1st Person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though, I don't know why you'd want to. Once they made the switch to the no-lag camera, the camera became kinda' sluggish.

Thare's an oxymoron for you...

Anyway, I like to preview match levels in 3rd person, and that may be what he's after. Now, fighting, that's entirely different.

Some people still play in 3rd person. Some people LIKE to play in 3rd person. What is a Sonic game without a 3rd person view?! I'd like a splitscreen mode in which one view is 3rd person and the other is 1st person, but that wouldn't work out well, of course, since it doesn't smoosh the screens so they both show the same amount like in Sonic 2, but I dunno. :cry:

I only ever use 1st person for sniping. And I can still manage to pull that off in 3rd person, mind you.

Somewhat, of course.

I'd use 3rd person, if only there was a 1st person crosshair.......to the suggestions topic!

Ritz said:
Is there a way to bind that script to a key?
Mind you, mine is vastly more accurate and is an alias easily bound to a single key for toggling or two keys for seperate on and off buttons...

Try this then:
Code:
alias "tcon" "cechoduration 2048; cecho \\\\-:-; cam_speed 1.25; alias tctgl tcof"
alias "tcof" "cecho ; cam_speed 0.2; alias tctgl tcon"
alias "tctgl" "tcon"
bind "<key name here>" "tctgl"

That crosshair doesn't seem to work at all.. you can't aim up or down accurately. <_<

I find that simply using the backside of your character's head is best in third person. See, the proper crosshair would actually be placed almost dead center on a proper 56 unit tall character's head. However, if you MUST have one for some reason, here's mine:
Code:
alias +cechohair "cam_speed 1.0; cam_dist 256; cam_height 0; cechoflags 4194304; cechoduration -1; cecho -o-; alias cechohairtoggle -cechohair;"
alias -cechohair "cam_speed 0.25; cam_dist 128; cam_height 20; cechoflags 0; cechoduration 175; cecho; alias cechohairtoggle +cechohair;"
alias cechohairtoggle "+cechohair"
Be forwarned that this messes with the camera a lot to make the crosshair at least somewhat accurate, so it'll take some time getting used to toggling it on and off, and aiming up and down still won't be accurate due to the way the third person camera doesn't move as far as the first person camera does... Just use +cechohair and -cechohair or bind cechohairtoggle to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back