• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Slinger Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ex Necross

Hello. I'm new around, and so then, this is my first post.

I've been toying with the lumps for creating characters, I've seen it's possible to give the character a melee attack instead of spin, as well as item slinging.

As I've read on the wiki tutorial, any "Things" can be used as projectile... the problem is that the character doesn't shoot anything at all, but still loses the ring.

I've tried setting a spring as slinged item, as well as the Mario Fireball which code shows on the wiki tutorial. None worked.

So then, my questions are:
1.How could be done this special charcter configuration?
2.Is it required an specific sprite frame/s in order for slinging work?

Note: We're talking about a slinger character outside the match modes.

Here is what I had around for S_SKIN configuration(Name and gfx file configurations taken out the quote):
Code:
ability = 5
normalspeed = 36
thrustfactor = 7
accelstart = 128
acceleration = 50
spin = 0
startcolor = 185
prefcolor = 0
jumpheight = 120
boxindex = 0
highres = 0
runspeed = 40
runonwater = 1
allowsuper = 1
superspin = 0
supercolor = 13
nojumpspin = 0
superanims = 0
multiability = 1 
lightdash = 0  
homing = 1 
ringslinger = 1 
slingitem = 79 
spinitem = 0
thokitem = 0
actionspd = 40
waterskip = 0
mindash = 0
maxdash = 0

Not that I am rude, but this character is too overpowered (too much power). Your character should be balanced (good and bad things).
Also, Super Sonic Float ability is overpowered, as well as shooting things.

Brown the dog said:
Not that I am rude, but this character is too overpowered (too much power). Your character should be balanced (good and bad things).
Also, Super Sonic Float ability is overpowered, as well as shooting things.
Not for somebody who needs to keep using knuckles' glide in order to not die.
*points to herself* It's not a character intended for match modes, currently, because then, yes, IT'S overpowered.
The point is, doesn't spin either shoots a thing...

Even though it doesn't have spin, it's still overpowered. Why? It's too fast, jumps high and has a super form. Enough said...

Brown the dog said:
Even though it doesn't have spin, it's still overpowered. Why? It's too fast, jumps high and has a super form. Enough said...

I thought I took off all the super bonuses (yet not the transformation itself).

Again, It's supossed to be an itemslinger when doesn't shoot anything at all (and doesn't spin, airspin, superspin, or the like), when doesn't.

And again, yes. I've heard it's overpowered.

-> And replying again saying it's overpowered doesn't really help with the slinging problem. Power can be easily changed /after/ that.

Slingitem is currently set to 79 in that S_SKIN. Thing number 79 is the GOT FLAG indicator, a hardcoded thing that will not spawn properly. Not that I can see any practicality in shooting the words "GOT FLAG" at enemies anyway.

But yeah, maybe try setting it to an actual projectile? 152 is the Mario fireball, try again to make sure it doesn't work.

Draykon said:
Slingitem is currently set to 79 in that S_SKIN. Thing number 79 is the GOT FLAG indicator, a hardcoded thing that will not spawn properly. Not that I can see any practicality in shooting the words "GOT FLAG" at enemies anyway.

But yeah, maybe try setting it to an actual projectile? 152 is the Mario fireball, try again to make sure it doesn't work.

Now it seems to do. I had to double-check because SLumpEd saves the files in a weird manner.

Sorry for bothering for such little thing. I'll have to pick up myself a better list.

NEED HELP

im very confused sorta with wiki how do i add a lump so it doesnt have the white back ground or make it a black square so i make it light blue or somthing?? its kinda hard figuring this out by myself can you help me plz any one D=

Zoey, please don't put a animated pic up. It makes PSPs lag like heck. Anyway to get a white or black border to go away, just make the background purple.

ah ok well doesnt matter i was looking at work from some one else useing the same program aka paint i just gotta turn it blue instead of purple cuz the purple didnt work but i got it now thx a heap for the help oh and heppy easter aswell :D

though im this part i no how to add more lunps and stuff but what do i call each lump is there somthing in wiki about maybe or does any one know here??????? also once i have added all the lumps whats next to do? this is my 1st chracter so i dont really wanna mess it up D=

Brown the dog said:
If you set it over 100 it just rounds down to that.

Yes, I should work on my spelling and typing I do it all the time with out noticing. I hope I typed this better, I should take typing lessons again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back