Setting z-heights with Doom Builder 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctangent

zero incoming
So as far as I can tell, the only map editor for this that's currently being kept updated is Doom Builder 2, and after a bit of self trouble-shooting I got it nice and set up.

Unfortunately, I hit a snag that I can't seem to figure out, and that's setting the z-height of rings and stuff. There's no field dedicated to it nor is there any field that shows the summed thing flags to directly edit it. So, does anyone know how to make it so that editing it is possible?

That just straight-up crashes when I try to open it, even after reinstalling dependencies.

For reference, I'm on Windows 8 64-bit.

That just straight-up crashes when I try to open it, even after reinstalling dependencies.

For reference, I'm on Windows 8 64-bit.

Try running it under 7 compatibility mode and as an administrator.

No dice there, either. Tried also with Vista and XP compatibility mode, exact same result.

EDIT: WELL

rXHwRlX.png

This is one way to bypass this issue, don't you think

Last edited:
Sure, except those numbers are all wrong. They should be powers of 2 in sequence, starting by replacing the "Used for Z offsets" flag with "Z offset + 1" and going up from there.

You have the numbers all wrong, think powers of 2! 8+16 = 24, 16+32 = 48, and so on, so get off anything that isn't powers of 2.

That should be all the ones you need to have.

Yeah, I realized that after some practice with them. Actually, the in-between ones came after I put in the main ones, but after some confusion with them not working I realized that Doom Builder 2 couldn't properly read them, so I removed them.

You could still find the 1.09 doombuilder config, and merge the flag stuff with the new config (I could probably zip it up next time I'm at the computer) Don't guarantee a success though.

That's if you want to use the bit flags to mark Z-height.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back