Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Gen III Remakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the typing for Mega Sceptile is that? I thought it would just be pure Grass.

Yep, but only for it's Mega Evolution. It goes back to pure grass when it transforms back to it's original state. As far as I'm aware, Mega Swampert is still keeping it's Water/Ground dual type. Mega Blaziken will probably be the same as well, unless it gets a new ability when it Mega Evolves.

There's a big announcement on June 15th which reveals a load of info for the Gen 3 remakes too. So that'll be interesting when that comes along.

Remember that Mega Blaziken already exists thanks to the launch promotion where you could download a Torchic with Blazikenite.

So yeah, about the Kyogre/Groudon new forms...

...apparently they're not Mega Evolution, but rather "Prehistoric" forms. The method is called "Ancient Devolution" as well, what?

Remember that Mega Blaziken already exists thanks to the launch promotion where you could download a Torchic with Blazikenite.

Which already gave away the fact that the other 2 Hoenn starters will get Mega forms besides Blaziken when this was first announced. I just wonder if the Mega Blaziken in OR/AS will get a new ability, since the event Torchic in X/Y just had Speed Boost and that didn't change when a player Mega Evolved it in a battle. I'm intrigued to see what other pokemon will get new Mega forms besides the few mentioned already.

So what do you think of the redesigns? I don't mind them, since Hoenn is a tropical region and their body structures and clothing reflect that, but the faces...

Though there's been scarce amount of information about these remakes at the moment, it looks like they are now starting to become a lot more active in showing extra content about what's to come, which this recent trailer shows some cool stuff about the secret bases and a new Mega Evolution which is not surprising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wTDPviFq8 I can see Mega Metagross getting quite a big stat boost, and I call Steven Stone having this as his top pokemon for the Champion battle

Though there's been scarce amount of information about these remakes at the moment, it looks like they are now starting to become a lot more active in showing extra content about what's to come, which this recent trailer shows some cool stuff about the secret bases and a new Mega Evolution which is not surprising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-wTDPviFq8 I can see Mega Metagross getting quite a big stat boost, and I call Steven Stone having this as his top pokemon for the Champion battle

It gets a boost in all of its stats, barring the obvious HP boost since Mega Evolutions do not get that anyways. Its Speed stat has greatly increased on top of all of its stats getting boosted.

They are definitely saving up the information for when it is closer to release, but CoroCoro is suppose to deliver a "Mega Evolution Scoop" in its next issue.

Some new things have popped up and they're coming in steadily. There are some big spoilers here, so you have been warned.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/megaevolutions.shtml

Quite a few new ones, including Slowbro, Altaria, Salamence, Lopunny, Audino, Diancie's there as well. Just waiting for them to officially reveal Latias & Latios' Mega forms. I like the sound of Mega Altaria and Lopunny so I may get those at some point.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/wifievents.shtml first event revealed, a Shiny Beldum giveaway with Metagross' Mega Stone.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/contests.shtml Pokemon contests are back, and have been fleshed out more with extra features.

Last edited:
Something about Mega Salamence's Crescent Wing bugs me... like how it's connected to his body and how he can fly with that.

acxYdZ2.jpg

I think it's pretty rad.

Not bad. Glad to see my brother from another mother Sceptile is getting a cool evolution, especially with the Dragon type tacked on. Sabeleye has a nice one too.

Salamence just looks retarded. I don't know if it's just the impractical shape of his wings or if it's the fact that he lost his arms.

Last edited:
Actually, if you see closely, you can see his arms are actually folded inside his belly shell-thing.

It's really just the Croissant wing that's the most troublesome.

Something about Mega Salamence's Crescent Wing bugs me... like how it's connected to his body and how he can fly with that.
Well, considering all the Pokémon that mange to hover somehow and all the wingless Pokémon that can learn "Fly", I don't think it's strange at all.

This is a franchise where Skitty mates with Wailord, Diglett learns Aerial Ace, and Pidgey can carry full-grown adults in the air. Worrying about things like wings being properly able to provide lift seems kinda silly =P

So anyone who lives in Germany can run to a local McDonalds and get a code through Nintendo Zone to download a demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

So anyone who lives in Germany can run to a local McDonalds and get a code through Nintendo Zone to download a demo for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Ohhh NO...
"REDDIT UNOFFICIAL POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE AND OMEGA RUBY CODE GIVEAWAY!"

Awww... Why did you stop posting informations here...?

Sorry if this is a bump without anything really NEW to add, since most of you have already watch the trailers. I also know this is not my thread so I shouldn't be posting informations here, but it was kinda empty....

Latios and Latias apprently join your team... without having to catch them... and their Mega Evolution was confirmed, and isn't different from X/Y. You can ride Mega Lati@s around Hoenn and find some legendaries from other regions (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Dialga, Palkia, Reshiram and Zekrom).
Beedrill and Pidgeot can now mega evolve, nothing more known about this tough.
There also seem to have new fonctionalities on the bottom screen.

Now another trailer with Mega Rayquaza that firstly show us this is not a "Primitive" evolution but a Mega Evolution... So yeah.
There's nothing really special about him, he has a new ability called Delta Stream that protect flying types from super effective moves and a new move called Dragon Ascent.

Last edited:
I got Alpha Sapphire on release, and I'm up to the point where I finally have Surf for my Swampert, Goby. So far, I'm really enjoying the remake. It feels just like playing on my mom's GBA Sapphire, with lots of more Gen 6 flare that makes it one of the best remade Pokémon games to date. I initially didn't think these would happen because I suppose it was kinda redundant, new handheld system for the series and all, though I suppose it makes all the more sense to bring it to 3DS because the GBA games are more than a decade old at this point.

...I guess it is a kinda reasonable notion to call decade-old consoles and handhelds "retro" at this point, too... nah, not yet. I don't really define early 2000's video games as retro, anyway. Give it some years, yet...

But yeah, I hope to replicate my mom's Sapphire team on Alpha Sapphire. Especially with the Mega Evo's of some of them, as well; hope to have some fun on Omega Ruby that I'll get for Christmas, and also trade with myself with my other 3DS. Or my mom, if she participates in trading and playing the game with me... get the remakes if you skipped over Gen 3. They're great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back