Won't Fix Resolution Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitoko

SRB2 fails to take a screenshot in really big resolutions (Like 2048x1536)
And fails to render odd resolutions (Like 1366x768)
Screenshotting using the screenshot option in SRB2 does NOT show the glitchy rendering for odd resolutions.

There is no console or error message output.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a soft limit in the PNG code, png_set_limits(png_ptr, MAXVIDWIDTH, MAXVIDHEIGHT); Which limits to 1920x1200 for the normal Win32 builds.

Now, two things: how in the world you got SRB2 to run in that weird video mode? Second, Software or hardware renderer mode?

Last edited:
I'm using an NVIDIA GT 220, and the updated drivers allows me to use a wide variety of video modes. One of them was 1366x768. SRB2 goes wacky with diagonal lines when playing in fullscreen software. I can't try it out in hardware fullscreen because my monitor can't even support it.. x_x

Well it's a shame that I can't take nice big pretty screenshots like that.

I'm using an NVIDIA GT 220, and the updated drivers allows me to use a wide variety of video modes. One of them was 1366x768. SRB2 goes wacky with diagonal lines when playing in fullscreen software. I can't try it out in hardware fullscreen because my monitor can't even support it.. x_x

Well it's a shame that I can't take nice big pretty screenshots like that.

The thing is that the interface code should had filter out any video mode that more then 1920 in width or 1200 in height, so you should had been about to go into 2048x1536 mode, the software renderer does not work that high up (we need to alloc alot more base memory so the software can work with higher resolutions).

Now for the odd diagonal lines in 1366x768, try the Win32 trunk build of SRB2, just do not overwrite the 2.0.6 EXE, just name it as SRB2_trunk.exe. It have a bunch of fixes for software and hardware renderering.

I booted up SRB2 R7208 For you, and tried out software mode fullscreened 1366x768.
The result was the same, I still get strange diagonal lines like before. Snd when I tried to use Printscreen to get a screencap, the printscreen return was nothing like the actual view. In fact, it was very darkened.
But I can still share you what it looked like:
erroredscreen.png

Printscreen tries to tell that something just isn't right with the game.

srb20142.png

But.. when using the screenshot command.. It appears to be just fine.

So, it's really hard for me to see this error thanks to, well.. overlapping errors!

EDIT:
The thing is that the interface code should had filter out any video mode that more then 1920 in width or 1200 in height, so you should had been about to go into 2048x1536 mode, the software renderer does not work that high up (we need to alloc alot more base memory so the software can work with higher resolutions).

I never tried going into software with the really big mode. I could try and force it in the Net Launcher if you want.

EDIT AGAIN:

I tried SRB2 v1.09.4 in the odd video mode, and it worked fine, it just sliced off 6 pixels to let it work.

Last edited:
That because in printscreen it comes out dark due to overlapping, Opengl fixes the overlapping errors.

That because in printscreen it comes out dark due to overlapping, Opengl fixes the overlapping errors.

Or maybe it's a palette error? SRB2 1.09.4 used to do that, but it went all fruity.

(This is also Off-topic, let's get back to the resolution issues?)

Last edited:
Last I checked, when you take a screenshot in Software Mode it comes out as an indexed PNG, so any pallete issues you have won't appear in the screenshots.

SRB2 is only designed to be run at a 16:10 resolution (or any multiples or 320x200). We don't officially support other resolutions, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back