• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
ElectricRectangularErin.gif

wee

I'm not gonna shed tears like that Prime_2.0 wuss, heh, but I'll admit

I did damn well come close man.

EDIT: How well does it work with midtextures and transparent flats, in any case?

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by midtextures, since polyobject sides are basically normal segs that render normal midtextures. I just made transparent and translucent flats work, though, along with fixing the last few rendering glitches that my test polys give.

EnviousSaltyArachnid.gif

Fuck this is awesome, it pretty much adds a whole "dimension" to SRB2 that has been missing forever to see polyobjects finally working properly. I hope people take advantage.

Red, maybe with all this effort you put into it you'll become a dev someday

Neo: I don't even want slope physics
Neo: Just give me a way to provide vertical variation without resorting to springs, repetitive jumping, or tiny stairs
Neo: Cap them at like 30 degrees or something
Neo: Make it really clear that there will be no loops or wall running

Please make it happen, mister wizard sir

Red, maybe with all this effort you put into it you'll become a dev someday
Psst. Look at his title. It's been that way for a while now...

Quite happy to see his latest insanity, though. Apparently he got Nev3r to give him his demon's contact information.

Big question is, when is someone going to put in support for PolyObjects in OpenGL, now that Software can do all of that? ;)

Also Mystic, I half-suspect that was the joke. (Unless Iceman404 himself has been under a rock the last half-year, har har)

Psst. Look at his title. It's been that way for a while now...
Gee, I couldn't possibly have been cracking a joke about that thing he waves in my face all the time :P

MonsterIestyn, don't count polyobjects in OpenGL out just quite yet. You're forgetting a certain man who basically made most of OpenGL in 2.1 viable.

Last edited:
Please stop talking about slopes in my editing topic thank you all very much. PO flats were a simple case of fixing the systems already in place and using existing renderer functions to align things properly. Slopes, for starters, would require an entirely new method of plane mapping, which I don't want to implement/port.

maybe some day, but not for the foreseeable future

Last edited:
You never cease to amaze me, I can see more maps use polyobjects for interesting things.

Please make it happen, mister wizard sir

If he does slopes, I'd think the slope cap should be 45 degrees. (Rise of 1 by run of 1) In the classic sonic games this was where slopes started slipping.
Lower angel slopes don't slip.

Still, Seeing poloyobjects in a perfect working state is well, Awesome! My history mod has been needing these since Disco Dash was added.

Last edited:
The reason why I specifically want slopes to be as limited as possible is exactly so that older levels don't look outdated due to it. It should just be a minor graphical change, no physics, no quarter-pipes, no anything. Just something that could be slapped onto the tiny staircases in GFZ, DSZ, ACZ etc. and make them look better, make them more lightweight from a rendering standpoint, but not change anything about how the game plays. If it's too high to step up normally, then that's too steep of a slope.

But regardless, I regret unintentionally hijacking the topic like this, so I will now commit sudoku.

The reason why I specifically want slopes to be as limited as possible is exactly so that older levels don't look outdated due to it. It should just be a minor graphical change, no physics, no quarter-pipes, no anything. Just something that could be slapped onto the tiny staircases in GFZ, DSZ, ACZ etc. and make them look better, make them more lightweight from a rendering standpoint, but not change anything about how the game plays. If it's too high to step up normally, then that's too steep of a slope.

But regardless, I regret unintentionally hijacking the topic like this, so I will now commit sudoku.
*cough cough* You mean... Seppuku? Anyways, Red. Those poly objects. They... They... *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back