Split from MD2 thread: Multiple player Md2s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrust

That one confused guy.
What exactly in the coding defines the Md2 models for the players is set at just PLAY.md2? Is there any way to modify it so the game loads seperate MD2's depending on what character you select the same way you can replace enemies with MD2s?

Nope! Sorry. Hopefully this will be added in a future version.

If this was doom legacy, we could just make them the name of the characters sprite.
Of course, the dev who decided that characters should not be sprites should be to blame.

If this was doom legacy, we could just make them the name of the characters sprite.
Of course, the dev who decided that characters should not be sprites should be to blame.
However, since there are only 4 letters allowed for a sprite name, you could end up with two characters that have the same prefix, even though there are 1,679,616 possible prefixes.

Here's hoping for full MD2 support, especially with the new way the animations are handled. MD2's have never looked better in SRB2 and with full player options I'm sure they'd take over wads (or at least wads would start having MD2's developed for them)

Back in the day I and a few others found out that if you don't have a PNG texture in the MD2 folder, the game loads the sprite as the model's texture instead; if you added a wad that replaced the sprite with the texture, this would allow for color changing, and for see-through stuff using cyan, and texture animation even though this restricts you to the palette.

I found out that you could have an MD2 file with multiple models inside of it, and have each one use only a 4th of the space in the texture, with a texture that twice as large, you could then have character wads that only used the particular 4th of the "texture" that was for the model you wanted to use, leaving the rest of it cyan. In this method, only one of the 4 models would be visible at a time, and you could switch between them by switching between those character wads that were made specifically for that multi-model MD2 file.

I figured the first 3 parts would be for sonic tails and knuckles, with the 4th being for little odds and ends, like the blurred tails for when Tails is running or flying, and for supersonic's spines. Stuff like that.

It should be noted however that you would have to abide by the total polygon limit, so you probably wouldn't be able to use next-gen sonic 3 times over, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back