Shadow the hedgehog WAD Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you'll manage. Mama always said: "The world doesn't throw you anything you can't handle" *Shot by Forrest Gump*

EDIT: Wait! Not Forrest Gump. Who is the actor for him?

Okay, quick thought on the bored poses, they just don't look....well, like how Shadow would look, I just really don't see him looking like that, but, otherwise, I like it all

Dr.Pepper said:
Hyper Shadonic thing said:
YOU AND NITRO ROCK.

This Shadow is better than ANY OTHER SHADOW.

Do you think you could make a new Sonic?

With that I would just go crazy and play Srb2 24/7.
Fix'd, Glad you like Shadow. :)
Sorry, but I will never make a new Sonic, even if I was paid by the hour to do it.
I did make these standing frames, but decided a new Sonic WAD wasn't needed, SRB2's Sonic is just fine. It did spark a bit of debate in the Shadow WIP topic anyway. Anyone else can pick it up if they want to take the heat for finishing it...
SONIA1.png
SONIA2A8.png
SONIA3A7.png
SONIA4A61.png
SONIA5.png

Even if I did make one, I can guarantee you not one judge would let it get out of Submissions. :P
Angelus_the_echidna said:
Now I'm not too sure what he's doing. He's either starting on a match level, or he's helping nitro make sally, or... (Dang, Dr.P. You're doing a lotof work here now that I think of it.)
Yeah, I'm trying not to buckle under all of that work. oH n03z! i's lik LD nao!!1!1! :P *kill'd dead*

Now....to the Sonic sprites, follow this form of sprites and, well, far better than the ordinary ones, leaving me rather speechless as all I see now is recolor after recolor, and well, this is sorta one, or not, dunno how to class it, but all the same, excellent

I think I'll fix up Super Shadow soon, like fix his quills moving, and add purple jet flames to the silver colored Shadow, if no one minds another download. :P *killed*

Dr.Pepper said:
Even if I did make one, I can guarantee you not one judge would let it get out of Submissions. :P

It hardly matters if you character is redundant or not. As long as you clearly put effort into the wad (and it abides to the rules), then your wad is sure to go in. The judging thing isn't to eliminate any wad that isn't good, it's just to keep out the crap that people put no effort in.

Wait! Not Forrest Gump. Who is the actor for him?
You're thinking of Tom Hanks?
Hyper Shadic X said:
I think I'll fix up Super Shadow soon, like fix his quills moving, and add purple jet flames to the silver colored Shadow, if no one minds another download. :P *killed*
You could include a ideya drone replacement in the touch'd up WAD, that way it would be a completely optional download and add something to it Shadow fans would like too.
Blue Warrior said:
It hardly matters if you character is redundant or not. As long as you clearly put effort into the wad (and it abides to the rules), then your wad is sure to go in. The judging thing isn't to eliminate any wad that isn't good, it's just to keep out the crap that people put no effort in.
I'm well aware of that, but too many people would still complain about it being another stupid recolor, and others will demand in l33t speak it not be canceled if I started a WIP topic, pretty much. I've got SRBG, Rider characters and maps keeping me busy anyway, I think that's quite enough for anybody's plate. :P
Besides, nitro's NSonic already has this Sonic beat, and it wasn't edited from SRB2 sprites. Why waste valuable time making this Sonic anyway?

Dr.Pepper said:
Wait! Not Forrest Gump. Who is the actor for him?
You're thinking of Tom Hanks?
Yes, thank you Dr.P. It's been a long time since I've seen that movie, and I tend to forget stuff that I haven't seen in a while.
I'm well aware of that, but too many people would still complain about it being another stupid recolor, and others will demand in l33t speak it not be canceled if I started a WIP topic, pretty much. I've got SRBG, Rider characters and maps keeping me busy anyway, I think that's quite enough for anybody's plate. :P
Cripes, man. You're going to run yourself ragged again. I know there's no trouble in multi-tasking, but having an attention-defecit mind, I can honestly say it's much easier doing one task at a time. (And that's half my problem with working on Tikal. My attention is diverted everytime I hear one {insert four letter word here} sound!)

Drawing sprites wasn't what wore me out last time, it was Shadow, he's way harder to draw than Blaze! D:
Since editing characters into rider outfits and boards is a heck of a lot easier than actually making the characters, I can easily spend time on both sprites and SRBG. (I should have a decent alpha soon :D) I'm also taking it slow and easy on learning how to map too.

What exactly was hard about Shadow? just wondering, considering he's like sonic more than anything. o.o

How about the skating? It's easy animating jogging, even running. But actually skating? That's big case of perception, especially at multiple vantage points.

Hyper Shadic X said:
What exactly was hard about Shadow?
I've never drawn him once in my life, not even on paper, for one thing, O_O which explains why the first sprite I drew had "Goku" eyebrows. :P
Then there was his spines and shoes, I've spent more time on just those than any other part of the sprites.
Skating was what really made it that much harder. The whole WAD could have been done in less than 3 three weeks if I had any clue how to go about drawing that animation right the first time, I am not kidding. I can't thank nitro enough for helping me with it, otherwise he'd run just as badly as Donykku's Shadow.

Pretty Similar

I think that Dr Pepper's Shadow looks pretty similar to normal shadow, just that the shoes have been changed and now he isn't green any more so you can change colours, but his actual colour, but you still CAN change colours anyway...

Urmm... When Shadow is super, the black bit of his shoes change colour to silver/white. Why? They're actually a dark grey, not black, and it's in the range of colours that change colour. I suggest you make them black, not dark grey, so this doesn't happen.

And Shadow's superform for the NET version looks awful. Yellow and peach don't mix very well, even when used like that. And why does he have to have white as his supercolour for this version? It doesn't make his jump fit with the superframes.

That's why by 1.1 that'll hopefully be fixed cause of super having seperate frames. Also the peach and yellow look fine. You just need the eyes for the colors.

I agree...

I agree that Shadow RE's super form in NET looks really bad! And a warning to everyone: DON'T USE THE (INSERTCHARACTERNAMEHERE)RENET WADS, Because they are all joke wads. eg. Shadow RE Net's has Uber Shadic, and Amy Re Net's has Amy with ghosts when she is waiting!

Well, Yeah! If you've been paying attention at all, Dr.Pepper did this for 2 reasons.

1. Because those are jokes that we've made that he's taken and ran with.
2. Because the NET versions are also for when you need to use a character without the custom spin trail. Believe it or not, sometimes it's actually better to have the "joke" version than the real one.

EDIT: If you'd pay attention, you'd also notice she's eating a sandwich.

What's that level??

Dr. Pepper, where can I get the level that looks like there is a road, like in the screenshot of ShadowRE??

Re: What's that level??

srb21103 said:
Dr. Pepper, where can I get the level that looks like there is a road, like in the screenshot of ShadowRE??

Well considering how you just Complained about the RENET wads in a very childish way unless Dr. P is 100% tolorant to that i really doubt he'll tell what the level is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back