SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably did not notice there was a new patch release. :/
A patch can be hardly considered new work. It's just a bugfix, and a surprisingly late one, actually. What I'm speaking of is the development of new material. I don't want to doubt that you ARE working on new material, but the work on the website obviously will get in the way.

To make the site more original, could you try having the navagation bar at the top maybe?
I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: Also, will members of the SQ team be able to post updates on the site?

If you know how to edit HTML, I can give you an FTP account so you can update modified versions of the front page.
OR, you can PM me either here or the SQmb with what you want to say and I'll post it on the Website Main page. In this format...

Dusk209 - Saturday, January 23rd, 2010
[insert what you want said here...]

I could go and rip off the design of some big site, they'd probably go through some legal mumbo jumbo to get me in ****,
I did not rip off a design from a big site. I ripped off a design from a Fan based game's website.

You never saw what happened to SRB3's site, did you...? That's the only one that's ripped it off other than you, as far as I'm aware.
@Bold: You are not aware of too much.

So not lazy you didn't bother to make your own bars before you put the site live? -_-
Yeah, my mistake.

It was sarcasm, the uptime is poor.
Pfffft.
http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/Images/Web-Test1.png
http://www.sonicquestsite.co.cc/Images/Web-Test2.png

k, end of discussion, on topic you bums.

kk.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

A patch can be hardly considered new work. It's just a bugfix, and a surprisingly late one, actually. What I'm speaking of is the development of new material. I don't want to doubt that you ARE working on new material, but the work on the website obviously will get in the way.

FWR1A0-3.png

I've been working on a lot of modified versions of Spherallic's flowers. Making all different sorts of colors and seeing which one fits best for the level being developed. Yes It's a recolor, but a rather good one in my opinion.

Drop it means drop it, though I would like to see this other rip-off sites, and linking to Mystic Realm does not apply because Mystic is part of STJr, you can certainly rip-off your own teams site. Just because others rip it off, doesn't mean it's right, it's just that you're the one that linked it on the message board for the site that you ripped off the design for. :<

Never said you ripped off a big site, I stated that if I ripped off a site, merely adding big to further reinforce my statement, I'd probably get in ****, so what makes you any special?

FYI, your site was down last night (free web hosts suck), I can't say I've seen the SRB2.org server go down at all lately, since I've been connected to it via PuTTY for quite a while now, and working backstage for most of today.

Now, like I said, drop it and get back on topic.

Drop it means drop it, though I would like to see this other rip-off sites, and linking to Mystic Realm does not apply because Mystic is part of STJr, you can certainly rip-off your own teams site.
That argument is actually even worse than you think it is. I MADE srb2.org's layout. I think I can steal my own layout, thanks.

That argument is actually even worse than you think it is. I MADE srb2.org's layout. I think I can steal my own layout, thanks.

Really? I thought AJ was the one with the fondness to Frontpage? =P

Hey now -- some of us here aren't as fluent as you are in an archaic language such as HTML, you know. ;)

The modified GFZ texture with the grass on the top doesn't seem to fit with what you've already made in EVZ. I suggest adding the grass top to a more fitting texture.

So XHTML is just a more stricter version of HTML? lawl.

Also, LOL w3schools! That's where I taught myself HTML from. :P

OK, I just played through this, and there's a few things I need to tell you.

1. Maybe I'm just terrible at your mod, but I can't figure out where to go in the first act at all. If you don't want to, you can just ignore this bit, but if you could, some kind of way to tell where you're going would be nice. It doesn't have to be a hold-forward speedfest, but some arrows or something would be a big help.

2. The enemies. I do not like your choice of enemies. The enemy you use the most is incredibly annoying, since it's so fast and you can't hit it from the side, which I use the most to kill enemies because jumping on them is kind of inaccurate. Please, just use Crawlas. Red Crawlas, even, if you have to.

3. You need to surround more of the level with walls, because the way things are now makes a lot of HOM effects and makes it harder to find where you need to go.

I can't even beat the 1st act as it is. Maybe I'm just that bad. But, PLEASE, try to fix this, and if you can't, give me a good reason why.

Did you really need to post a separate link instead of just copypastaing it into the post? Seems like you're just using it as an excuse to show the site.

Also, PLEASE tell me the new tunes are properly single-looping OGGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back