SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 01-17-2012   #3501
Violo
Resisting Pony Avatar

NiGHTS mode is the closest you'll get to this probably. Though with NiGHTS physics, I'm not sure how that would work out.
Violo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #3502
Zongalito
Great Sonic-Ideas

How about a Icy Shield? with this you can walk in water (for 30 seconds or until you jump to get into the water) and move more quickly in water
And a function for SRB2, for add custom music and play while someone is playing
or a function for add wads from SRB2, a list with the wads in the folder (and if is possible to show if they are a character, level, mod, sound o graffic), the same thing with socs
Zongalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #3503
SmashProX

If your suggesting I try actually making this stage, I have no knowledge of wads or levels or any designing, so making this would prove to be extremely difficult.
SmashProX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #3504
ashtheman14
Not this moron again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashProX View Post
If your suggesting I try actually making this stage, I have no knowledge of wads or levels or any designing, so making this would prove to be extremely difficult.
If you really want to start mapping for this stage, start reading the SRB2 wiki: http://wiki.srb2.org/
If you ever do start anything, don't rush it and start small. That's the advice I've been given anyways.
Back on topic: Does anyone know of any progress on those "robo-hood" sprites?
1 Race map... 12%
Just testing the water really, seeing what I'm good at...
ashtheman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012   #3505
Internet Explorer
IT'S NO USE

I don't know if someone already asked that - it's about the SRB2 contests : what about allowing designers to use a custom music for multiplayers stages ? But this custom music should be the only extra lump allowed for Multiplayers levels. Extra graphics and other stuff is forbidden, of course...
The only problem is that the admin who make the contest multiplayer pack must configure the musics numbers to don't affect the other people's levels.

Last edited by Internet Explorer; 01-21-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: ashtheman14 answered to SmashProX
Internet Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #3506
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

allow custom unlockables to be unlocked without beating the game or hitting the required number of emblems for one of the defaut unlockables.

(oh ho ho... funny that you bring this up. ~Inu)

Last edited by K.S.; 01-29-2012 at 06:53 AM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012   #3507
Ezer.Arch
ArchPack developer

Make Continuously Falling Sector setup more intuitive for map makers

Since the relevant topic was locked and I couldn't post any further comment to suggest or question something, I'm going to post my comments here:

Why should a falling FOF use the a floor height for its ceiling's ending point? And why should a rising FOF use the a ceiling height for its floor's ending point? The thing is that it's counterintuitive a ceiling value being used for floor and vice-versa. If I set a FOF to go from 192 & 128 (ceiling & floor values) to 64 & 0, I don't expect it to go to 0 & -64. But it does.

It would be easier for level designers to figure out if ceiling values were used for ceiling heights, and floor values for floor heights, just for consistency (e.g. Linedef Type 60). If the FOF is falling, the ceiling height of the linedef's back sector could stay unused, as is now. If rising, the floor height of the linedef's back sector could stay unused too. The linedef's back sector heights would work as limits of FOF's movement: it wouldn't move any further.

If the current working way is desired (which in my opinion is confusing -- I've spent months to workaround it), I think I would understand if it was explained.

(Plus, I discovered this linedef type, #52, doesn't require a sector tag number to work. It can be zero, and still works.)

Besides, the wiki description was corrected.

Last edited by Ezer.Arch; 02-03-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Ezer.Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #3508
coolknux900

Default chars

they could put manic or sonia

(coolknux900 received an infraction for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
coolknux900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #3509
verifiaman
The master of verification.

Make some animated GIF files so texture scrolling won't be as annoying to implement on FOF's
Old 02-06-2012   #3510
FlavoredLoli
Tastefully Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolknux900 View Post
they could put manic or sonia
Well, character wads of them exist, they haven't been ported to the newer versions but nonetheless they are out there, it'd be impractical to put characters from a rather obscure show into the game itself outside of just an addon.

On another note: There was talk in #srb2fun about a tf2-like payload game mode, and how possible it would be, of course anyone wanting it could just boot up tf2 but the idea is out there if anyone wants it.
Old 02-07-2012   #3511
742mph
My work is never done yet

Just in case this hasn't been implemented already, there is one thing that I would suggest the devs add to the 2.1 unlockables system. It would be nice if Linedef Type 441 could be set to work in reverse; that is, to activate another linedef executor in the level if the player triggers it and meets a specified ConditionSet. This would allow, for example, a smooth transition between the last level of a level pack and a hidden final boss unlocked by, say, collecting all emblems without the game blatantly saying "Hidden final boss unlocked!" and creating an option in the secrets menu.
Old 02-07-2012   #3512
Internet Explorer
IT'S NO USE

Quote:
Originally Posted by verifiaman View Post
Make some animated GIF files so texture scrolling won't be as annoying to implement on FOF's
I'm pretty sure these GIFs textures will be more annoying to build them into srb2.srb than using a simple scrolling walls/floors effect. Because, first, we'll have to make the textures go in 4 situations of scrolling (Up/Down/Left/Right), this means designers will have in their texture menu, every textures *5, because a lot of textures will be added, and designers will be confuse because of all these textures.
And - linedefs contain a lot of specific effects (config the scroll speed, etc.) So... this could only confuse the designers.
Old 02-07-2012   #3513
verifiaman

Well that sucks. How about adding dash rings either as a thing or a lindef effect?
Old 02-07-2012   #3514
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

What the hell are dash rings?
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #3515
Scizor300
footure semen

I'm assuming he's talking about a specific ring type that allows for light dashing, like the ones that are in Sonic Generations.

<+Scizor300> i got kicked from #srb2fun from enraging rob with terrible christmas songs
<+Scizor300> my life is complete
sciz 4 stjr: i'm gonna make america cool again
Scizor300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #3516
Sky The Destroyer

I think he means the rings that magically sends Sonic flying like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZqlqCpjCs&t=1m46s
Sky The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #3517
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
What the hell are dash rings?
Basically, he wants the NiGHTS bumper in the form of a big ring.

Which is easily done by SOCs, as evidenced by mods like that Sonic 06 based mod.

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #3518
verifiaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky The Destroyer View Post
I think he means the rings that magically sends Sonic flying like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmZqlqCpjCs&t=1m46s
That's exactly what I meant.
Old 02-09-2012   #3519
Autosaver

After playing Spiral Knights, I got an idea from one of the game types.

Capture the bases - Set an x amount of beacons in a level and have both teams try to take over them. Most points (which would be achieved by time/amount of bases taken over) wins.

If you have ever played Star Wars: Battlefront, you probably get the idea.
Autosaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #3520
Fred
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosaver View Post
After playing Spiral Knights, I got an idea from one of the game types.

Capture the bases - Set an x amount of beacons in a level and have both teams try to take over them. Most points (which would be achieved by time/amount of bases taken over) wins.

If you have ever played Star Wars: Battlefront, you probably get the idea.
aka Unreal Tournament's Domination gametype? It's been suggested before, but Mystic has consistently shot down the idea on the grounds that defensive gameplay is impossible in SRB2. The fast paced nature of the game would cause every round to pretty much end in a stalemate because it's much harder to actually kill people and prevent them from constantly claiming back a beacon the minute you get your hands on it.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote