Is SEGA going to cancel Sonic the Hedgehog?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Warrior said:
To say Sonic '06 is the only bad game is an extreme matter of opinion. Others may argue that Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity also weren't so hot either.
Yes, you're right there, but even in the darkest days of Sonic's career, he's never truly failed at everything. I mean, Shadow the Hedgehog was actually pretty decent and the same could be said for Zero Gravity (better than the first Riders if you ask me.) All that was lacking was the fun, and the controls were kinda' loose(but still playable.)

Thankfully, the fun was restored in Unleashed (or at least for me, it did) and now I can say that Sonic is rising up again. I mean, after his low point, he had to go up, right?

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
Well when Sonic dies Sega dies, and Mario will be flushed down the toilet by the ripple effect, Why? Because When Sonic dies all the N00bs will go hoarding over to Mario and eventually kill him, like N00bs do to AMOST EVERYTHING, And Sega will die because of how deeply Sonic is rooted to that company.
That... made no since...

Why would he die if idiots played his game? (Which I'm sure that some already do.)

Anyway this is a topic about Sonic. Quite simply, he won't die cause he makes the money.

I just hope the games start getting better. I've enjoyed all Sonic games, but I just want to see the day where a new Sonic game gets an 8 out of 10 or higher.

Clay said:
Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
Well when Sonic dies Sega dies, and Mario will be flushed down the toilet by the ripple effect, Why? Because When Sonic dies all the N00bs will go hoarding over to Mario and eventually kill him, like N00bs do to AMOST EVERYTHING, And Sega will die because of how deeply Sonic is rooted to that company.
That... made no since...

Why would he die if idiots played his game? (Which I'm sure that some already do.)

Anyway this is a topic about Sonic. Quite simply, he won't die cause he makes the money.

I just hope the games start getting better. I've enjoyed all Sonic games, but I just want to see the day where a new Sonic game gets an 8 out of 10 or higher.
Sonic Chronicles got an 8.5/10 on Game Informer.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Clay said:
Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
That... made no since...

Sonic Chronicles got an 8.5/10 on Game Informer.

That wasn't made by Sonic Team though.

Im not beleiving that SEGA is going to cancel Sonic. But, even if they don't, there still going to go out of business. Unlike SEGA, Nitendeo will be staying a while sence theylnow how to make good Mario games. If you look at sonic's record, you'll see that after -Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- was out, they lost all ideas. There doing the same things in every Sonic Game; Eggman tries to build Eggmanland, Sonic stops him. Nothing new going on, so Im expecting SEGA to crash in about 2 years.

SuperSonicStar* said:
Im not beleiving that SEGA is going to cancel Sonic. But, even if they don't, there still going to go out of business. Unlike SEGA, Nitendeo will be staying a while sence theylnow how to make good Mario games. If you look at sonic's record, you'll see that after -Sonic Adventure 2 Battle- was out, they lost all ideas. There doing the same things in every Sonic Game; Eggman tries to build Eggmanland, Sonic stops him. Nothing new going on, so Im expecting SEGA to crash in about 2 years.

Um...though true, it's the same with mario games.

Something new, but different style. Lets not forget the sport games from them bring some but little entertainment. And super mario galaxy is the same thing with the princess saving, but with a different meme: " Sorry but the princess is in another GALAXY!"

TrueTenguMan said:
SuperSonicStar* said:

Something new, but different style. Lets not forget the sport games from them bring some but little entertainment. And super mario galaxy is the same thing with the princess saving, but with a different meme: " Sorry but the princess is in another GALAXY!"
So true.

Wait.... What? Sonic doesn't rehash the same old storyline.... Mario's the-do-the-same-thing-all-the-time guy. What are you talking about, SSS?

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TrueTenguMan said:
SuperSonicStar* said:

So true.

Wait.... What? Sonic doesn't rehash the same old storyline.... Mario's the-do-the-same-thing-all-the-time guy. What are you talking about, SSS?

Few other games repeat the same defeat eggman storyline, or defeat the bizzaro eggman (nega) which was the same thing really.

But in truth, sega has been MORE original whith trying different styles of gameplay that wasn't sport related and turned out to be decent to say the least.

So it's really nintendo failing with their mascot; sega is getting their mascot back on track (and being successful with it as well).

TrueTenguMan said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TrueTenguMan said:
SuperSonicStar* said:

So true.

Few other games repeat the same defeat eggman storyline, or defeat the bizzaro eggman (nega) which was the same thing really.

But in truth, sega has been MORE original whith trying different styles of gameplay that wasn't sport related and turned out to be decent to say the least.

So it's really nintendo failing with their mascot; sega is getting their mascot back on track (and being successful with it as well).
Wow.... Finally, someone realizes that besides the platformers, that Mario is one of the biggest losers of all time. Wow....
And this is why I play Sonic more often than Mario.

Now now, don't BLAM mario for sticking with the same stuff. Reguardless from cliche plots, the gameplay still sicks with the same old fun. Which is why he's still hanging on the clift while sonic is trying to climb back up from the conviently placed tree branch.

