• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Toaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

toaster

トースタちゃん
Kart Krew™️
Hai guys. This is a character. Not a fancharacter. He's just my character SRB2 stylized. Haven't got many sprites of him yet. I'm using a Sonic base. He isn't compiled into a WAD yet, but he's there. I was hoping to have a beta out when I made the topic but I have TWO questions!

1: ANSWERED!

2: How do you give a special spindash ability? Like, he rises slowly while you hold down Spindash and Pushable objects are pulled towards you, then when you let go the pushable objects are thrown at enemies or something. PARTLY ANSWERED, CREDIT TO JELLYBONES!

3: How do you get him to do a double jump dash forward using a special ability? (Like, a thok combined with double jump) PARTIALLY ANSWERED BY MYSELF!

4: ANSWERED BY MYSELF!

toastersrb2.png

I will answer any questions. And yes, I am working on a level too, although it's not Toaster related...

~Toaster

I think the full-body picture would be better for the character select menu, if only because it fits in with all the other character select pictures. As far as a custom spindash, I'd suggest soccing. Good luck with that, though!

Also, that looks heavily influenced by the Megaman style.

Thanks, Fawfulfan! ;)

I was thinking that too, but I wasn't sure, hence the av.
I have an idea, but I don't know how to execute without the Blue Crawla becoming useless and therefore breaking GFZ.
Thanks too!
I'm not familiar with the Megaman series, except for the fact that he fights an inventor and his real name is Rock. And that he fights Base or something. That's just ToastyStyle you see there.

Also, I have one more question guys! Scroll up to see!

~Toaster

aaAaAaaahHH!!!1 mY eYEs arE MeelTiNG!1

*ahem*

So, Chaos Knux, what do you think of the character?

~Toaster

Looks like his name should be TOASTMAN (dada nanana dada nanana dada nana dadanananana!!!)

I'll Begin said:
What's his weakness, then? :P
Pesky plumbers.

On another note, Toasterman should have terrible stats all round but balance it out with a projectile toast attack.

He is Toaster! Toasterman sucks.

And his accel is terrible. 30. 50 TO 54 FRIGGING ACCEL.
He can't even thok right, but he has a special ability that is awesome like that.

His weakness is spiky things. That's how it works.

~Toaster

This actually looks like a promising character wad. Although it would be more cooler if Toaster was red & black, although the colour is your choice, but yeah I do like it, althoguh the red eyes could tone down just a tad darker.

Thanks very much! :)
Toaster's green because it's out of the ordinary. How many video game characters do you see that are robots AND green?
Also, the eyes would be fullbright all the time, but I just can't SOC that. ;.;

~Toaster

A-star said:
Why the heck does he have a smiley face on the back of his head?

That's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw it.

Anyway what's the back story on this thing? Did some mad scientist named Toasty Melonchops decide to make a robot with a toaster as it's head or something?

Toaster said:
Thanks very much! :)
Toaster's green because it's out of the ordinary. How many video game characters do you see that are robots AND green?
Also, the eyes would be fullbright all the time, but I just can't SOC that. ;.;

~Toaster
You could by making them capechase him but invisible from angles where you can't see his eyes, but it'd break other characters.

~Toaster

Are you kidding? This is a return of.... the joke wads. This has to be. No doubt about it!

Looks good. It really does. Someone finally has the decency to give an original (and non recolored) wad. Good on ya' mate!

><;

Here's his backstory:

He was made by Proffessor Noah Taul for a Science presentation at the Sir Luches Foundation for the Very Enlightened along with a Vaccum (cleaner), a Hairdryer, and 17 other object-based robots. Apparently he had ran out of parts and decided to base them off Household objects. However, in the Torum (A large building used as a lab at the foot of a mountain where he did his research) Vaccum cleaner malfunctioned because his TryTech(c) SparkCore missaligned and he locked the other robots up in the laborotry, killing Prof. Taul in the process. Then he realised he could not get out again and went insane.

Cue a hundred years

A robotic arm activated after a rat pushed a button. The R-M unit made a cup of tea, some toast and delivered it to a table before realising everything was a mess. He found the skeleton of Prof. Taul, and went bezerk, destroying the container that had hindered the Toaster unit...

I TRIED to be original...

~Toaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back