SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

UglyKnux - Original SRB2 Knuckles Details »»
UglyKnux - Original SRB2 Knuckles
Developer Last Online: May 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 4.00 average)
Released: 03-29-2014 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
Characters Scripts Re-Useable Content

The original SRB2 Knuckles is back,
and he has returned with his SpideyKnux powers of being able to continue to glide after exiting his glide!

The differences with UglyKnux and 2.1's Knuckles are:
  • Unlike Chuckles, he'd rather flex his muscles,
  • He can jump slightly higher than Knuckles but runs slightly slower,
  • He glides a bit slower,
  • and has SpideyKnux glide powers.

Download Now

File Type: rar UglyKnux.rar (109.8 KB, 3676 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20069.gif
Views:	9643
Size:	6.62 MB
ID:	4000  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 12-12-2018   #42
JackelZXA
Creator of the old UglyKnux

Hey so finally got around to contacting the moderators about this. I'm the guy who did the original version of this knuckles for an older SRB2 demo. Back then I went by the username DOHlberg. I made a Knuckles model in Truespace3D and contacted SSNTails in the old #srb2 chatroom back in the IRC days to create a wad file so there could be a proper temporary Knuckles in the game. Up until then it was just some sprites of Sonic from Sonic Xtreme thrown in. Originally there wasn't even a climbing feature and I asked if some frames could be set aside so I could animate a proper climbing animation into the sprite. Four frames were set aside just for Knuckles in his WAD file so he could have a believable climbing animation. One thing I didn't do right was I didn't account for the way Doom reassigned colors when I made the sprite, so only his socks and a few random gray spec pixels would change color. Anyways yeah, that was that. Unfortunately I don't have the original model file anymore. I believe it was on an old hard drive that might not exist now. I did some fangame stuff for a while before going to college. Now I do indie game dev and anything I post (currently) is going to be on my twitter, same username as I signed up here with. You can contact or follow me there to see what I'm up to these days. I hope that clears things up for anyone interested. I saw the model pop up from time to time and just kind of dragged my heels on letting people know where it came from. Hope people found this interesting!

Last edited by JackelZXA; 12-12-2018 at 08:16 AM.
JackelZXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018   #43
Sinny33

That's amazing that you've made this guy.
Sinny33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018   #44
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Have you checked out the official Discord server? ordomandalore attempted a recreation of the model and it would be nice if you can get in contact with them to perfect the ugliness.

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018   #45
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Hopefully that dispenses the old rumours that it was made with a plushie at last, pff.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019   #46
JackelZXA
Creator of the old UglyKnux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
Have you checked out the official Discord server? ordomandalore attempted a recreation of the model and it would be nice if you can get in contact with them to perfect the ugliness.
I'm on the srb2 discord, been posting artwork (Some for a game I'm making) That model actually looks better than the real one did. It was made mostly with primitives because I didn't know what I was doing. The dreads weren't actually even part of the head mesh, they were just cylinders extracted out with a tapered end. It was some real amateur low quality jank. (Easy to pose because I didn't actually have to know how to rig it) I made the eyes with Truspace's cutout tool and then everything else was just skewed spheres, cubes, and cylinders. The mesh wasn't even properly smoothed out so it had Virtua Fighter style hard edges on every polygon. The recreation model is pretty cool though. I love it.

Last edited by JackelZXA; 01-03-2019 at 07:41 PM.
JackelZXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #47
Sinny33

Just imagine what a resprite of this guy would be. Sure, it'll take down the oldness he has but it'll look cool
Sinny33 is offline   Reply With Quote