Are you taking any fun classes/courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
I guess this would mostly be for those in college who can choose their courses, but I'm sure some of you guys in high school/elementary might have a few fun courses too! Anyways, just say why you think your course will be fun, whether it's the material, the teacher, etc.

One class I'm really excited for is Modern Japanese Fiction in Translation.
Just got the syllabus and here are the required texts:

Azuma, Kiyohiko. Azumanga Daioh Omnibus (New York: Yen Press, 2009). ISBN: 0316077380
Doha. The Great Catsby vol. 1 (Los Angeles: NETCOMICS, 2006). ISBN: 1600090001
Mack, David. Kabuki: Circle of Blood (Berkeley, CA: Image Comics, 2001). ISBN: 1887279806
Oda, Eiichiro. One Piece vol. 1 (San Francisco: VIZ Media, LLC, 2003). ISBN: 1569319014
Otsuka, Eiji & Yamazaki, Housui. The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service vol. 1 (Milwaukie, OR: Dark Horse Comics, 2006). ISBN: 1593075553
Sakai, Stan. Usagi Yojimbo book 1: Ronin (Seattle: Fantagraphics Books, 1987). ISBN: 0930193350
Shirow, Masamune. Ghost in the Shell vol. 1 (New York: Kodansha, 2009). ISBN: 1935429019
Tanigawa, Nagaru. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (New York: Little Brown, 2009). ISBN: 0316039020
*bolded are those I'm most excited for. Haven't heard of a few of the others.

I'm currently studying a joint degree of English Literature and Creative Writing at University. With writing as a hobby I have enjoyed for a very long time and a passtime I want to turn into a professional career this is perfect for me.

Not only am I encouraged to work with this art form I love, but I can use the skills earned while at university and (eventually) my degree combined with a portfolio of work to gain access to employment while writing my own fiction novels that I intend to have published. Good times all around.

I'm most of the way through a Bachelor of Computer Science with a major in Multimedia and Game Development. Is good.

Man, all of us SRB2ers are growing up. Freaky.

I'm most of the way through a Bachelor of Computer Science with a major in Multimedia and Game Development. Is good.

Man, all of us SRB2ers are growing up. Freaky.

I'm thinking...SSNTails....
Anyway, in independent studies at our school, I've taken up animation, though I would have picked something higher should I have been given the choice. The topic I'm doing now isn't bad though, as I get to do some research on animation and make some cartoon animation in microsoft powerpoint- it's basic I know but this is the best our school can do... maybe that's what college is for.

I take mostly computer classes. Right now we're making gaming Lan networks and playing Warcraft III and other PC stuff that can run on a low-end computer.

Taking Ceramics, which is pretty cool I guess.

been trying to weasle my way into making a sonic head for a project but haven't been able to do it yet :<

The most fun class I took was robotics, but I had to drop it for calculus because it wouldn't fit on my schedule. Bummers :(
Other than that most of my computer science classes are fun ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back