SRB2 All-in-one Package (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Meh.
I started a project last year for a friend to get him setup with SRB2 1.09, and I was going to burn it to a CD. I got so far as to make a setup.exe file containing all of the WAD map packs contained on the addons page, SRB2 1.09 itself, and a simple guide on how to use PWADs. Now, I would like to turn it into a full-fledged package, containing SRB2 1.09.2, EVERY PWAD and mod available (not the terrible skins or the non-thokbarrier maps), WAD editing tools, WAD editing guides, a tutorial map, a package of custom textures to use for learning how to import textures and flats, a simple Autorun executable (for a CD), and last but not least gameplay guides, cheatcodes (must be unlocked with a special key on the autorun), a guide on how to spread your creations with the WAD editing tools, and the full story of GKWX2 (oh crap...).

It seems absolutely unnecessary and useless, but if you think about it, you could easily spread the game with your friends without having to write down 3 pages of how to get the game! (this ofcourse goes for, if your friends are computer-illiterate like mine X_X)

Quite simply, here is what I need as of the last update:
Autorun -
  • Nice, detailed 640x480 background for the autorun.
    A small sound clip for autorun startup.
    Buttons for autorun*
Guides -
  • SRB2 Builder editing guide*
    XWE/SRB2 Editor(the Lumpmod shell) editing guide
    PWAD guide*
    GKWX2 story (with details and IRC chatlogs)
    Gameplay guide (AKA, walkthrough)
    Cheatcodes guide/list

Note: Items denoted with a * are things that I will take care of, but you may make one if you are extremely bored.
Thanks -
  • Oogaland = Creating SRB2 Builder. Thank you very much!
    SSNTails/Mystic/a441/"Earless" Sonniku = For SRB2 altogethor!
    GKWX2 = For something funny to read and recall from ^_^
    CodeImp = Doom Builder. 'nuff said

Hopefully this can be succesful. Thanks to all submitters in advance!

Odd I got allot of the stuff sitting here with me what could I do.... I'll start by making a quick sound clip how many seconds?

SRB2 WAD Editor has been deprecated by XWE once it supported lowercase-named entries, among other features it gained whose former absence was the entire point of my program.

hmmm... sounds ok... so, a huge wad consuming all space between A0 and ZZ? DONT STOP UNTIL YOU GET THERE!! *shot down*

Maybe you could make a mini-website we could submit levels to? We could make a super uber level pack nobody but a true pro can beat! and then the original creators of the levels on srb2.org could place emblems...

I LOVE IT!! *kicked in the head*

Good idea, right? (i mean the 2nd paragraph)

Yeah, lets use the mystic realm, all the single player maps ever made, into one big wad pack, yes....the ultimate challenge. o.o

ZTaimat said:
hmmm... sounds ok... so, a huge wad consuming all space between A0 and ZZ? DONT STOP UNTIL YOU GET THERE!! *shot down*

Maybe you could make a mini-website we could submit levels to? We could make a super uber level pack nobody but a true pro can beat! and then the original creators of the levels on srb2.org could place emblems...

I LOVE IT!! *kicked in the head*

Good idea, right? (i mean the 2nd paragraph)
I don't mean to create a giant WAD consuming all map slots... I mean to take every PWAD released to the community and have them install in the folder with SRB2.

RyanHedge said:
Odd I got allot of the stuff sitting here with me what could I do.... I'll start by making a quick sound clip how many seconds?
Meh, aslong as it's less than 7 seconds and has a classic Sonic mix. I suck at music and sound design so... Also, the sound isn't completely neccesary.

If you have any wads of quality, please post the topic/link so I can get them.

Digiku: ...when did XWE get updated?

Why would you need an SRB2 Builder guide when there's already a guide for Doom Builder out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back