SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives > Bug Reports (2.0.X)

Old 07-19-2010   #1
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

Default Intangible platforms in NAGZ

In Neo Aerial Garden, in the Act 3 section of the level, there are several platforms that are intangible to the player and result in the player falling through them and into a death pit.

The offending room is screenshotted below.

This bug appears to be caused by one of the linedefs used in the FoF creation having effect 2 attatched, although I don't know the exact use of effect 2 on FoFs, it does appear to make the platforms intangible to the player.

The offending sectors and linedefs are screenshotted below, for reference, the linedef numbers and their sector tags are located here as well.

Linedef 11668 - Sector 473

Last edited by K.S.; 03-30-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2010   #2
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

If you're curious, this is triggered by the old difficulty-based flags from 1.X not being properly dealt with in conversion. Hence, platforms that were originally easy-only or hard-only end up visible but intangible in 2.X. I guess I missed a few platforms when doing the porting.
Old 07-20-2010   #3
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
If you're curious, this is triggered by the old difficulty-based flags from 1.X not being properly dealt with in conversion. Hence, platforms that were originally easy-only or hard-only end up visible but intangible in 2.X. I guess I missed a few platforms when doing the porting.
Who had that improved level converter again? He should get around to releasing that so we don't see stuff like this so often.
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Old 07-21-2010   #4
Kaysakado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime 2.0 View Post
Who had that improved level converter again? He should get around to releasing that so we don't see stuff like this so often.
If you're talking about the one from the Mystic Realm project, I made that, but it had nothing to do with linedef difficulty flags. It just fixed the object difficulty flags.