Suggestions

Don't take my word on this if its not true, but I think there is a feature in the Doom Builder where you can prevent Sonic, Tails, or Knux from accessing a linedef.
Did you even bother reading my post saying different characters having different levels, not paths in the same levels? Plus "No Knuckles" would also exclude "Knuckles". How do I make "Knuckles" (a character with glide) able to go somewhere "Knuckles" (a character with glide) can't via linedefs? Yeah, I didn't mention that, but seriously, I said levels, not paths in levels.

Also, I do remember the Sonic Adventure mod's way of handling the characters' stories, which is using the emblems system to allow you to play from one character's set levels.
I don't get it.

...Um, What? you want to use linedefs to give Knuckles the ability to go where he SHOULDN'T go?
No. I want character A, who has the ability glide (and thus counted as Knuckles by linedefs), to not be able to enter character B's levels after clearing character A's levels. And character B has the ability glide, too.

RedEnchilada has suggested using Lua to check for skin-name, and rise/lower a "custom exit" control sector's floor to go to the correct level when first starting a campaign, then warp the player to the exit sector. I'm going to do that.

But my problem is... Once character A beats the singleplayer campaign, or in this case his instead of the, he can access character B's levels, despite not having cleared them in his run. Why can he access them? Because of the level select thingie available after clearing singleplayer by going to singleplayer and selecting the cleared save file. Then he can go to any singleplayer-campaign level at all, unless ForceCharacter is in the level header of it. But at the same time, I want to avoid ForceCharacter, for the sake of co-op.

A good example of this is the Mystic Realm in 2.0, where Tails and Knuckles can access Sonic-specific levels, and any character can go to the Second Quest's levels, even if the Second Quest isn't unlocked in the secrets menu yet.

Now to get back to the purpose of this topic, hows about a Specatate mode for Co-op and Race, sometimes players will just be idling because they have to be afk, even i end up in situations like that, but people won't be able to move on in the level and I can't watch what someone does, and for racing, well, Some people just don't wanna race at all, and instead of leaving the server or begging to go do Match or co-op, they could just spectate and beg.

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but why haven't we updated Brak Eggman to be less fugly? He still looks like he's made out of cheese, and not actual drawn sprites, kinda like Knuckles did before 2.0 (although that looked like a Knuckles plushy that was just posed).

I think brak looks ok. His sprites were made out of his 3D model (which you can get a good look at from the releases section). I honestly don't mind the 3d rendered sprites in srb2, like that NiGHTS booster thing, or the Eggman statues, etc.

I think brak looks ok. His sprites were made out of his 3D model (which you can get a good look at from the releases section).
I think he looks okay too, but I probably wouldn't mind 2D drawn sprites. The current Brak "sprites" seems more like a placeholder to my mind than finished sprites, similiarly to the pre-2.0 Knuckles and pre-sprited Sonic and such.

I honestly don't mind the 3d rendered sprites in srb2, like that NiGHTS booster thing, or the Eggman statues, etc.
The only thing I mind about the 3D sprites is... the lack of the official MD2 models used for them. I've only had luck finding the official Brak MD2 model. I'd especially like the MD2 models for the Egghead statues. It looks weird with how round the sprites look, when there are only 8 directions for the sprites, and they are without real depth.

OK, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but ill give it a shot. what if we have Yellow and Dark Yellow for player colors. yellow could be how it was in 2.0 where as dark yellow could be the 2.1 variant of it. It might need an extended palette, I'm not sure. but i hope this makes it into the next version.

Yes, that's been suggested many times before. No, it's not happening because that shade of Yellow you're talking about (this is the same reason that yellow was disabled in multiplayer in 2.0) is too close to Super Sonic's yellow (as in, exact same minus blinking).

Yes, that's been suggested many times before. No, it's not happening because that shade of Yellow you're talking about (this is the same reason that yellow was disabled in multiplayer in 2.0) is too close to Super Sonic's yellow (as in, exact same minus blinking).

im not sure what the real problem is. if you have a player flying at you at high speeds and sparkles coming out of their bum, then why wouldnt someone beable to tell that they are super?

Last edited:
How about softening the yellow pallet on the dark side and sharpening it on the other.
Nevermind, just do the sharpening
I mean softening :P

Last edited:
If a cutscene's scene has a Pic1duration of -1, then do not automatically end that scene when the text finishes appearing.

Alternatively, the return of enter (see what I did there?) to be able to skip the cutscene instantly would be fab. As it stands, that's not possible in 2.1, so if it was ported then you'd be entirely at the mercy of Tortured Planet's zone intros.

Alternatively, the return of enter (see what I did there?) to be able to skip the cutscene instantly would be fab. As it stands, that's not possible in 2.1, so if it was ported then you'd be entirely at the mercy of Tortured Planet's zone intros.
Pretty sure you can press the Spin key to zip through cutscenes/score tallies, which is much better than binding it to an arbitrary key (then again, Escape menu...)

[10:21] <Rob> I have a better question
[10:22] <Rob> Does SRB2 have a way to disable general and team chat display/sounds?
[10:22] <Rob> I don't think it does
[10:22] <Rob> And it could totally use it

I think the thok and the ring toss sound effects need to be separated. Maybe not an entirely new sound but at least have them use different slots. The thok is hardcoded into playing the player's attacksound, which is always the same as the ring toss sound.

Remember the Metal Sonic Replays? If there's any possible way could it be possible to make multiple replays for one stage? And the replay's skin would be assigned in lua? Example: Replay records Puffball, Replay Skin is Sonic.

Last edited:
player.jumping doesn't seem to turn off when letting go of the jump button if in downwards momentum. That can lead to pretty annoying effects, like jumping from a high place, letting go of jump while falling, hitting a monitor/enemy/something, and only bouncing very slightly up. (That has killed me in a level at least once.) Personally, I'd suggest making it so player.jumping either turns false when letting go off jump, no matter what, or automatically when player.mo.momz<=0 in the case of it going false when falling resulting in... strange stuff. (According to people, stuff like this belongs in suggestions, not bug reports.)

I disagree - the system as it works right now gives players a high amount of control over their crawla hops. Removing the short bounce would also remove several strategies in time attack and match. Like everything else in the game, it's just a mechanic that you need to understand and learn.

I disagree - the system as it works right now gives players a high amount of control over their crawla hops. Removing the short bounce would also remove several strategies in time attack and match. Like everything else in the game, it's just a mechanic that you need to understand and learn.
Yeah, I need to understand and learn that if I let go of jump while falling, the let-go-of-jump action doesn't happen. Edit: Well, it does, but first when I bounce on something.

I didn't say it should just be removed, I said it should be made so if letting go of jump while falling does make the let-go-of-jump action happen, but if that causes weird stuff (like falling quickly, then breaking the fall and going a little upwards due to letting go of jump), then it should be removed. In either case, it would be nice so that if holding jump while bouncing on something while player.jumping is false causes it to be true again, as well. I didn't mention that before, as the previous post was only a bug report, since they for some reason belong in suggestions...?

The way I'd prefer it would be jumping from the floor causes player.jumping to turn true, to allow one to break the jump, and letting go of jump or having downwards momentum makes it go false, to work around accidental "mini bounces", but if holding jump while bouncing on something, player.jumping would go true again, to allow one to break upwards momentum again.
That would not only "fix" accidental deaths by you thinking you get a high bounce when you only get a slight one, but also be useful for experienced players, giving them greater control over their enemy/monitor bouncing.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back