Suggestions

Maybe 4 way ctf. Teams woud be sonic, tails, knux and eggman. Colors being red blue grey and orange. This is just me but more colors to play as. Maybe brown, black, dark blue, dark red, yellow-green, red-orange. Also maybe a way to add a wad, play a netgame and then share wads lik that. Then the host can ban the level or character. Then a way for the player to grind like in sa2b. In Sonic games there are loop de loops. Maybe have that in SRB2. Last is a srb2 lump editor that makes characters easier to make like in games like sims or games like that. It like still needs sprites to be made but it does the rest. Maybe where you draw a sprite with legs animate it somehow so it saves time. Somethings may not happen I know but some could right???

Last edited:
Update the official SRB2 servers to 2.0.4 already. Hell, I think more people play the barebones 2.0 more than 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 by this point.

Add an optional method to prevent camping in Tag games for Hide & Seek esque tactics. Could be anything from revealing the position of the camper to forcibly tagging players who stand still too long. Make the IT marker change in colour when the seeker is out of rings. Add an option to allow players to keep their rings (and shield if possible, but not as important) when tagged, instead of losing everything when they get hit.

If a seeker fails to find all players in a Hide and Seek game, add a brief delay before ending the match and moving to the postgame score screen, wherein the seeker can F12 the remaining players and see where they were hiding. Make hiding players die in a single hit when tagged regardless of ring count and/or shields to prevent "furry shield" tactics, where an invincible tagged player could absorb all incoming shots and prevent a second player in the same spot from being tagged unless hit with an explosive weapon. Alternatively, remove post-tag invulnerability altogether.

(Done but in a different fashion. All players are forced to be solid in Hide and Seek, preventing this issue. I'd rather not kill hiding players, just leave them where they lie. -Jazz)

If it all possible, make race mode strictly client-based only. Allow all players to run off their own comps instead of being dragged down by sever lag. The players barely interact with each other as-is so I see no reason why racers should be burdened the same way as if they're supposed to.

Make the sprites (and the sprites ONLY) of the standard red-ring projectile specific to the character that throws them. This would allow for more customization of wadded characters, such as allowing the playable Eggman to retain his classic GFZ laser shot in multiplayer, without any cost to character balance whatsoever. Maybe even make custom shot sprites colour-coded (using standard colour-changeable green as a base) to allow the same sprite to cover different weapon ring types when customized?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh...

First off, this is the discussion topic.
Maybe 4 way ctf.
Suggested numerous times already.
Teams woud be sonic, tails, knux and eggman.
Also suggested numerous times already.
Colors being red blue grey and orange.
I hope that's not respective. :/
This is just me but more colors to play as.
Impossible without replacing the current colors, iirc.
Maybe brown, black, dark blue, dark red, yellow-green, red-orange.
All of these colors are bad ideas for their own reasons, anyways.
Also maybe a way to add a wad, play a netgame and then share wads lik that.
If you mean the client adding a WAD and then joining a netgame and forcing it to be added, no.
Then the host can ban the level or character.
>_>
Then a way for the player to grind like in sa2b.
Already possible, though it sucks anyways.
In Sonic games there are loop de loops. Maybe have that in SRB2.
Not happening.
Last is a srb2 lump editor that makes characters easier to make like in games like sims or games like that. It like still needs sprites to be made but it does the rest. Maybe where you draw a sprite with legs animate it somehow so it saves time.
RECOLOR TOWN COMING UP ON YOUR RIGHT
EDIT: Never mind, I misunderstood this. Your idea is generally impossible.
Somethings may not happen I know but some could right???
nope

Of course, to prevent hacking, the client would send a demo to the server.

Then again, people would just make a perfect demo with a TAS, and then hack SRB2 to always send that demo.
Good point, but considering the client-based hacks that already exist, I don't see how much more harm getting rid of the lag could cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLJudrzMp10

Making more than one starting position per map would help a lot though, to make the kinds of TAS inputs you refer to inaccurate, useless and downright suicidal unless the player spawns in exactly the right spot.

Making more than one starting position per map would help a lot though, to make the kinds of TAS inputs you refer to inaccurate, useless and downright suicidal unless the player spawns in exactly the right spot.
You'd have multiple demos, then. All that would do is make it less fair.

