Clarification of teleport effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
Hope this is the right place to ask this...

I've recently become aware of the silent teleport in ERZ2, after having first discovered a similar effect in SF94-Serv. So I looked up the Teleport Player linedef. I'm a little confused, though.

The main thing I've noticed is that, as the article describes it, the X and Y offsets and the control sector's height determines the player's position. But when I first found out about these teleports, neither of them seem to, well, move the player. As in, I don't notice any position change after the teleport itself. (Standing in the right corner of the origin = standing in right corner of destination, standing in left side of origin = standing in left side of destination, etc.)

The article describes an absolute, but the game shows a relative. Is there something I'm missing here?

I know it's a silent teleport. I think I phrased my confusion wrong.

From what I'm reading in the article, effect 3 seems to be something that would set the character to an absolute position (which would look like a sudden snap to the center of the area, for example), but the game shows a relative thing going on. That's where I'm getting a little confused.

It's true the article doesn't mention the word "relative", but trust me, by setting the Effect 3 flag you will have a relative teleport. If you don't, then yes, your position will be "snapped" to where the Teleport Destination Thing is.

Alright, thank you, that clears up the confusion.

One last question, though, just to finish this up... do you still have to tag the linedef to the destination sector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back