Anyone else disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is, if you guys don't like SRB2ME, then go play 1.09.
I honestly think the devs put so much work and love into SRB2, and like spazzo said, they DID NOT rush it. If 3 years is rushing it, then I'm insane.

All I can say to the devs is, Thank you. v.2.0 is so much fun.

SpiritCrusher said:
Mystic said:
If you want to nitpick about enemy AI, need I remind you how the Jetty-syns we've had for years work.
Oh, by the way, thanks for taking the Jetty-syns out (at least mostly).
You believe Jetty-syns are mostly out. This means you have not played ERZ. This means you haven't finished the game. YOUR OPINION, SIR, IS VOID.

Spazzo said:
Reading through this topic is utterly, utterly depressing. Hearing someone claim we RUSHED it is perhaps the worst insult that can be made, considering we haven't made a release in THREE YEARS.

So things aren't perfect. You guys asked for ME, and we gave it to you. We can't find every issue when doing internal testing.

This is generally what over-hyping things leads to sadly.

So I just finished the SP Mode for the first time; the final boss was quite interesting, he wasn't really hard how I normally expect final bosses to be (at least it was as frustrating as Sonic Unleashed) . I remember seeing him somewhere else before though, good times.

And sheesh, we know about the sigsegvs, so hush.
So? Thats like saying "We know Sonic 06 has thousands of problems! HUSH!"

I agree with the save system. I get passed DSZ 1... finally and BAM! I have to replay again(YUCK!) just because I had to leave. Wait, who was behind
the new save system anyways.

Hearing someone claim we RUSHED it is perhaps the worst insult that can be made, considering we haven't made a release in THREE YEARS

Actually, it kind of seems like you rushed it just for the SAGE release. From what I've been hearing this game sigsev's like crazy(looking at topic posts)

:p
Anyways, I didn't like the new special stages. Especially that Blue one. You mess up on a platform your screwed.

First off: I'll be able* to say anything about 2.0 after I've played it four or five times.

Some changes "chocked" me (?), others made me fall in love; others frustrated me, others impressed me. I think the same is going for a lot of players that are accustomed to play the same system for these last 2 years.

Let's play a bit more and try to point out good and bad things, precisely and rationally, explaining the whys and reasons.

EDIT: Fixed. I forgot to put "able" D:

glaber said:
Very hard special stage 7.

Super is an earned privilege. If you want SS, you better damn earn it. We aren't giving you flight and invulnerability on a silver platter.

How ungrateful can you get...

XAlted said:
Spazzo said:
Reading through this topic is utterly, utterly depressing. Hearing someone claim we RUSHED it is perhaps the worst insult that can be made, considering we haven't made a release in THREE YEARS.

So things aren't perfect. You guys asked for ME, and we gave it to you. We can't find every issue when doing internal testing.

This is generally what over-hyping things leads to sadly.

SRB2 was NOT overhyped. You want overhyped, look at brawl. :P
Sure a little hype, but it was only like two videos.

For those of you complaining about difficulty, let me point something out here.

By removing difficulty, we gained 2 more item flags. Let me tell you what they are:
The first is Super Random Monitor. This allows us to have the new monitor structure in Match/CTF where most monitors will randomly spawn relatively weak items, and others will spawn more powerful items.
The second is a MUCH bigger deal. We gained the ability to have reverse-gravity objects. Reverse-grav would be almost useless without this flag, and this flag serves to open up a sheer ton of gameplay possibilities.

Now, would you rather have the ability to have different difficulty levels that do almost nothing, or would you rather have item flags that actually MEAN something in the game?

I kinda understand the complaints about the crawla's new look. It took me a REAL long time to get use to them. Now I kinda like them, because they seem a lot less flat and have more details.

I suggest that you play the levels a couple of times to get used to the gimmicks and other stuff, then you will start to realize why we did certain things they way we have them. If you have problems with the lag, then go to 640 x 400. It will help a LOT believe me.

I highly suggest that you explore DSZ before you start hating on it. The most fun of DSZ is exploring the level, seeing what sort of secrets lie within it. If you just blast through it, you are missing a lot of good aspects of it.

CEZ2 is rather laggy, but do realize that it is incomplete, and it will be rectified in 2.1.x.

Also, as bad as you think it is, try to realize that we are not professionals, we are just fans of the classic games, and for that, we did a mighty fine job making this game what it is. It started off as doom, but now is a completely different game with awesome editing features that allows people to.

Just play the game a bit more, and give it more of a chance. You will eventually see why we did the things that we did.

At least the 1.1 leak and the OLDC got us use to the new Crawla sprites.

As for Special Stage 7. That stage is going to make me appreciate Super Sonic. CEZ's lag however is making me appreciate the previous version.

Rob said:
For those of you complaining about difficulty, let me point something out here.

By removing difficulty, we gained 2 more item flags. Let me tell you what they are:
The first is Super Random Monitor. This allows us to have the new monitor structure in Match/CTF where most monitors will randomly spawn relatively weak items, and others will spawn more powerful items.
The second is a MUCH bigger deal. We gained the ability to have reverse-gravity objects. Reverse-grav would be almost useless without this flag, and this flag serves to open up a sheer ton of gameplay possibilities.

Now, would you rather have the ability to have different difficulty levels that do almost nothing, or would you rather have item flags that actually MEAN something in the game?
Also, if you want Hard, play as Sonic. You want Medium, play Knuckles, and Tails is Easy. Ultimate is still in as a secret, of course.

And with it being secret, no one can take Rob's challenge. Although with certain lag spots, I don't think we should take it.

Well, more to the point you'd need to have it record the video/demo properly, which would be rather hard for a game that takes around 21-22 minutes executed perfectly.

The major lag in this game is, CEZ2. It's been openly stated that it was not completed, and that it was only included for the enjoyment of the community. If you've got a problem with the lag, then maybe you should just not play SRB2 at all.

As for the ultimate secret, it's not hard to figure out.

Just played multiplayer, and it was awesome. I never really can recall having this much fun on the previous build of the game, then again I never really liked the multiplayer then, but, as said, this was just plain awesome.

crazyhedgehog said:
The major lag in this game is, CEZ2. It's been openly stated that it was not completed, and that it was only included for the enjoyment of the community. If you've got a problem with the lag, then maybe you should just not play SRB2 at all.

As for the ultimate secret, it's not hard to figure out.

The lag is bearable, but only just. What's really frustrating is the fact that it feels impossible to swing from chain to chain in the enormous water-rising room.

But it couldn't be truly impossible...

I understand you guys worked so hard on CEZ2. But to deal with other computers, you're going to need to make this stage with much smaller rooms. And if you're going to use spikes, just please don't use the Spike Things. This IS what's contributing to some of the lag, I assure you.

Hurr, I already PMed him what to do. Thought it might be a spoiler. Some how I managed to thok at the wall and still catch it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back