How to make my character turn super?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
I have a character with the Homming attack ability. I tried with the flag SF_SUPER, but it didnt worked. Is there a way to make it go super without using LUA?

Thanks anyway!

Nope, unless you are playing match/ctf.

Sorry!

Edit: Also, to note, if you have SF_SUPER on while super, you will have Super Sonic's Float, instead of any other abilities.

If you wish that to be the case, you can use this lua code.

Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", do
        for player in players.iterate
		if player.mo.skin == "skin_name"
		player.charflags = $1 | SF_SUPER
		end
        end
end)
Otherwise, you can use this longer code.

Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", do
        for player in players.iterate
		if player.mo.skin == "skin_name"
			if player.powers[pw_super]
			player.powers[pw_emeralds] = 127
			player.charflags = $1 & !SF_SUPER
			else
			player.charflags = $1 | SF_SUPER
			end
		end
        end
end)
I hope that helped your goals!

Last edited:
the flag SF_SUPER gets removed if your character isn't sonic, but you could set it on if it's off with lua, which would allow a super transformation but you would also get the super sonic float(and only the yellow color).

It's not possible without lua and the lua one is a bit limited.

Also to note another factor: Players cannot get colors other than the yellow super sonic color, unless one ends up using more lua in order to manually change the colors.

Also to note another factor: Players cannot get colors other than the yellow super sonic color, unless one ends up using more lua in order to manually change the colors.

Yellow color is ok!
So, the code you gave me allows super transformation? Or just Super Sonic float ability?

Both allow for the super transformation, but the second code allows for using the abilities from Match such as the super whirlwind jump that tails has, while the first code locks you into using Super Sonic's Floating ability...

So either Super Float or Ability based super ability, take your pick.

Both allow for the super transformation, but the second code allows for using the abilities from Match such as the super whirlwind jump that tails has, while the first code locks you into using Super Sonic's Floating ability...

So either Super Float or Ability based super ability, take your pick.

Thank you! How do I put the code in? Just copy and paste it in S_SKIN?
Sorry for so many questions

Create an entry that you will name LUA_SUPR for instance, and throw in the code.

I tried but it didnt worked. I changed the skin name but instead of my character a green Sonic appeared (with homming attack ability). And he cant transform in Super Sonic.

EDIT: My character skin load now, but still no Super form. Does the entry need to be a certain "Type"?

Last edited:
Here is a script from Blaze:
Code:
 addHook("MobjThinker", function(char)
    if (char.skin == "blaze")
    and not (char.player.charflags & SF_SUPER)
        char.player.charflags = $1|SF_SUPER
    end
end, MT_PLAYER)

As long as you have 7 emeralds and 50 rings, you're all good.

Make sure that the skin name is also lowercased. Instead of "Sonic10", you should have "sonic10".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back