• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flare.wad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeck Jims

Oh, THAT guy...
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
I just now decied to try and make my own wad, kinda. Im going to use the wad made by Chrispy:SonicCE. So alot of the credit gose to him. If this is considerd just a "Recolor" then I will not post the wad when finished. I do have one problem, when I try to rename the skin to Flare I get a green sonic insted of the wad. So if you think I shouldn't post, can fix my problem, or just like my wad then post a reply.

Here he is, FLARE THE HEDGEHOG!
I didnt get the orange color I wanted but its good.
The blue is the color that changes.
online.jpg

srb20039.png

So... what you're saying here is that you recolored Chrispy's SonicCE character to make your character? Or are you saying that you used his character as a base? You need to be more clear otherwise this will be treated as a recolor.

I thought I'd leave that up to you guys....I mean look at the pictures. Yes I recolord SonicCE but I also change alot of things.(amount of quills,shoes,the 3 hairs). Such as when making silver or shadow. The both LOOK like the origanal sonic (srb2) but...their not considerd recolors. Basicly what I wish to know is YOUR opinion if its a recolor or not. Then based on the replies I will etheir post when its done or not.

12. Do not post recolors, sprite rips, music replacements, or timer socs.

• Recolors, or edited versions of the official character sprites, are extremely disliked. Making fan characters or bad edits of official characters is almost always bad, and shows a great lack of creativity. Don't make them, and if you do, don't post them.
  • Sprite rips, where you simply take a sprite from another game, which generally doesn't look anything like the art in SRB2, and put it into an SRB2 character. While it's possible to make a good sprite rip into a character, it almost always looks awful. Don't do this unless you know exactly what you're doing.
  • Music WADs, or WAD files containing music lumps to change the soundtrack for SRB2, just aren't interesting. They're also potential copyright violations, so they are banned from the forums entirely. If you post one, it will simply be deleted.
  • Timer SOCs, or SOC files that only edit the time periods for certain things, like Invincibility or drowning, are pointless, and anyone can make them.

These types of WADs are frowned upon, and frequently will lead to your link removed and topic locked or sent to the trash. Even if that doesn't happen, you will get a negative reaction, because nobody really likes to play them.
"Recolor" is a bit of a misnomer. Read the description in the rules. This is clearly fitting under rule 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back