Suggestions

A Big Update in tails sprites: using some sprites from SRB2 riders, because in normal races (not riders style, or kart style or nights style), he has better sprites when flying, his tails aren't a ring like in SRB2, and when he take the fly path, his tails spins in a usefull way to use in his running animation, because his tails are a like a ring when he is running and is very awfull...

Changin NiGHTS Sprites: using too the sprites from SRB2 riders, because the characters doesn't turn into super sonic, they turn into a fly mod, but we need to recolor them and make the drill animations

Making more 3d-ish some sprites, such as the spring sprites, chaos emeralds, tokens, and the item boxes

Using the RB2 Riders Night's sprites are unlikly, but would the possibility go up if the community completed the missing sprites?

ANTISPECTATE
If this command has any value above 0, it will automatically kick out players who exceed that amount of time in tics spectating. The minimum value is, say, 90 (30 seconds); setting it to 1-89 would put it back to 0.

Using the RB2 Riders Night's sprites are unlikly, but would the possibility go up if the community completed the missing sprites?
The possibility would go up if the sprites were as good as the official sprites.

ANTISPECTATE
If this command has any value above 0, it will automatically kick out players who exceed that amount of time in tics spectating. The minimum value is, say, 90 (30 seconds); setting it to 1-89 would put it back to 0.
Because spectators are evil and harmful to your server?

I want you to put a ranking for capture the flag and other modes to meter a bit of competition because his play in a vacuum sucks.

Sorry for my translator

I was going to translate it a bit more, but this was too funny.

I want you to put a ranking for capture the flag and other modes to meter a bit of competition because his play in a vacuum sucks.

Sorry for my translator

CTF is based on the fact that we are already linked.

Non-snarky version: CTF already has rankings based on scores. (And if you want competition, just play Team Match.)

Last edited:
i Saw the game mode preview and, i think you should change the blue chip animation (when you catch one, and appears a lots of traslucid blue chips), because the animation of them could slow a lot the game, and i think it must be changed by blue sparks, like when you catch a Ring
If is possible, to give Knuckles a New ability, and idk if this is possible or if this is one the Ability list, A Stompt attack, by pressing the spindash button while he is jumping/Gliding, because it ressemble he Drill Claw attack from SA2/STH06 (this is like a jump dash but backward)
And to Add to the unlocable list, officially Homing Attack and Light Dash but only for sonic, and you decide the requeriment, but i would be like ''Have all sonic's Tokens''
For Tails, should be More time in Fly, For Knuckles, More height in his jump, now to discover the Sonic/Tails paths with knuckles

For the easter egg season, add a treasure hunt radar, and more eggs to find, more than one by act
A Special Stage Select for the unlocable list, to play them without using the console

For Tails, should be More time in Fly, For Knuckles, More height in his jump, now to discover the Sonic/Tails paths with knuckles

The problem with that is that it would completely ruin the already questionable balance of the characters. Think about how much more powerful Tails and Knuckles are than Sonic for a minute: Tails can cross enormous gaps and skip entire sections of the level, Knuckles can gain unlimited height as long as there's a wall, and Sonic has a comparatively weak air dash that helps him much less than flight or climbing would in the difficult later levels and is completely unnecessary in the earlier levels because of how easy they are. Removing or diminishing Tails and Knuckles' only major weaknesses (limited flight and low jump, respectively) would completely eliminate any reason to play as Sonic, except in Race, but Mystic is trying to kill that gametype anyways, and adding that homing attack and lightdash you suggested wouldn't really help much. The same reasoning applies to giving Knuckles a drill attack, it just wouldn't be balanced.

Last edited:
The probelm with that is that it would completely the already questionable balance of the characters. Think about how much more powerful Tails and Knuckles are than Sonic for a minute: Tails can cross enormous gaps and skip entire sections of the level, Knuckles can gain unlimited height as long as there's a wall, and Sonic has a comparatively weak air dash that helps him much less than flight or climbing would in the difficult later levels and is completely unnecessary in the earlier levels because of how easy they are. Removing or diminishing Tails and Knuckles' only major weaknesses (limited flight and low jump, respectively) would completely eliminate any reason to play as Sonic, except in Race, but Mystic is trying to kill that gametype anyways, and adding that homing attack and lightdash you suggested wouldn't really help much. The same reasoning applies to giving Knuckles a drill attack, it just wouldn't be balanced.
oh pal... :/ well almost, the change in the blue chips animation would be done?

oh pal... :/ well almost, the change in the blue chips animation would be done?

Perhaps, although it's hard to know. Personally, I think SRB2's engine is more than capable of handling all of those fading afterimages at once, especially since it's just for a second or two (just look at how easily it does the hoops in Spring Hill Zone, and they're composed of just as many, if not more sprites), but if I'm wrong and there is a lag problem with the blue spheres, I'm sure the developers will do something about it.

Tails already has plenty of flight time handed to him as it is.

That, and Knuckles was intentionally made to have a lower height than Sonic and Tails, in case you didn't know this.

Super Forms

I think there should be a stage unlocked when all the Chaos Emeralds are collected and forced to fight in a super form. Now I know that sounds unfair to the characters that have no super form, but I figured that out too. The characters who have no super form can have a Super Shield, from Sonic Heroes. Wouldn't that please everyone?

Such a stage would most likely be enjoyable if it was designed well, yes, but it isn't really the developers' place to create one. Level designers and programmers of SRB2 have access to the Super Sonic Transform sector type, non-Sonic super forms with the use of A_CustomPower, Damage sector types that kill the player if they have zero rings and they're not invincible, both of which are true immediately after a super form runs out, and customizable missiles that can be made to drain rings away and/or knock super forms backwards, so there's no reason why you can't create such a stage yourself. If you're new to editing SRB2, you should probably check our Wiki for more information. To answer your question, though, I don't the developers will bother to add a Super Sonic stage or boss fight to the main game.

I already thought to this. I thought to something like "The Doomsday" from S&K. And it could be nice if this level appears after the credits, when ERZ3 is complete (if you have the emeralds, of course). And that we can't select it from the Level Select menu.
If you was also thinking to something like this, then I greatly approve your idea, it can add a old Sonic game reference. But you know, program the Secret Final Boss of a video game, especially if the secret level runs in Night Mode (to mimic the Doomsday of S&K), is really long and hard. I would love this idea, but it is really hard to build. I really don't think this will be featured.

Last edited:
I don't remember if TUDD called for one of these, but I would like to point out that this exact kind of stage has been brutally driven into the ground by the official games at this point. It's not special anymore.

There is indeed documentation for one in the TUDD, but to be honest we aren't likely to implement it any time soon, if ever. I did implement a very simplistic one for Mystic Realm, and that design has been emulated by a few other people over the years.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 1, Guests: 3)

Back