Last edited:
Lacking any sort of technical aptitude, I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions concerning the script/code of SRB2, but I do have some personal suggestions...

A tribute to Christmas Hunt Zone or the past Christmas versions would be awesome. I'm thinking there could be some sort of small, secret emerald hunt in Blue Mountain Zone, found by going through a secret path ala the Disco Room in ERZ2.

As far as Blue Mountain Zone is concerned, I hope it has a mixture of ice and fiery hazards, as the current map may suggest. There aren't too many fire/ice levels in platformers, and the two would make a challenging map indeed.

A new SBR2 Launcher would be nice, though I imagine someone's probably working on it now.

Dat's it fo' now.

Just out of curiosity, what levels are yet to be developed, if that's not privy information?

That's exactly what I want. And thank you Matt, Now I can get the right Intpics on the right levels in SRB2TP.

As far as Blue Mountain Zone is concerned, I hope it has a mixture of ice and fiery hazards, as the current map may suggest. There aren't too many fire/ice levels in platformers, and the two would make a challenging map indeed.

Hailfire Peaks
Freezeflame Galaxy
A few community levels for SRB2
Some level in a Crash Racing game

FIRE + ICE IS NO LONGER A UNIQUE CONCEPT

Last edited:
1. Separate Super sprites from ability sprites
2. More abilities for custom characters
3. Unlockable character(s) (Maybe Metal Sonic, or Ray and Mighty)
4. Skidding
5. More ambience
6. This may not make sense, but give the levels a more eerie/dreamy/devavuie feel.
7. I'm not sure if this is possible, but make the pallete infinite?
8. A level for Sonic if you get all the emeralds (Like doomsday zone)
9. Generally make character wad designing more flexible
10. Some more secrets (Kinda like RedXVI)

P.S. If there is something here that is not possible/ will not be done,
Intead of deleting the post, please remove the impossbile suggestion
from the post?

If it's possible, we should add a variable that you can set as the maximum ping allowed in the game. If a player's ping goes above that amount for more than 5-10 seconds, they're automatically kicked from the game.

This would be a great way for dedicated servers to handle laggers if the admin isn't around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give Crawla Commanders/Jetty-syns a buff. They're meant to be the elite of the elite, if you will, but they generally suck. Perhaps you could boost the standard Jetty-syn stats to what they currently are in Ultimate Mode. Not sure what to do about the Crawla Commander.

Give Crawla Commanders/Jetty-syns a buff. They're meant to be the elite of the elite, if you will, but they generally suck. Perhaps you could boost the standard Jetty-syn stats to what they currently are in Ultimate Mode. Not sure what to do about the Crawla Commander.

Jetty-syns are the SRB2 equivalent of Goddamned Bats - they're already placed in some of the most precarious and inconvenient locations (particularly in ERZ2), which is where the majority of their difficulty comes from. Making them tougher than they already are is liable to break the level design.

Crawla Commanders are already minibosses as they are, not to mention they frequently come in pairs anyway. We shouldn't have to be wasting more time on them than is necessary, when we have a level to be finishing.

Make a way around the lazers in ERZ2 after somebody triggers them. It gets real annoying when we finally make it to ERZ2 with all emeralds and then somebody walks over the black floor, triggers the lazers, and then dies, making us all stuck at the beginning.

Red versions of some of the DSZ Textures. Mainly the block and tile type.

When I opened up Mystic realm and saw the wrong pallet versions of these textures colored red, I thought they'd be perfect for Volcano/Lava type levels

Last edited:
Linedef Executor Trigger - Time

Triggers a Linedef Executor after the timer reaches a certain point. Time (in tics) = Floorheight + Ceilingheight of the control sector.

For example, if you wanted a Linedef Executor to trigger 1:00 into the level, you'd use Linedef Executor Trigger - Time, and set the floor and ceiling height to add up to 2100.

Linedef Executor Trigger - Time

Triggers a Linedef Executor after the timer reaches a certain point. Time (in tics) = Floorheight + Ceilingheight of the control sector.

For example, if you wanted a Linedef Executor to trigger 1:00 into the level, you'd use Linedef Executor Trigger - Time, and set the floor and ceiling height to add up to 2100.
You can have a Delayed Linedef Executor at the beginning of the level.

Or if you want to do it the lazy baby's way, a Gargoyle Box.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back