Portal Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I saw this mentioned in the irc channel but I'm very impressed to see that this actually works in practice. Nicely done.

srb2portalzoomtube.gif

srb2portalropehang.gif

Many laughs were had in zoom tubes & on rope hangs. Just make sure that it doesn't cost you a life or get stuck forever.

I'd like to see some levels/maps designed for using portals.

Something that requires using portals to get through the level.

Gotta say, this wad makes the metal sonic race soo much easier. In fact, I beat metal sonic to the checkpoint, and had time to spare. I waited for him to see how far away he was, and I had to wait there for about half a minute :p.

Brak Eggman is unsupported kthxbye
I wasn't necessarily trying to report a bug, I'm pretty sure that Metal Robotnik wouldn't be supported anyways considering his height. I was just experimenting because I thought that the Portal Gun would help him beat the first act.

Gotta say, this wad makes the metal sonic race soo much easier. In fact, I beat metal sonic to the checkpoint, and had time to spare. I waited for him to see how far away he was, and I had to wait there for about half a minute :p.

The Metal Sonic race is hilariously fun with the portal gun. Never again will I wait for him to bust through those spikes, I'll just shoot a portal through them instead! What's this? A long corridor? I'm not walking that I'll just portal myself to the other side!

*evil laughter*

The Metal Sonic race is hilariously fun with the portal gun. Never again will I wait for him to bust through those spikes, I'll just shoot a portal through them instead! What's this? A long corridor? I'm not walking that I'll just portal myself to the other side!

*evil laughter*

I actually felt like I was playing portal when racing him. Especially that part after the multiple conveyor belts, where I would portal myself up to the tails/knuckles vent.

By the way, In a netgame I made a portal from the place where you meet Metal Sonic to the other side of the closing door. A lot of people were happy to have a second try (maybe third) that day.

This is fun as heck and I've only been playing for three seconds. My only complaint would be that there should be a button to remove your portals.

Okay fiiiiiine, but only because the last version was broken in the current game. Update. Changelog:

• Fixed issue with portals disappearing on touch that began with 2.1.7
  • Made portals fullbright
  • Portals might be less likely to crush you (we all know how well that worked from the first update though)
  • Added sound when shooting portals (I don't give enough of a shit to add other sounds)
Now stop asking me about this addon.

If it's possible to make portals on moving objects and if a lua can be created that allows polyobjects to go through the portals...
Then I would create a portal on that polyobject which will go into another portal... and I'll be the FIRST ONE TO DIVIDE BY ZERO!

Old jokes aside..
This lua is amazing. I'm a long time portal fan. I loved that the momentum is conserved from one portal to another. A map should be made solely for this script where sonic finds eggman's secret weapon Portal Gun.

I died once when went through the portal but that's not a problem. Risks are involved when you mess with physics ;)

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back