SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2010   #1
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default SRB2 Tortured Planet: Final Demo Before Release!

Another new beta is now available: V0.4! It's the last demo before Version 1.0, the first fully-fledged release of the mod. V1.0 will include all 28 planned levels in the Single Player Campaign (later versions might have some bonus Match levels and the like), Emblems to find, an Unlockables system, and basically everything that comes with a true mod.

V1.0 is probably going to take longer to come out than any wait you've experienced in the demo process. But until then, you can enjoy all the new goodies that come with the final demo:

Changelog:

Beta 1: The first demo of this mod. Just included Sunshine Atoll Zone and all the boss battles.

Beta 2: Eruption Conduit Zone and Drowned Downtown Zone have been added, plus a lot of renovations to most of the levels already in the pack!

Beta 3: Snowcap Nimbus Zone and Gritty Columns Zone have been added, plus some more renovations to existing levels. Notably, a new path has been created in SAZ1!

Final Demo: Fume Shaft Zone and Liftoff Gantry Zone have been added. Several of the boss battles have been improved, some drastically overhauled. And a few levels have been tweaked a bit.

The Story:

After Sonic and company beat Dr. Eggman in Final Fight Zone, the evil scientist fled to another planet, taking the few functional robots he had left with him. Sonic and his friends felt they needed a good, long vacation, and went to Sunshine Atoll Zone for a few months of sun and surf.

But a few weeks into their vacation, EGGMAN ATTACKED AGAIN!

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles managed to escape to the other side of the island unharmed, but they were seriously confused. How had Eggman managed to return so quickly?

After spying on some robots, Sonic discovered the answer: the planet Eggman had fled to was rich in natural resources--and was home to a peaceable but strong alien race which Eggman had enslaved to reconstruct his evil schemes.

Well, the three of them had to do something. This alien planet desperately needed their help--and what was more, now that Dr. Eggman was powerful again, he was also taking over Mobius! Will Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles EVER get to finish their vacation?

The Zones:

Sunshine Atoll Zone: What started out as a beautiful vacation spot is now overrun with Eggman's robots! Sonic and friends will have to explore the island top to bottom, freeing the enslaved creatures in the robots as usual, and keeping an eye out for Eggman. It won't be too difficult--the reason he came to Sunshine Atoll in the first place was to fight Sonic!

Eruption Conduit Zone: When Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles got back to the mainland, they discovered that a normally quiescent volcano is erupting. But it's not a natural process; Eggman is channelling the volcano's magma through pipes, using the thermal energy to power his factory! They'll have to get into the factory and shut it off before the entire land is scorched!

Drowned Downtown Zone: Our heroes have now advanced on the ruins of Dark City Zone, Eggman's old metropolis. In an attempt to lose Sonic before he can cause any more trouble, Eggman activated his weather machines, flooding the city with water! They'll have to wade through the streets and catch up to Eggman before he gets away!

Snowcap Nimbus Zone: Eggman has now flown off to the one place he thought Sonic and his friends could never reach--the sky. But our heroes did manage to follow him by hiking up a nearby mountain range. Watch out--it's really cold and slippery up here!

Gritty Columns Zone: After the ordeal at Snowcap Nimbus, Eggman decided that he would be safe in an ancient desert ruins. It's full of traps, set by both the old civilization that used to live here, and by Eggman himself. Better be careful in this place!

Fume Shaft Zone: Eggman is no longer concerned about Sonic, because ensuring that the rest of his plan goes smoothly is his most pressing concern now. But what is that plan? All Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can tell about it is that this phase of the plan takes place deep within an abandoned mine, and that whatever it is, it's producing a lot of slime!

Liftoff Gantry Zone: Suddenly, Eggman's plan is clear--he's salvaged a bunch of his old machines, and he's shipping them off to his new empire on the distant alien planet! Our heroes will have to find and board Eggman's rocket before it takes off, or they'll never stop him!

Spacewalk Zone: Oh no! Eggman figured out that Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles stowed away on his rocket. Deciding that killing Sonic and his friends is more important than the shipment the rocket was carrying, Eggman aborted the mission and sped off in an escape pod--leaving our heroes stranded in space! But, according to Tails, it's impossible for Eggman to get all the way to the planet aboard that escape pod, and that he must therefore have a second spaceship somewhere out there. The three of them must now search for Eggman's vessel before he flies it away, or they'll be trapped in space forever! As if that weren't bad enough, they'll have to watch out for low, and sometimes reversing gravity.