Considering Super Mario Galaxy received far greater reception than Sonic '06, I don't think you should be comparing Mario to Sonic.

You can say what you want about Mario's originality. Strikers, Mario Kart, and Power Tennis are all sports games and nothing new, but they're usually well-executed; I haven't played a lot of recent Sonic games, but from what I've heard, you don't want to touch Sonic '06 or Zero Gravity. I agree that Sonic's hanging in there and finally getting back to speed, but even if Mario was falling, he can afford to much more than Sonic can.

Eh, i'll still play sonic 06 when I see it somewhere in a store packing dust.

Most games have enjoyment tha most don't witness clearly.

Though you prove an excelent point on your side.

Some people hate Sonic 06' for being a bad game, but they don't know why. I the reason 06' sucked so bad is, that they never actually finished it. The wanted it to release before Christmas so they got what they had and put it on a disc and released it.

For example, the second Soleanna or w/e it's called city place. It has roads right? Roads = Cars. But, there were no cars in the city. There are cars in only 1 mission only for Shadow, where you have to ride in a Hummer and race other cars. Obviously the cars were meant to be placed in the road in the city, like Sonic Adventure.

Why couldn't SEGA release a update patch for their games? Did someone work with SEGA died and they all sucked because that one person is gone?
C'mon they had add-on packs for the game for an "extra-hard" mode or something. Couldn't they have made a update patch if the game can have add-ons? SEGA KNEW they messed up. But at least they are listening to us. SEGA has lots of guilt and regret right now...

AshuraXDemon said:
C'mon they had add-on packs for the game for an "extra-hard" mode or something. Couldn't they have made a update patch if the game can have add-ons? SEGA KNEW they messed up. But at least they are listening to us. SEGA has lots of guilt and regret right now...
Yes and due to this, a wave of "Please forgive us" is coming straight from SEGA on the upcoming Sonic games these following years. If Sonic Unleashed told me anything, our blue boy is getting ready for better games, and moving forward in his life.

My god people SEGA HAS NOTHING DO DO WITH SONIC they only present him sonic team makes his games so if they cancel sonic then there doomed because every other company they used to own is their own company.

Haven’t you noticed that sega is only presenting sonic not anything else like an ecco the dolphin sequel or golden axe sequel ecco and golden axe are not afficiated with sonic team its problably a company that works for themselves or just got another job.

Another example if nintendo canceled mario they always have the legend of zelda or kirby, but unlike sega they rarely have anything other than a sonic game like nights or samba but I doubt they can replace sonic.

It really doesn’t matter anymore cause sonic unleashed is good, sure the night stages make you want to go to sleep but the day stages are nice.

Unknown Master said:
my god people SEGA HAS NOTHING DO DO WITH SONIC they only present him sonic team makes his games so if they cancel sonic then there doomed because every other company they used to own is their own company now havent you noticed that sega is only presenting sonic not anything else like an ecco the dolphin sequel or golden axe sequel ecco and golden axe are not afficiated with sonic team its problably a company that works for themselves or just got another job i mean honestly people for another example if nintendo canceled mario they always have the legend of zelda or kirby but unlike sega they rarely have anything other than a sonic game like nights or samba de aigo but i doubt they can replace sonic it dosent really matter anymore cause sonic unleashed is good sure the night stages make you want to go to sleep but the day stages are nice.

Yea most of us do know that sonic team are the creators of the sonic francises & the one's messing up. It's a common mistake to say sega is to blame cause thats where our blue hedgehog came from. But they are remaking House of the dead and other old sega games in a pack. They are making another Golden Axe, and a few others too (maybe ecco, but I think it's just safe the way it is now, unless you want another NIGHTS slip up, remember?)

They won't get rid of their mascot, sega & sonic team are getting off their lazy bums, and I hope black knight brings in at least a decent 7/10 from the people who didn't give it a proper rating, though did speak in truth...but more complaints than a review. (you know who I mean).

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Wow.... Finally, someone realizes that besides the platformers, that Mario is one of the biggest losers of all time. Wow....
And this is why I play Sonic more often than Mario.

I have a thought. What if Nintendo replaced Mario with a new mascot, like... oh, say, Pikachu? It really seems like Pikachu--and the Pokemon franchise as a whole--is getting to be more popular than Mario, even when the original fad died down. Sounds a little radical for Nintendo's taste, but you have to admit: it is a good idea and maybe something for Satoshi Tajiri to consider in the long run.

*shakes head* I guess the other gemini told you that huh? LOL

Anyway, Pikachu is more of the face of game freak and the pokemon center in New york than nintendo's mascot replacement. The reason why I said Mario was kinda failing was that he's just sticking with the same genres nintendo was giving him. Though his games were doing better than our blue hedgehog, sonic kinda wins for at least trying something different and surviving the flames from fans and biased critics (some biased critics).

I don't think that Sonic's doing bad, a lot of people say that Sonic Unleashed was a bad game...well, here's a fun fact, "When Sonic Unleashed was released in UK, over 400,000 copies were sold in 1 day" So... so much for Mario doing better than Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back