Best Sonic Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autosaver, you do realize that the person wasn't lost, right? He was purposely getting rings.

And besides, the massiveness is why I like the level.

Luminous said:
Autosaver, you do realize that the person wasn't lost, right? He was purposely getting rings.

I actually played it. I kept going to the same place and then I got bored. :p

Autosaver said:
Luminous said:

Then get better at the game.

Isn't Dust Hill that level that has a winter transition and the level design loops around and there's no way to get to the end?

I mean, hell, that's what it seemed like to me.

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
Luminous said:

Then get better at the game.

Its just a coincidence that everyone needs to get better at the game. :p

Egg Rocket from Sonic Advance, it is an adventure of where you go from Earth to space, the stage has much plataforming and the background is quite enjoyable.

Wave Ocean from Sonic the Hedgehog (do I need to say PS3 version?) yes, I know that the stage had bad placed objects, but oh my... The stage was long, allowed you to play as Sonic and Tails, it was the same stage as Emerald Coast, I´m not kidding, look at the stage carefully at the end of Tail´s part and you will see, overall, the most epic part of the game is the chase of the Egg Carrier.

Skyscraper Scamper from Sonic Unleashed, how could it´s music be epicer, the whole stage is above ground, sliding through rails betwen building and building, running through walls and having a fight at max speed agains 2 of the strongest Eggman´s medium-sized killing machines.

And Coral Reef from Sonic and Knuckles (and Sonic 3 and Knuckles) a big magma stage with alot of changes, first fire, then crystal and then hell, the whole stage is based on when the Death Egg is launching, it is just awesome how at the beggining you go deep the magma core, then keep moving, but then you enter a crystal cave where you go underground and then see an open place where you can see the whole area, start going to the surface but then Knuckles throws you down and the Death Egg starts it´s launching... True Awesomeness.

Blue Warrior said:
Isn't Dust Hill that level that has a winter transition and the level design loops around and there's no way to get to the end?

One, it has been revealed that Sabaku Zone is fake. Dust Hill was Mystic Cave's beta name. Second off, a bunch of switches need to be hit. Like in CEZ2, but more confusing.

In other news, I liked Hydro City Zone (and that says something considering I hate water levels), Marble Garden Zone, Marble Zone, Chrome Gadget, Spagonia with its absurdly spacious sewer that I cannot find in the PS2 version, and Eggmanland is evil.

my favoirate stage is chemical plant from sonic 2 because the level intended you to go fast. I also liked the music to this stage

Any zone from Sonic CD, they have the best senses of speed, direction, exploration and size in any 2D sonic game.

Sonic 1 zones are too slow.
Sonic 2 zones are too numerous.
Sonic 3 zones are too long.

If I have to choose one however, it would have to be Stardust Speedway for the music in the Japanese version and the epic boss race.

Anybody else getting tired of all these Sonic threads?

Anyway, I always liked Launch Base, for some reason. It's fun to play.

Bigboi said:
Anybody else getting tired of all these Sonic threads?

Anyway, I always liked Launch Base, for some reason. It's fun to play.
Um...a week/several days ago Mystic told him to stop.
So I guess more then one person is getting tired of these threads. (Isn't this the reason Sonic The hedgehog forum got locked?)

The name of that toxic plant place in Sonic 2.
Westopolis from Shadow.
That one level in the ark where everything is falling apart in Shadow. (I like finding the computer room.)
I can't remember any, really, except these few.

Jurai_Madman said:
Blue Warrior said:

One, it has been revealed that Sabaku Zone is fake. Dust Hill was Mystic Cave's beta name.
No it hasn't?
I mean this has been discussed to death and such, but the matter was settled little ago, when some people, including Sik and Tweaker, asked Mr. Hirokazu Yasuhara, with help from Chris Senn, if Dust Hill Zone looked like one of the videos and the magazine mockup. He said that it did.

And I wouldn't count that video because it's not an official level. And I also haven't played it.
Favourite sonic level would have to be... eh, I don't have one, I like them all for their different knicks and knacks, but some of the best include Ice Cap, Carnival Night, Flying Battery, and Death Egg.
From the 3D games: Metal Harbor, Speed Highway (as glitchy as it was), Sky Deck (Sonic) and I can't think of any others right now.

Oh and a little fun curiosity from Sky Deck.
You know how in Sonic's story, the ship goes crazy sometimes moving arounnd, twisting and such? It's because in Knux's story, you have to mess with the ship's controls!

Twinkle Park, don't know why. Probably just because I love the music to death in that stage.

And I thought the reason the StH forum was locked was because it was being plagued with "whos betr shadw o metl sonc", among other similar but still crappy threads.

Arf said:
Oh and a little fun curiosity from Sky Deck.
You know how in Sonic's story, the ship goes crazy sometimes moving arounnd, twisting and such? It's because in Knux's story, you have to mess with the ship's controls!

I actually hated that part in Sonic's story, not because of the gimmick, but because it screwed up my controls and made me fall quite a few times when trying to cut corners and jumping.

The rest of the stage is probably favorite, especially the part with all the turrets and cannons firing at you; it's hectic as hell and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back