Let the speedruns begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find you guys using Tails in THZ2 weird. I'm awful at Time Attack and I have 1:33.34 as Sonic. Replay: http://mystic.srb2.org/replay/MAP05-sonic-time-best.lmp
Just an FYI to people that put up replays: Posting something like this actually does not work. I still get my own data from this, and I never actually completed the Record Attack as Sonic. (No, the guest file doesn't work, either, as it shows my Tails run)

EDIT: Unless somehow I'm doing things wrong, it gives me "Replay Best Score", which is impossible, as I have no best score set.

Just an FYI to people that put up replays: Posting something like this actually does not work. I still get my own data from this, and I never actually completed the Record Attack as Sonic. (No, the guest file doesn't work, either, as it shows my Tails run)

EDIT: Unless somehow I'm doing things wrong, it gives me "Replay Best Score", which is impossible, as I have no best score set.

Seriously? Reproducing the replay files works just fine for me.

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you moved the replay files you downloaded to "replay/main"? Are you sure they have the correct names (like MAPXX-guest)?

Seriously? Reproducing the replay files works just fine for me.

This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you moved the replay files you downloaded to "replay/main"? Are you sure they have the correct names (like MAPXX-guest)?
Yes. I think it might be because I didn't compete the level as Sonic before, which is why it's bugging out.

Regardless, I really don't know why people don't upload the guest file instead of the main file.

Regardless, I really don't know why people don't upload the guest file instead of the main file.

The difference between the main and the guest file is only the name. Both are lump files. If you want your main record to become a guest record, just rename it to MAPXX-guest.

Okay.. here go my soon to be beaten times for Eggrock Zone (all with Sonic):

ERZ1, 1:30.37
ERZ2, 3:53.6
ERZ3, 2:44.34

No ERCZ, that time is pretty much determined by the AI actually deciding to follow you to the lavafall (which he dislikes for me the first time).

I can edit the wiki for you. Just ask me when you need help!

If you can spotlight it there for the few hours before you replace it with your owns, that'd be nice, since I have absolutely no idea how to edit it (even though I can edit it, I'm just lost in the layout). Just don't use *Steel* because that nick is old like time itself and just sucks (I asked quite some times to change it). Use either SteelCZ or Steelie, whichever you like.

If you can spotlight it there for the few hours before you replace it with your owns, that'd be nice, since I have absolutely no idea how to edit it (even though I can edit it, I'm just lost in the layout). Just don't use *Steel* because that nick is old like time itself and just sucks (I asked quite some times to change it). Use either SteelCZ or Steelie, whichever you like.

I just edited the wiki for you.

I feel like a noob everytime i look at this page. Anyway, good job Ors, as always you are doing awesome speedruns.
My times:
GFZ1: 0:14.54
GFZ2: 0:35.96
THZ1: 0:57.20
THZ2: 1:47.97(as Tails)

EDIT:
0:14.25 for GFZ1 (can't do better).

Last edited:
Apparently I didn't make this clear, but records are ONLY valid if you upload the replay lump on the wiki. Everything else will be deleted. Also, please stick to the "MAPxx-<character>-<category>.lmp" naming scheme. Otherwise, several records will use the same filename and people might accidentally start overwriting unrelated records.

Apparently I didn't make this clear, but records are ONLY valid if you upload the replay lump on the wiki. Everything else will be deleted. Also, please stick to the "MAPxx-<character>-<category>.lmp" naming scheme. Otherwise, several records will use the same filename and people might accidentally start overwriting unrelated records.
Just a heads up, in the case of ERZ2 score and ring attack runs presenting replays is currently impossible due to an error with ghost replays desyncing in ERZ2. So I've had to record a playthrough instead.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, ERZ2 ring & score attack run
Rings: 712
Score: 201600
Time: 16:06:34

Last edited:
SRB2 Time Attack ghosts

Here's a bundle of some of my ghosts for you try out. Let's see some good races and shortcuts going!

SMS' Time Attack ghost bundle
https://www.mediafire.com/?6kbfor789inb99o

Extract the contents into your "replay" folder. As of now, I didn't have time to attempt a speedrun on EVERY stage yet.

In order to post your own, remember to rename MAPXX-sonic-time-best.lmp" to "MAPXX-guest.lmp" first. To see someone else's ghost, make sure to put GUEST to "show" in the record attack's GHOSTS menu. You can only have 1 guest at a time.

--------------

Optionally, post your times as well! Here's my current times.

GFZ1 - 0.11.94
GFZ2 - 0.25.71
GFZ3 - 0.16.68

THZ1 - 0.43.02
THZ2 - 1.28.48
THZ3 - 0.19.77

CEZ1 - 1.27.63
CEZ2 - 1.55.34
CEZ3 - 1.41.42

ACZ1 - 1.19.77

RVZ1 - 1.00.53

ERZ1 - X.XX.XX
ERZ2 - X.XX.XX
ERZ3 - 2.27.40
ERCZ - X.XX.XX

Aerial Garden - X.XX.XX
Azuré Temple - X.XX.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back