Alien Armageddon Zone: Look at what Eggman has done to this beautiful planet! Everything is chaos and chemicals and robots. And Eggman himself is holed up in a vast, sinister castle full of booby traps. Sonic and his friends have a long, harsh trek ahead of them if they want to liberate this alien world.

Star Showdown Zone: It's the final battle with Eggman on a platform above a churning star! Defeat him, and his entire scheme is finished!



Completion:

Keep in mind that just because a level is labeled "complete" doesn't mean I've officially ended work on it; it just means that it's fully playable and has an exit. In later versions, I am planning to go back and do big overhauls of many of these levels, making them longer, less linear, and not so glitchy.

Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Gritty Columns Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Gritty Columns Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Gritty Columns Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Fume Shaft Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Fume Shaft Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Fume Shaft Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 1 (complete)
Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 2 (complete)
Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Spacewalk Zone, Act 1 (in progress)
Spacewalk Zone, Act 2 (in progress)
Spacewalk Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Alien Armageddon Zone, Act 1 (in progress)
Alien Armageddon Zone, Act 2 (in progress)
Alien Armageddon Zone, Act 3 (complete)
Star Showdown Zone (complete)

Screenshots:

Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 1:
Just a basic level, full of Blue Crawlas and platforming.

Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 2:
This may look bland, but looks can be deceiving. All I'll say about it is that the leafy canopy is intangible.

Sunshine Atoll Zone, Act 3:
Just your basic boss battle. Not any harder than GFZ3; possibly a little easier.

Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 1:
A ruined THZ1-style level, the only difference being that it's all fire, not slime!


Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 2:
Eggman's factory. Don't get burned!


Eruption Conduit Zone, Act 3:
Pretty much the same as SAZ3. The only difference is that the stage is larger, and has deadly lava surrounding it. Oh, and there are a bunch of lava pipes you'll have to watch out for.

Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 1:
The streets of this city are flooded, and there are some aquatic enemies to watch out for!


Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 2:
Very similar to DDZ1, but there's more time spent in the buildings in this act.

Drowned Downtown Zone, Act 3:
Egg Slimer Time! After a while, water floods the stage, so try to defeat Eggman as quickly as possible.

Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 1:
Lots of snow, ice, caverns, and clouds. Plus, watch out for oil slicks and ACZ technology, installed by Eggman, of course!


Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 2:
As you get closer to Eggman's hideout, the oil spills get worse. Some of them are sticky and sludgy, and some are deadly!


Snowcap Nimbus Zone, Act 3:
You're fighting the Egg Slimer again, but this time, the floor is icy, the walls are bouncy, and Eggman speeds up every time you hit him!

Gritty Columns Zone, Act 1:
A lot like ACZ, but it has some sandy columns and ruins in it. Explore the area and find the entrance to the main ruins!

Gritty Columns Zone, Act 2:
The interior of the main ruins. Filled with traps and patrolled by Eggman's robots. Take care!

Gritty Columns Zone, Act 3:
Third and final Egg Slimer in the mod. Watch out--that's no ordinary quicksand. It'll pull you in ultra-fast! You can still escape from it, but it takes a lot of hard work, and it won't help matters if you're in Eggman's path.

Fume Shaft Zone, Act 1:
It's a mine filled with toxic goop! The purple slime damages you, and the green slime kills you outright.


Fume Shaft Zone, Act 2:
Deeper inside the mine, you can see Eggman's underground factory. The ventilation shafts are down here, so be careful of the fans.


Fume Shaft Zone, Act 3:
Somewhat reminiscent of THZ3. You're fighting the Egg Mobile again, but he has spikes, just like the 1.09.4 CEZ3 boss fight did.

Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 1:
Explore the perimeter of Eggman's rocket launching station. There are some pretty tough enemies here.

Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 2:
Now it's time to explore the interior of the base, and search the rockets for Eggman's materials. What is he planning?


Liftoff Gantry Zone, Act 3:
You're fighting the Sea Egg...out of water? On an elevator? What tricks will Eggman have here?

Spacewalk Zone, Act 3:
Look out below! And above! This stage is just a plain old Egg Mobile battle...but the gravity periodically reverses! Defeat Dr. Eggman quick, if you don't want some nasty motion sickness!

Alien Armageddon Zone, Act 3:
This is an unusual battle. You're fighting the Sea Egg, and you should use similar strategies as in DSZ3. But even aside from the different layout of the room, there are a few big differences between this level and DSZ3. First, the liquid is not water but damaging slime. Second, there are no rings in the level...but there are four Elemental Shields. Not only will they allow you to get hit once per shield, they will also protect you when the slime floods the room. If you run out of Elemental Shields before the battle is over, you have no chance of winning, because you'll automatically die when Eggman is down to his last two hit points and the slime rises.

