Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a good single player usually needs at least a month, probably more. In the other divisions, anything from a day to several months, but usually less than a month.

Hm, the mere fact that I can't use custom music is really discouraging me from making a level for this. One of the main driving factors of my inspiration is the music that goes in the levels, so when that's gone... There's hardly anything left. :O
Oh well, I just got an idea anyways, so I'm gonna try and pull this off fast.

You can just release the level without music to the contest and then release it with music to the Releases section.

srb20130.png

srb20127.png

srb20131.png

(collab with KOTE)

It's gonna be for match. I was wanting to do a CTF level, but Sphere convinced me to do match instead.

okay guys you want a screenshot of my level well here you go

sigsegvcafe.png

Yeah, it's a consistent software renderer crash. Maybe I should put a sign to warn players about it?

He is classic, but he is very beautiful. The light in the hole in particular.
Keep the "water and blue colors" design during all you level. Put often water, she symbolizes your level.
Be careful when you use a color other than blue and green (green grass), it can be bad.

Maybe I should put a sign to warn players about it?

Better to say nothing.

Well, if anyone cares, I've "fixed" the sigsegv... I had to improvise a sort of culling plane for the tunnel with the waterfall, so now there's a pitch black block which you need to cross in order to reach the other side. There's nothing else I could think of. It looks like ass, but at least the level doesn't crash whenever you face the tunnel from the other end of the room. What should I do, keep the ugly but functional way, or pretty but crashy?

EDIT: To clarify, you go through a pitch black wall, then magically appear on the other side. It looks like a bad teleport job and I hate it. But I figured a guaranteed crash would be much more annoying, especially due to it happening when you deliberately explore a cranny in the level and then attempt to return to the main path.

Maybe I need some third-party testing on this.

Last edited:
Argh, alarmingly low rate of submissions and alarmingly low quality of them too. Please, if anybody can whip up something decent in time, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back