[SRB2 Riders] Rainbow Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Yep, the release of the SRB2Riders beta inspired me.

It occurred to me while browsing the Mario Kart stages that there's no Rainbow Road. How can this be? Rainbow Road is in every installment of Mario Kart. There's no escape from its deathpit-y goodness!

Of course, this stage was a rush job. It only took a few hours. But I will more likely than not release a better version before long, hopefully based on the feedback I receive on this one.

To play, just add it into SRB2Riders and start as normal. Make sure your hopping and drifting skills are competent. You're gonna need them.

CHANGELOG:

v1.1: Rails added for tough turns; music changed; second Star Post area updated.
v1.2: Rings removed.
v1.3: Start Points rearranged to work the way real Mario Kart tracks work.
v1.3.1: Whoops. That's not QUITE how the start points are arranged in real Mario Kart tracks. NOW it is.
v1.3.2: Last player start tweak. I promise.

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 856
  • srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 630
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 632
  • rk_rainbowroad-v1.3.2.zip
    173.3 KB · Views: 842
Last edited:
>tunes 81

I like it. But I'm guessing that you'll need to add rails in. Mostly where you fall from up high and need to make a sudden turn. I'm also not too sure of the missing yellow FOF that acts like a pit.

I was also thinking of making a RainbowRoad-only map additions, similar to ERZ3. It would be only an sfx-replacement map. I already have the Mario Kart Rainbow Road drifting, and the 'hoops' sfx that plays when you pass through them.

Whoa, conflicted. CZ64 tells me to do something, SpiritCrusher tells me to not do it.

Anyone else got opinions on the rails?

I have 2 problems with this map.
1. The background is green, a better fitting one would be something rather black, or maybe the background on TP's main menu, with earth bellow.
2. Cyber textures...? :|

The beta of SRB2Riders inspired me to keep making more Mario Kart levels for SRB2 Riders.
I was testing this map with you, but I got sigsegv'd.

This is a great level, its almost like the real levels on srb2riders the only problem is this room:
srb20082.png

The flashing diso lights hurt my eyes but this level is still awesome though.

I'm guessing this level is really short compared to the original. Try making it big next version..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back