Star Showdown Zone, Act 3:
This is it. The final battle, with Brak Eggman!



Last, but not least, the

Moderator Notice:
not-download link. Given the ease of updating an existing topic with a new(or "full") release, even demo releases need to go through submissions.


Keep an eye out for SRB2TP V1.0!

Now, it's your turn. Got any suggestions? Complaints or compliments? I'd love to hear them, because I want this mod to be as good as possible when it comes time to release the full version.

Discuss.

(Fawfulfan received a warning for this post: Do not use Editing as a method of evading Submissions judging.)
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!

Last edited by Prime 2.0; 03-19-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #2
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

I can tell right now that it is a very bad idea to do all the boss stages before starting on the rest.
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #3
kingofcity
 
kingofcity's Avatar
Default

I recently took this for a spin, and I like what I see so far. Are any of the other zones avaliable in this beta? Because I couldn't seem to find the exit in the first zone.

Anyway, my only gripe is in this particular area the water is too dark:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8162/srb20011.png

There's probably a reason for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing it be brighter. Otherwise, good job so far!
kingofcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #4
Agent Hack
Known as Wind on SRB2
 
Agent Hack's Avatar
Default

The first zone's sky looks a bit out-of-place. And does not match the water in the level, probably because the sky is too pixel-y like.

Also, none of the boss levels seem interesting except for Gritty Columns Zone, Act 3.

Edit: Will comment more after I finish downloading and playing this.
__________________
My server: Wind's Server (Now has slower internet, yay)
Agent Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #5
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcity View Post
I recently took this for a spin, and I like what I see so far. Are any of the other zones avaliable in this beta? Because I couldn't seem to find the exit in the first zone.
Every zone that had screenshots is available in this beta. To access some of them, however, you'll have to use Level Select. When the mod is done, it'll be stand-alone, and all the levels will lead into each other. For now, though, Level Select will allow you to see all the levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcity View Post
Anyway, my only gripe is in this particular area the water is too dark:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8162/srb20011.png

There's probably a reason for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing it be brighter.
That path leads to the Special Stage Token. In Act 2, there's another murky-water path like this. In later levels, it will lead to Sonic's emblem (Yes, this mod will have emblems later!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofcity View Post
Otherwise, good job so far!
Thanks! That's a big compliment, given that the mod is currently too primitive to fully enjoy it. This is really just to show the level structure so far.
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #6
Agent Hack
Known as Wind on SRB2
 
Agent Hack's Avatar
Default

Okay, tried this mod out.

For starters omg Adventure mode, this was a bad mistake from the beginning. I was unable to fully enjoy these levels and the camera acting awkwardly in the level made me unable to see most things.

The level design was not bad, however. But I did find some quirks...

The water here rises and falls too quickly you should lessen the speed of the water to give it more of a natural "beach" feel.


And I also noticed a little line of land that looks weirdly out of place...



Oh and the color of the water here does not match the sky. ( and the comment I said about the sky earlier, disregard that. The color of the water does match the sky)



As for the boss battle, it played OK but it felt to boring and bland. Add some more hills or give the level more of a challenge.

Overall rating of the 3 first levels is a: 5/10 Not bad. (Did not get a chance to play the other boss levels)
__________________
My server: Wind's Server (Now has slower internet, yay)
Agent Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #7
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher
Moderator
 
MascaraSnake's Avatar
Default

I didn't like this at all. The layout is confusing, and scenery is mostly very bland. Also, what's up with all these boss battles? Did you actually spend more than two hours on these?
MascaraSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #8
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Hack View Post
For starters omg Adventure mode, this was a bad mistake from the beginning. I was unable to fully enjoy these levels and the camera acting awkwardly in the level made me unable to see most things.
Adventure Mode? What the hell are you talking about!? I didn't program it in adventure mode. In fact, Adventure Mode was scrapped in 2.0!

Other than that, thanks for the feedback. I'll try to fix what I can.
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!

Last edited by Fawfulfan; 01-31-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #9
Azurah
 
Azurah's Avatar
Default

This mod looks very promising. I am downloading it right now and will try it out. I'll be back soon to give you my thoughts on this mod.
__________________
In Split/Second, you don't say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to use my boost!" You say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to blow up that building over there!"

Last edited by Azurah; 01-31-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Azurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #10
Thompson
Endokukennnn
 
Thompson's Avatar
Default

Uh, in sunshine atoll zone, areas in the acts are too dark. I pressed brightness to it's fullest limit in the application and on my moniter and could barely see where to go. Lighten the place up a bit. Especially in your water.
__________________
Solar Egglipse in progress.
Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #11
GoldGameMaster
The one and only...
 
