as i promise (SHOT)
here is a Ctf version of the great sea

Screenies
srb20023uk8.png
srb20024ke2.png

srb20025il8.png
srb20026uu9.png

Download Link

Map looks cool, but I still don't understand why people using software mode. OpenGL rocks!

*downloading*

This map is VERY unbalanced. First - team bases. Get red flag is harder than blue. Second - rings. Put more rings in this level. Third - textures crazyness.
No comment... This stage looks like match/tag level, not CTF. Remove team bases, put more rings and weapons, change textures and you'll get great match stage.

EDIT: THIS MUSIC SUCKS!
EDIT2: CHANGE IT!
EDIT3: PLEASE!

Well, Hetor is RIGHT. Or, put 2 bopats,... You need to put the same things on ctf red and ctf blue team base
EDIT: Well, for the music I don't know...

Hetor said:
This map is VERY unbalanced. First - team bases. Get red flag is harder than blue. Second - rings. Put more rings in this level. Third - textures crazyness.
No comment... This stage looks like match/tag level, not CTF. Remove team bases, put more rings and weapons, change textures and you'll get great match stage.

1st off its music from the part of the video game that this based off of, so if you don't like it, complain to Nintendo.
2nd this map being unbalanced? i take it that you have never heard of spring dashing, it makes it easier to get the red flag.
Code:
This is spring dashing
S = sonic ^ = spring G = Goal
                 ___G__
__S__^           |
You just spindash or thok into the spring and you fly pretty far.

3rd there are plenty of weapon rings you just have to look and go out of the way to get them (Like in some official srb2 levels) remember in srb2 its Risk = Reward.
That should answer some of you requests Hetor.

Edit: here is a trailer of the game this was based off of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AVNa8q8T8

The main problem is, you shouldnt have to lurk for rings. Rings in Sonic is as normal as sex. Without there would be no Sonic game(Or humanity for sex).

Hetor said:

This used to be a Match/Tag level. I don't know why a CTF version had to be made.

zeldagamer00 said:
Hetor said:

1st off its music from the part of the video game that this based off of, so if you don't like it, complain to Nintendo.
MAybe the music just doesn't fit in the level. Which would make it your fault for placing it.
2nd this map being unbalanced? i take it that you have never heard of spring dashing, it makes it easier to get the red flag.
Code:
This is spring dashing
                 ___G__
__S__^           |
Not everybody can or would think of doing that.
3rd there are plenty of weapon rings you just have to look and go out of the way to get them (Like in some official srb2 levels) remember in srb2 its Risk = Reward.
That should answer some of you requests Hetor.
I haven't played the level, so I won't say anything here.

zeldagamer00 said:
Code:
This is spring dashing
                 ___G__
__S__^           |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1AVNa8q8T8

Oh, don't knew it's called "spring dashing". Sure I know it! But I not using it very often. Let me tell you about my match/ctf strategy - SHOOT ANY THING WHICH MOVING! This strategy + mouse look + training on jte bots and players = http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srb20044dw8.png.

And when I see like someone doing that "spring dashing", I just press my fire button. So this "spring dashing" not so good.

Yeah, Hetor's right. When a player hits a spring, It flies so slow, and all you need to do is aim at that slow flying and shoot, and there goes springdashing...
I mean When a player flies HIGH, The speed for going high is too slow.
And this can't work on diagonal springs. On normal once, you ca just spindash a little longer, but flying high speed is too slow and too easy to shoot.

Speaking of stragedies, my favorite is moniter-thok ability. In SilverCasade Zone -Ctf map sonic needs to jump over pit and aim at the moniter and thok. And there he goes to another base so fast. In map81 When you hit a moniter and bounce off the water you go so high, so if you go in that map moniter-thok, sonic flies so fast. This is good when someone's getting away with your flag.
There are more like fastflytails. First hold spindash a little long, then let it go, and right then fly, so it means tails flies so fast. This is a good ability in race mode.
And the stradegy what KiddyTails uses is flying and shoot at other players. This is a good ability against sonic and knux. Sonic has to stand still to aim ti him, but tails moves and aims at the standing player and it's too easy.
Sorry for beeing offtopic, it just got out of me.

Sasa said:
Speaking of stragedies, my favorite is moniter-thok ability. In SilverCasade Zone -Ctf map sonic needs to jump over pit and aim at the moniter and thok. And there he goes to another base so fast. In map81 When you hit a moniter and bounce off the water you go so high, so if you go in that map moniter-thok, sonic flies so fast. This is good when someone's getting away with your flag.
There are more like fastflytails. First hold spindash a little long, then let it go, and right then fly, so it means tails flies so fast. This is a good ability in race mode.
And the stradegy what KiddyTails uses is flying and shoot at other players. This is a good ability against sonic and knux. Sonic has to stand still to aim ti him, but tails moves and aims at the standing player and it's too easy.
Sorry for beeing offtopic, it just got out of me.

Most people know how to shoot up and aim, I can aim down in software mode :P

Also, I can dodge the shots when going off a spring by strafing.

I know, but strafe isn't so strong, if you move left or right, you will be in the water, not on the red team base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back