is fun for playing Godzilla in THZ2's skybox, and showplayers is pretty nice for seeing where everyone is.)

I'm not sure but weren't the cheats removed because they were abused in every server?Or was it for something else?
Anyways, using Terminal js the best option.

The game has no "casual" mode. The room choice makes no difference to the game except for determining which master server room (if any) your server is advertised in. (Casual being the room for hangouts, roleplay, and other unconventional servers; Standard being the room for vanilla gametypes, though with gameplay mods still allowed.)

Relegating cheats to a mod helps prevent the scenario where 90% of people on the MS assume the cheats are just there and beg for setlives when they die (Trust me, I did it too back in early 2.0), while still giving the ability to servers that need it enough to script it in.

I'm still not sure why Itemrespawn and Itemrespawntime are disabled for coop now though. And last I checked, not even Terminal could change that. (And I'm pretty sure changing that would be fairly impossible with lua anyway...) Personally, that was one of the things I basically ALWAYS enabled when I was hosting coop, along with needing all players to reach the exit in order to change map, just because it made things less annoying when someone ran in front of you and stole all the rings out of the level.

I'm still not sure why Itemrespawn and Itemrespawntime are disabled for coop now though. And last I checked, not even Terminal could change that. (And I'm pretty sure changing that would be fairly impossible with lua anyway...) Personally, that was one of the things I basically ALWAYS enabled when I was hosting coop, along with needing all players to reach the exit in order to change map, just because it made things less annoying when someone ran in front of you and stole all the rings out of the level.
Well as far as the game is saying, you'd better learn to not get hit :P On a serious note, i don't see a good purpose for the cheats, espeically since the 2.0 special stages are gone, where getting the emerald was as easy as "setrings 9999" and setlives was just so people who can't platform well in the stages can respawn instantly by the request of the host, and while starting lives isn't really a setlives, it makes the begging kinda go away. Joining players and Dead players from the last level will get the starting lives. As for the respawn items... i remember it being something the devs can't control, but Id oon't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back