GoldGameMaster's Avatar
Default

I like the concept but the bosses are a bit repetative. The levels also need more content. Over all it's good but needs work.
__________________
Have a gaming day.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/GoldGameMaster
GoldGameMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #12
Azurah
 
Azurah's Avatar
Default

Time for my first review of a mod.

First of all, if you didn't program the mod in Adventure mode, then why does the mod have that camera view? It's kind of annoying (especially in the Clouded Nimbus boss zone.)

Anyway, time for the individual zone and act comments.


Sunshine Atoll Act 1:
Very nice level, although the first part on the beach looks like it was from another level (can't remember the name of it.) Nice platforming parts. Altogether, a good first act.

.... Act 2:
Seemed kind of short, but that might of been because I just stayed on the higher parts of the level. Nothing too spectacular here, but a nice act, nontheless.

.... Act 3:
Here's the problem with this boss fight (and some of the others.) The Adventure mode camera is annoying. (Adventure mode is where the camera is not right behind the player. It does not turn when the player turns. It's like the camera in Sonic Heroes (my, am I going back a ways for an example). It was also used in a Sonic Adventure mod for SRB2.) Nothing too fancy in this level. Good first boss fight.
Eruption Conduit Zone Act 3:
Good job of making this boss fight a little harder than the last one. Nice progression of difficulty. Now, you have to be careful you don't fall (or jump) off. Nice.

Drowned Downtown Zone Act 3:
Even more difficult boss. Not only do you have to be careful to not jump off, you have to fight the Egg Slimer. Cool level.

Snowcap Nimbus Zone Act 3:
This level is going to be frustrating for some people because of Adventure mode. The ground is slippery, so it will be harder to fight Eggman. However, I like the design of the level.

Gritty Columns Zone Act 3:
Ooohh, quicksand. Nice twist. Makes it harder to get the Egg Slimer. Again, nice layout.

Fume Shaft Zone Act 3:
Not much space to fight Eggman (not that that is a bad thing. It's just more challenging.) Liftoff Gantry Zone Act 3:
I like the fact that this fight is on an elevator. Very cool. Also, the boss choice was very good. Now, not only do you have to be careful of Eggman hitting you with his guns, you have to avoid the spiked orbs. Nice job.

Spacewalk Zone Act 3:
Look out below!! Or is it above? Interesting idea using reversing gravity. However, Adventure mode makes it difficult (sorry I keep bringing that up.)

Alien Armageddon Zone Act 3:
No rings?! Cool idea of using the Elemental Shields instead of rings. Using the Sea Egg was a good idea, too.

Star Showdown Zone Act 3:
No rings, nothing to keep you from falling into the star. Good final boss, although kind of plain for a final boss.

My, this was a long review. Can't wait to see the finished product.
__________________
In Split/Second, you don't say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to use my boost!" You say, "Ooh, I'm behind! Time to blow up that building over there!"
Azurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #13
Agent Hack
Known as Wind on SRB2
 
Agent Hack's Avatar
Default

http://wind.sonicquestsite.co.cc/vid...-play-thru.wmv

Sorry if it does not auto-play in your browser, I'm having a bit of a problem with my webspace ATM.

But that video should explain what I mean when I say "Adventure Mode".
__________________
My server: Wind's Server (Now has slower internet, yay)
Agent Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #14
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"
 
Wombatwarlord777's Avatar
Default

Eh, that was alright.

Act 1 was far too linear. And in the first act of any mod, one shouldn't have to be forced to backtrack if they stray from the designated path. That damned waterslide / waterfall that deposits the player back in the first area really bugged me. Otherwise, it was alright. The platforming itself wasn't that bad.

I liked the stump-hopping bit at the beginning of Act 2, but I think it ought to be placed somewhere in the midsection of the level. In all the good custom stages and all the offical Sonic levels, I don't recall once when the player is immediately forced into some precision platforming routine. Instead, the player is given some freedom to run about as Sonic for a little while. Otherwise, the layout of Act 2 was rather confusing and I felt I had reached the exit by chance rather than consciously navigating my way about the level. Why the outdoors area near the end has several distinct elevations is beyond me.

I personally loathed having to scale high ledges in order to get rings during the Shineshine Atoll's boss fight. Otherwise, I can't really complain.

