Tiny 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

We have been reminded of late of the lack of actual preview information, so here are some enormous 1920x1200 screenshots of some of the updated stages.

Remember that all of these are pictures of a work in progress, so don't expect the actual release of 2.1 to look exactly like this.

srb20002.png
srb20005.png
srb20007.png
srb20009.png
srb20010.png
srb20011.png
srb20012.png
srb20014.png
srb20015.png

Yes, 2.1 really is still in the works, despite our best efforts to pretend otherwise. Release date is, as mentioned earlier, "when CEZ's remake is done".

Greenflower Zone now includes a portal to the Sonic Ballroom, a secret stage where Eggman puts on an evening dress and a top hat, becoming Eggwoman. Sonic ditches his trademark red sneakers and dons polished black leather shoes. Eggwoman asks Sonic to dance with him, and Sonic obliges. The rest of the stage is played out as one continuous quick-time-event. Sonic has to keep on his toes to refrain from stepping on Eggwoman's!

CEZ2 now has a better framerate than several of our other stages. The issues that caused that problem have all been resolved.

Weee, CEZ just became 10 times more interesting.

Oh and about its boss, can you tell us something from it, like how far are you from finishing it?

That looks SEXY as hell. It'll be weird seeing THZ different though after so many years of it being relatively unchanged.

You're changing that metal structure in the second screenshot, right? It looks incredibly ugly, especially compared to all of the updated stuff.

You know when a update is almost done when you see a Preview thread. Was hoping some multiplayer update was included in this thread though. Good work, cant wait until this is done.

CEZ looks way better now. Hopefully this gets finished soon. I have gotten bored of playing the same levels over and over again.

Last edited:
The Level's look...fine, Its Okay, I guess. I just wish you would have tooken a picture of a level that we have not seen before like Dark City or Something.

The Level's look...fine, Its Okay, I guess. I just wish you would have tooken a picture of a level that we have not seen before like Dark City or Something.

Because DCZ's totally far enough in development for show, right?

Anyways, FINALLY!! Techno Hill Zone no longer reminds me of a GFZ clone,and CEZ looks so much better with grass dammit!

It's like my faith's restored!!

How about giving GFZ and THZ grass flats that don't look so hideous? GRASS3 and a brown variant (do we currently have one?) are much better options for grass because they're cleaner and more natural-looking.

Getting an update on Techno Hill Act 1 is awesome. The act was fun back in the day, but once the other stages appeared, it was like GreenFlower Act 4. Just with the change of the textures and some updates, it should already look different enough :) I didn´t expect an update to any of the old zones...

Castle Eggman looks awesome. Last stages in 2.0 were surprising, but they needed to be more polished (specially Act 2). Now it looks awesome too.

What will 2.1 exactly have? GFZ, THZ, DSZ, CEZ and ERZ completed and ACZ1 and RVZ1?? It seems like a good deal to me. You are getting closer to finish the game, now there will be just 2 incomplete zones and one new to make, plus final Super Sonic boss. Some years ago it was the opposite :D

This is turning out quite nicely mystic.

I'm looking forward for this 2.1 update.

Oh and how the multiplayer system? Has it been updated with some new levels?

And maybe new game modes perhaps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back