Torture Device (Match & Tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
Download link: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/326mt_torturedevice.wad
Mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?y4ecxroumje

This level features a symmetrical, simple design as well as two gimmicks that are experiments in sadism.

There are four pop-up buttons made out of sinking platforms, dumping slime in a nearby area where a Rail Ring floats. Hopefully, you'll hit someone trying to get a Rail Ring and make them die. You must really jump high and fall on top of the buttons for them to actually trigger the slime dumping (which is signified by a sploosh sound).

On the top level is a white teleport leading to some crushers and a moving, insta-kill acid block. Jump under the acid block to hit a Teleport Monitor sitting in a death pit. If done successfully, you'll kill a random person and then laugh your head off. If you miss, you'll die.

Its an interesting concept, but I feel like it needs more stuff to torture people with. If it had more variety in this area, I imagine it would be lots of fun.

All that things sounds awesome, but you can put a Sendspace (or another thing) mirror? FFH don't works for me. Thanks!

It's okay.

But really SonicMaster, I was expecting a bit better. It's a good match map, but it's got too few traps, and it feels a little generic.
It's fun, but we've seen it before.
7/10.

I would really enjoy one nice screenshot of something, even if I may or may not download it because of forgetfulness.

Nathan Speed said:
It's okay.

But really SonicMaster, I was expecting a bit better. It's a good match map, but it's got too few traps, and it feels a little generic.
It's fun, but we've seen it before.
7/10.

The layout was totally uninspirational. I was just trying to pull an architecture quickly out of my brain that still had enough vertical variation to pass as a fairly solid Match level. There was going to be a third trap, but I felt it was too much of a ripoff of Underground Pool Zone. Then again, I have that exact trap in my CTF level I submitted for next contest (the placement of the Auto Rings). I suppose I could add a second version with more traps, leaving the first version still up. I just got half of a concept of another trap while writing this post.

Hehehe, this is really cool if I want to annoy my sister. I Splitscreen Off to GOD then I go to the bottomless pit thing and hit the monitor.

This is cool. The monitor on the death pit is kinda hard to do... But anyway, here's an idea: put something really cool (like maybe a ring, or a monitor, or whatever) on a floor that when you go into, you fall into a slime pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back