Last edited by Wombatwarlord777; 01-31-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Wombatwarlord777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #15
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

Okay, I'm addressing a couple of things here at once:

Wombatwarlord777, if you had actually missed one of the stumps at the beginning, you wouldn't have died. Rather, you would have ended up in another area below it.

To everyone who's accusing me of using Adventure Mode, answer me this: how the heck could I have used Adventure Mode when Adventure Mode doesn't exist in 2.0?

Also, I've never understood what the problem is with Adventure Mode anyway. I've NEVER had problems with the camera in Adventure Mode. Are you guys using the Analog Camera? I do, and it has so many advantages. If you're not, that could explain the problem.

Nevertheless, I'm checking this out...
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #16
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator
 
Mystic's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawfulfan View Post
Also, I've never understood what the problem is with Adventure Mode anyway. I've NEVER had problems with the camera in Adventure Mode. Are you guys using the Analog Camera? I do, and it has so many advantages. If you're not, that could explain the problem.
I never use analog mode because I find it completely unplayable. Even if you manually turn analog off in adventure mode every map (which is what I used to do back in 1.X), it actually still messes with the camera because the camera is raised higher above the player in adventure mode.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #17
Wombatwarlord777
"...What?"
 
Wombatwarlord777's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawfulfan View Post
Wombatwarlord777, if you had actually missed one of the stumps at the beginning, you wouldn't have died. Rather, you would have ended up in another area below it.
If you'll look again at my post, you'll notice I never once said (or even speculated) that you'd die falling off those stumps. I had assumed you'd fall onto the canopy, and would have to backtrack to a spring somewhere and try again. In a way, though, it would be more refreshing just to die after falling, instead of ending up in water and having to find an awkwardly positioned spring that must be hit at just the right angle in order to bounce up towards the ledge where the player is intended to go. At least when the player dies, he starts back at the beginning and has a fresh chance at successfully and quickly clearing the gap, as opposed to fumbling around in an almost unnecessarily deep water-filled gorge.

Also I noticed an invisible wall immediately after the previously detailed area. Puke.

Also, there are ledges you must spring up to that are also swarming with nearby Crawlas. Double puke.

Also, that beach area in Act 2 (where you end up if you jump off the cliffs near the end) is totally devoid of anything except enemies and a single red spring that doesn't seem to lead anywhere in particular. Lame.

Finally, have the player start on an elevated ledge or something in each act. If I want to type additional commands into the console, I don't want to have to worry about Crawlas killing me. Ever.

Last edited by Wombatwarlord777; 01-31-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Wombatwarlord777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #18
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
I never use analog mode because I find it completely unplayable. Even if you manually turn analog off in adventure mode every map (which is what I used to do back in 1.X), it actually still messes with the camera because the camera is raised higher above the player in adventure mode.
Really? I find Non-Analog completely unplayable. In Analog, it's so much easier to make smooth turns, and the camera is a little farther out, which I like.

It's really strange...I've never noticed a single difference in the camera when I play Adventure Mode.

But that's beside the point, because there's no Adventure Mode in my mod.

Anyway, I'm trying to fix some of this stuff now.
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #19
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player
Moderator
 
D00D64's Avatar
Default

I find analog straight-on impossible myself as well. I just use first-person all the time.
__________________
The least skilled player on the Kart Krew dev team, but I try my best. Maybe someday...

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010   #20
Fawfulfan
The Tortured Planet guy
 
Fawfulfan's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatwarlord777 View Post
If you'll look again at my post, you'll notice I never once said (or even speculated) that you'd die falling off those stumps. I had assumed you'd fall onto the canopy, and would have to backtrack to a spring somewhere and try again. In a way, though, it would be more refreshing just to die after falling, instead of ending up in water and having to find an awkwardly positioned spring that must be hit at just the right angle in order to bounce up towards the ledge where the player is intended to go.
You don't actually HAVE to take the stump-hopping route at all. There's a second spring in the water that sends you to the place where all the stumps lead you to.
__________________
Just another indie game developer...check out my website, Chapman Games!
Fawfulfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad) Fawfulfan Levels (2.0.X) 1595 08-09-2014 06:58 PM
Tortured Planet BR (Planeta Torturado) Marcelo_Souza555 Editing 8 11-22-2010 11:05 PM
=[SRB2 Star Wars Mod - FINAL RELEASE!!!]= zck2020 Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 193 12-06-2009 06:33 PM
"Config File for SRB2 Final Demo v1.1"? Starbuck Editing 2 07-11-2005 02:37 AM
SRB2 Final Demo 1.08 Mirror Arrow SRB2 Discussion 4 11-01-2004 04:55 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.