Help with Server related things

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have been successfully hosting a server from time to time. But, I have had some problems; I am unable to join my own game via the master server when I am hosting a Dedicated Server, much less see any servers available (despite the SRB2MS website showing all of the servers including mine). Also, does anybody know the commands for changing Server stats (ie: Name, Max Players, etc.).

Player limit can be modified with the "maxplayers" command. Server name can be modified with the "servername" command as shown above. You can find a full list of console commands here, and a list of variables here.

As for joining your own dedicated server, IIRC you need to run the game under a different client port. Your dedicated server is hosting on 5029, so any other programs that use that port won't be allowed to connect. Running the game with -clientport 5030 should do the trick. If that doesn't work, let me know. It's been quite a while since I've tried this, so I may have gotten a few things wrong.

https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Dedicated_server

The wiki provides links to batch files for easily hosting and joining your own dedicated server. You may want to tweak the joining one if you want, say, windowed mode instead of fullscreen, for instance.

If batch files are not for you but you'd like to skip the joining the SRB2MS part and just jump straight on via IP, then note that you need to connect to your LOCAL IP address (it should be 192.168.0.something), as 127.0.0.1 doesn't work in SRB2 at all (before anyone suggests that one). As Wolfy already stated above, you still need to connect to a different port to 5029.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back