SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 06-12-2010   #1
Nekoishi
Is actually

Default Favorite Hiding Spots

Thunder Citadel- underwater, next to the rail tunnel.

Lava level - lavafalls of course

Sapphire Falls - next to a spring
Nekoishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #2
Whackjood
The unreliable joodge
Judge

brb noting down hiding spots so I always win against you.
But, jokes aside. I tend to avoid typical hiding places, or the ones well-known to be successful, because as players wise up, they will go their first. (For example, the old section in Thunder Citadel where players could hide above the spring and out of sight, a lot of players just fired bounce rings up there once they wised up)

If anything, I just pick Tails and try to find hiding places that aren't considered typical, such as on top of the book cases of Thunder Citadel. Although, hiding in Tails/Knux only spots works surprisingly well as well.

In before nobody has anywhere to hide in Meadow Match.
Whackjood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #3
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whackjood View Post
I always loved Hide and Seek in Meadow Match. It felt so... fast-paced. *shot* Seriously, the only way to score at least a few points is NOT hide on the top platform.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #4
zephyr
DTT

Mine is KTE-ing (I could've said climbing) in GFZ2. I never join servers with the default h&s spots on. It's much more fun in GFZ -> THZ2, with the exception of the boss levels.
But if I did, I'd probably hide underwater with sonic. It actually works most of the time.
<kathy> i can laugh at you
Ow..
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #5
mamaluigi
I AM your father.

I get an Elemental Shield, and hide in lava.
mamaluigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010   #6
MisterX

I always hide in obvious places remaining to be sought, such as behind bushes (always in green color) on walls that are somewhat closely and tightly closed to direct views, etc....
MisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #7
WhiteHeroAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
Seriously, the only way to score at least a few points is NOT hide on the top platform.
Really? Because I hide up there all the time, just hanging on to the edge with Knuckles.
Anyways, I tend to hide in waterfalls if I can, but every other time I just go into a common hiding spot and get into a position where I'm least likely to be seen. (Example: Thunder Citadel Zone, on the wall, touching the edge of the crushers)
WhiteHeroAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #8
Spirit Dragon
GameN'WatchComms Co-Host

Well, my favorite hiding spot happens to be in Thunder Citadel. I turn beige and blend in with a certain surrounding. I won`t be specific because then it will be way too easy to find me even though Whackjood already knows where I hide.
Spirit Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #9
Blacklightning
Insane Idealist

I won a H&S game in GFZ3 by hiding behind the plants on the border, directly behind the seeker's spawn point. Definently my proudest and luckiest moment in H&S by far.

When it comes to Meadow Match, I blend with the walls and try to hide underneath the bridge. It's not the best spot there, but it ain't the first place people look. The water and the high platform are really the only other notable hiding spots in the whole map, really.

That's the only two maps I actually remember the names of right now, but I do recall that the race maps are actually surprisingly good hiding maps, save for one or two (basically the ones that are featureless and flat, like the ice one). Quicksand hiding spots are an absolute nightmare for seekers, but I like knocking one of the pushable gargoyles off their pedastal and taking their place as a gag. People always find that one hilarious. XD
Old 06-16-2010   #10
TDM
New name: "Blivsey"

I went an entire CTF on Nimbus Ruins as Knuckles where I was hanging on the back of the flag's platform, out of view. I could easily jump up and banzai people coming for the flag. And no one caught on. We performed a shutout. It isn't exactly H&S, but it's a great hiding spot.

For actual H&S, I find it easy to hide in the THZ Deton room (no one has found me yet, it's scaring me), and on the pulleys in ACZ (more of a gag than anything), and I even worked together with someone during Tag mode to get to Sonic's emblem room in DSZ (we were found though).
Old 06-20-2010   #11
Goddratini

You'll never take my uber hido spot in the toxic water place(how did I forget its name).
Although very annoying cuz you need a elemental shield for it, and sometimes you just can't find one :<
Old 06-21-2010   #12
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

My used to be favourite - now hated hiding spot in Infernal Cavern, is hiding in the lava falls with the green shield, then climbing as high as you can. Hated because it's impossible to get you down in Software without a green shield also, and still nigh so in OpenGL. My used places? Why should I tell you guys?
Kopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010   #13
DrTapeworm
lord of gradius music
Developer

Meadow Match is terrible for H&S. I rolled into a wall corner at the last second, out in the open and no one caught me!

:V
Old 06-22-2010   #14
Sky The Destroyer

I was playing a H&S game with Kiddytails and Lonewolf(a.k.a Super mystic sonic) a while back and I was AFK and I returned to find out that I was in the middle of Desolate Twilight, out in the open! But Kiddytails could find me, even though I was in the open! It was pure luck.
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #15
Donovansrb10

Quote:
Argh, wrong. Just be knuckles and hide by climbing the platform to so the player's view won't see you.

Oh yes, me love cheating on lava level.
Donovansrb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010   #16
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovansrb10 View Post
Argh, wrong. Just be knuckles and hide by climbing the platform to so the player's view won't see you..
Bad news is, it's the ONLY place to hide, thus, the FIRST place people go to.

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #17
Chaos Knux
Daww, a mother and her foal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddratini View Post
You'll never take my uber hiding spot in [Noxious Factory Zone].
Although very annoying cuz you need a elemental shield for it, and sometimes you just can't find one :<
Up the waterfall outside, Knux-cling to the steel wall on the inside. Am I in the ballpark there, champ?

Quote:
Sorry, you have not called it. It's obvious as all Nimbus Ruins Zone (SRB2-speak for "hell") but noone will look for me there BECAUSE it's so obvious... and if they do, nobody ever uses the ">tagtype 1" command so I'm free to move laterally out of their search area. ;-P

I KNOW I'm not the only one who dives under the lava in Infernal Cavern Zone, admit to it. :colbert:

I lessthanthree the new AFK bunkers added to Noxious Factory. AKA Tails-only areas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves; Today, Tomorrow, and Forever
SUPER NARWHAL, MY MUFFIN!
Chaos Knux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #18
Monochrome

Behind the pillar in the back of DTS, in the interior slimefall in the...factory...zone...with an elemental barrier (long time since I played, actually), and camouflaging on a wall or in the lava with the elemental barrier (again) in the volcano zone. And as for the castle...No specific favs. I have loads of places. Anyways, I'm personally better at Tag than HnS.
<Kuja> Stupid Obnoxious Noob Is Castrated
Quote:
[20:03:46] *** Amelia Jasmine Hall ejected Chuck ****in Norris from this conversation. ***

Last edited by Monochrome; 06-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Monochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #19
Autosaver

In Meadow Match - Everyone just uses Knuckles and climbs on a wall/platform. In certain areas, the texture makes you invisible.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #20
Zinos
i love animated pictures!

Default Meadow match

There arn't any good places!!!!
Zinos is offline   Reply With Quote