• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Secluded Sky *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidbit

An artist of sorts
Well after four weeks I've decided to work on this again. I have expanded the level alot, and added some other things. I've also made every thing less cramped. Also to my joy, this level no longer pure randomness! I have a plan for it now. Also I've decided to have this update end in a bland large tunnel deal with it. And for those who have trouble getting over some of those rock in the cave, turn around with you begin the stage and jump forward ;)

DL(NEW)

http://willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=94113

Last edited:
This is insanely cramped. It's far too small for you to have a proper speed in, and the sharp turns make accessing areas annoying.
The stair heights are too far apart, making climbing messy.

EXCEPT of the D00D64 kind, Im not accepting any of his thoughts on this.

My, arn't I popular? :3

Anyway, it looks nice so far, but it's too early to decide where this level is really gonna go. But I see you DO pay attention to detail, so I can predict it being pretty good. The only real issue is the crampedness, try opening things up. As for the tunes, it IS a placeholder tune, right? If you need help picking a tune, I can get some songs you may like.

Last edited:
Everyone including DooD64 is allowed to comment however they feel like it. I dunno why you even brought him up. Don't do that again.

well im glad you didn't blast it. And the cramping is always a problem for me. And the music is only a place holder yes.
And where ever this level goes it goes, but im glad you guys sorta like it.

I feel impressed. Visual effects and ambience are gorgeous. But I think rooms were structured randomly (why this room is here and not there?). Corridors need to be enlarged as well (50-100%).

Obviously this map is in development stage.

Last edited:
Thank you, i feel very honored with a comment like that from you. If you want, you can edit the wad file and then send it to me, to show me what you mean. I want this level to be the best i can make it. And im glad every one likes the lighting.

Last edited:
I was the same as you at first; I had very innovational designs, yet my spaces were always far too cramped.

The way I changed that is by not making everything a square corridor; rather, I used many linedefs and connected them to make a curved area. It ended up both spacey and it reflected the way the level was supposed to be.

If you need any help, I'm your fellow just-learning-how-to person to come to. :P

All in all, you have a great idea going on. I can't give a proper review until I see the final release, so hold your breath. ;)

Unless your trying to make this level have a creepy theme, I suggest you use tunes 142 instead. As for design itself, I have to say that those carpeted stairs were annoying to climb when they are so close to the wall like that. The area after that is also flow-breaking.

Ah, I like this level. Yeah, it's a bit cramped, although I didn't notice it too much because I was Knuckles. I think that the level should also include an end sector, even if it's unfinished, the cave where it currently stops is a good place to put it. The level select screen says Secluded Night Zone and tunes 89 would also be fitting here too, and besides, I've heard the AGZ theme a little too much of everywhere.

I played it and I got a good feeling from it; it's coming along pretty well. I feel that you could make this into something nice if you work at it. I'll hold my overall opinion until a final release, of course.

I like how this level is going, it's expanding nicely and the level becoming very good. The deathpits don't work, leaving Sonic stranded. Two little texture problems though:

wbe2s1.png

The pillars don't have textures and the GFZROCK shouldn't be here.

Well, I like it so far. Is the player supposed to be able to go through that metal fence into the fireplace? Because I could do that.

yeah, that happens since i dont really know how to make it a solid wall that you can still jump over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back