MD2 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Cheater X

A new era is here!
Hey Everyone, I’ve got a problem.

Basically I download some MD2s and I have obviously created a folder called MD2 and a .dat file but with SRB2 Community Build and every time I run it crashes. I checked the log and it said MD2s not found when all the MD2s that it can’t find are there. Also if I run about 5 MD2s when it says it can’t find MD2s so I have to turn it off then on for it to work. This also happens with WADs with other SRB2s.

How can I fix this?

I don't know what you mean, but for SRB2CB, the MD2 models should be set up like so:
(characterskinname) (md2name).MD2 3.0 0.0
Example:
SONIC CLASSICSONIC.MD2 3.0 0.0
SONICRE SONICRE.MD2 3.0 0.0

It is exactly setup like that with the MD2 folder and the .dat file and yet it can't find the MD2s.

Last edited:
You need both of the .txt things set. The srb2cbmd2 one AND the regular md2 one need to be identical. (For me anyway, I had that exact same error and doing that fixed it)
Also, make sure the names are correct blah blah, and that the sizes are correct also. Also seriously, don't play Egg Rock Act 3 on CB. :I ANYWAY that's all the help I can really give. If that doesn't work I can send you my MD2 folder over PMs. (I put it on 4Shared, derp)

Let me know if it works/if you want me to send them, aaa.

Hold on, it ALWAYS says it cant find the MD2s for me. I just write gr_md2 1 and then play and they work...

What do you mean about they need to be identical? If you mean the names of the characters in the .dat need to be identical or both files for the .dat have to be the same then I tried that and it doesn't work. Also I have other MD2s and the error still comes up.

Hold on, is the MD2.dat in the MD2 folder or in the SRB2 folder? It should be in the SRB2 folder.

If this topic is still unlocked, I need help with the Sonic.md2. No matter how many md2s I download for him, Sonic never goes into 3D. Also this sepwich site that everyone linked in the past is now extinct, since all i get are stupid ads replacements, so I'd like to know where to get the other files for md2s.

Note: This is for SRB2CB

Last edited:
If this topic is still unlocked, I need help with the Sonic.md2. No matter how many md2s I download for him, Sonic never goes into 3D. Also this sepwich site that everyone linked in the past is now extinct, since all i get are stupid ads replacements, so I'd like to know where to get the other files for md2s.

Note: This is for SRB2CB

Make sure that in the md2.dat it has something like this:

sonic MD2filename.md2 3.0 0.0

So, lets say the MD2 that you download is called "Sonicre.md2", and it comes along with a "Sonicre.png", you are supposed to put:

Sonic Sonicre.md2 3.0 0.0

in md2.dat. Also, to find more Md2's, look for some in the Miscellaneous Section. There, you can find many MD2s made by members of this forum.

Srb2CB Haves some issues with MD2, Srb2Cineblast works fine with these
and im pretty sure that with Cineblast it will load MD2 perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back