Pokemon Gold & Silver Returns to the DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can be summed up in 6 words: MOST FUCKING AWESOME THING EVER DONE!!!!!!

It is about damn time.

1zdxcft.jpg

25uk7kk.jpg

vyo0v8.jpg

rupd0p.jpg

Some pokemon show in japan with gameplay footage (creepy show.)
Yeah, it's strange. But it shows a teeny bit of the game.

New starter artwork.

I say BAD idea.

Its most likely to be a Platinum with new areas.

I say they should've waited till the next handheld came out and then work on it.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~

And trading to Fire Red/Leaf Green better not be messed up again. *shot*

Best video game news in some time, honestly. Gold and Silver were phenomenal games that feel really dated nowadays. Fixing the engine up to modern standards will be great and it'll let me play this game again without fighting with the interface.

I haven't touched Pokemon in years, but I remember having fun with this game. Nice to hear it's getting updated.

It's just a shovelware cash-in according to my book. I refuse to support Nintendo's so-called "efforts". Maybe in a hundred years Nintendo will finally put an end to the franchise when people decide at last that the games simply aren't worth wasting time on. The series needs to be reborn, not rehashed.

I haven't played Gold and Silver yet, and due to them being on the GBC, I never bothered. Now that they'll be remade, I'll be happy to try them out. Finally I can have a team with Umbreon and Hitmontop in them.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I haven't played Gold and Silver yet, and due to them being on the GBC, I never bothered. Now that they'll be remade, I'll be happy to try them out. Finally I can have a team with Umbreon and Hitmontop in them.

Um.... Umbreon - Can be obtainable in every game besides Firered/Leafgreen series.

Hitmontop - Obtainable in Firered/Leafgreen.

???

Autosaver said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

Um.... Umbreon - Can be obtainable in every game besides Firered/Leafgreen series.

???

Maybe he doesn't have two gameboys. Sheesh.

It's pretty awesome that G/S/C is finally getting a remake and all, but I do hope that the Kanto portion of the game is nowhere as barren as it was in the original(IICR, I think stuff was removed from Kanto because of lack of space on the cartridge). The Safari Zone, Cerulean Cave(Unknown Dungeon), ect would all be welcome additions to HG/SS.

Other than that, I'm expecting HG/SS to just simply be G/S/C with D/P/Pt's battle engine and new extras, much like how FR/LG is just R/G/B/Y with R/S's engine. I also do not expect a Crystal remake, as the Suicune sub-plot was pointless, and all of Crystal's additions like the Dratini with Extremespeed will most likely be integrated into HG/SS.

Jellybones69 said:
Autosaver said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

???

You only need one if you have D&P...I'm assuming he has a DS.
Also it is obtainable using the GTS in DPP

FoxBlitzz said:
It's just a shovelware cash-in according to my book. I refuse to support Nintendo's so-called "efforts". Maybe in a hundred years Nintendo will finally put an end to the franchise when people decide at last that the games simply aren't worth wasting time on. The series needs to be reborn, not rehashed.
Yeah, but when their rehashes are so good, like Fire Red/Leaf Green and Metroid Zero Mission, I'm not going to complain. Assuming they do this remake right, I will be a very happy man when this release.

I am still waiting for the grass type to be viable.

I am praying that it happens in these games.

Despite that I know it won't.

Grass isn't that bad. There are several good grass type moves and Breloom and Celebi get played seriously. If you want to point at a truly useless type, look at Poison. It's basically only a drawback by making you weak to Psychic.

Yeah, but that's very limited. I'd also like to point out that the only reason Celebi is standard set is because it's grass and psychic, and all the weaknesses those imply.

Breloom is just one type. I had real high hopes for Torterra, but then I remembered the whole "Grass is stupidly weak against ice and flying...Torterra is useless" bit.

To be honest, I absolutely hated Pokemon Pearl. However, I loved Gold and Silver. For me, this is probably the last DS/GBA-type Pokemon game I'll ever buy, because they probably won't rehash anything better than this. Everything else is just to rake in money, IMO.

It was about time they they announced it. Wednesday was going rather crappy until someone on irc mentioned the remakes.

I always liked GSC the most out of the series, even though I had started on Yellow. I dunno, I guess it was just you know, the caves, the different colors, the music, etc. I was a kid, I liked flashy things. =P

Autosaver said:
Jellybones69 said:
Autosaver said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

???

You only need one if you have D&P...I'm assuming he has a DS.
Also it is obtainable using the GTS in DPP

I know all of that. I've had them before in my Diamond version. What I meant was that I'm finally able to play with them in their own environment. You can't catch or raise a Hitmontop in Sinnoh or Hoenn, you have to trade one (or hack it). But in this new game, I can just raise one instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back