Suggestions

My suggestions to SRB2 2.1

I know that you guys aren't going to use anything that was told here on SRB2 versions, but before you say "no, we're not going to adopt this into SRB2", i just want to tell what i expect from this game. First: since version 2.0 of SRB2 i expect a Mecha-Sonic boss, instead of Eggman takes the place of all bosses. Honestly, i expected Mecha-Sonic to be the Mini boss of Egg Rock 2, replacing the Egg Mobile inside the Secret Cave near the end of the level. Second: i think that is boring just finish the levels without a "objective". I created some "objectives" to do through the levels: in Dark City Zone 2, the player has to De-activate all three "Space Rock Generators" (that extract the Mysterious Rock's energy to be used in construction of lots of Robots) that are inside the level, or else, a wall the give acess to the "Clear Sector" wouldn't open (to de-activate the Generators, the player has to press the buttom to do it, and open one part of the "Clear Sector Wall"). I even build a WAD to that idea, called "DCZ_Suggestion.wad" (link to check:http://www.4shared.com/file/SiAzEgXx/DCZ_Suggestion.html
).
  • Third Suggestion (not really good): One of the Game's Boss have the same style as this one (http://www.4shared.com/file/GJUU5VKV/CrystalBoss.html With that wad sometimes happens a problem that like it "suicides").
  • Fourth Suggestion (worst than previous, i know): An 'Enemy Gallery', that is a special screen in "Secrets List" with all informations with each enemy in the game. To full that Gallery, each level must be complete without losing more than 2 lives (crazy, uh?). Once this gallery is full, a reward was given: An Emblem (not extra emblem, but one more of the list).
Ah, and i also planned another "objective". This time, after Egg Rock 1's finish, the player needed the carry/push a Thing Type called "Egg Rock", to the level's end (following the Game's Plot, or not, Sonic takes away the Space Rock to out of Eggman's base). I know your answer, but at least tell me what you guys think of this.

I much prefer the Mystic Realm implementation over what the official games use, with their freaking sudden changes in control scheme. Why can't we just have a final boss that plays NORMALLY?

The characters who have no super form can have a Super Shield, from Sonic Heroes. Wouldn't that please everyone?
If we can't have the ACTUAL Super Knuckles and Super Tails from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Sonic Heroes's shitty version of them with shields for a level. No thanks.

New demos of the stages that play when you stay on the title screen too long. The zones covered could be Green Flower 1 Techno Hill 1, and Deep Sea 1.

and some way to create this type of demo opposed to Time/Record Attack only demos

If we can't have the ACTUAL Super Knuckles and Super Tails from Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I'm pretty sure I don't want to see Sonic Heroes's shitty version of them with shields for a level. No thanks.
Also, if we were seriously going to go through with this, I'd rather see the old Super cape return than anything to do with Heroes.

As much as I'd actually like to see an option for characters in multiplayer to have the super shield instead of just invincibility sparkles, it might be hard to tell if it's a normal player with an attraction shield or a super character with a super shield.

Last edited:
A new game type called RP. No goals, no objectives, just exploring zones and RP'ing with friends.

Make character spin without messing up the control

The current spinner sector type makes the character spin, but it has the side effect of messing the player's control. This happens because the sector type checks the character speed, "if the player is not moving fast enough", this sector type will speed up the player by "pushing" the player towards the direction the player is facing. As the player slows down, the sector type will be triggered and it pushes the player again and this process repeats over and over again, and the player never gains a constant or smooth control.

If the the current spinner as is now is combined with current/pusher, the control can get messed up completely.

Therefore, make it so that the character spins continuously no matter the speed and the controls aren't messed. Think of S2 special stage where the player spins continuously and still can jump, move and avoid elements. Also, let the mapper set a "constant speed" for character movement within the sector.

Make character spin without messing up the control

The current spinner sector type makes the character spin, but it has the side effect of messing the player's control. This happens because the sector type checks the character speed, "if the player is not moving fast enough", this sector type will speed up the player by "pushing" the player towards the direction the player is facing. As the player slows down, the sector type will be triggered and it pushes the player again and this process repeats over and over again, and the player never gains a constant or smooth control.

If the the current spinner as is now is combined with current/pusher, the control can get messed up completely.

Therefore, make it so that the character spins continuously no matter the speed and the controls aren't messed. Think of S2 special stage where the player spins continuously and still can jump, move and avoid elements. Also, let the mapper set a "constant speed" for character movement within the sector.

Ever heard of autorunning SOCs, Ezer? If you're trying to achieve an automatic movement effect, you can just SOC an object so that it targets the player upon spawning and continuously thrusts them forward after that. There's no real need for complex sector effects like the ones you're talking about.

I know that you guys aren't going to use anything that was told here on SRB2 versions, but before you say "no, we're not going to adopt this into SRB2", i just want to tell what i expect from this game. First: since version 2.0 of SRB2 i expect a Mecha-Sonic boss, instead of Eggman takes the place of all bosses. Honestly, i expected Mecha-Sonic to be the Mini boss of Egg Rock 2, replacing the Egg Mobile inside the Secret Cave near the end of the level. Second: i think that is boring just finish the levels without a "objective". I created some "objectives" to do through the levels: in Dark City Zone 2, the player has to De-activate all three "Space Rock Generators" (that extract the Mysterious Rock's energy to be used in construction of lots of Robots) that are inside the level, or else, a wall the give acess to the "Clear Sector" wouldn't open (to de-activate the Generators, the player has to press the buttom to do it, and open one part of the "Clear Sector Wall"). I even build a WAD to that idea, called "DCZ_Suggestion.wad" (link to check:http://www.4shared.com/file/SiAzEgXx/DCZ_Suggestion.html

).
  • Third Suggestion (not really good): One of the Game's Boss have the same style as this one (http://www.4shared.com/file/GJUU5VKV/CrystalBoss.html With that wad sometimes happens a problem that like it "suicides").
  • Fourth Suggestion (worst than previous, i know): An 'Enemy Gallery', that is a special screen in "Secrets List" with all informations with each enemy in the game. To full that Gallery, each level must be complete without losing more than 2 lives (crazy, uh?). Once this gallery is full, a reward was given: An Emblem (not extra emblem, but one more of the list).
Ah, and i also planned another "objective". This time, after Egg Rock 1's finish, the player needed the carry/push a Thing Type called "Egg Rock", to the level's end (following the Game's Plot, or not, Sonic takes away the Space Rock to out of Eggman's base). I know your answer, but at least tell me what you guys think of this.
I find that putting a Metal Sonic boss in the game's Single Player rotation is absolutely pointless because Metal Sonic is an add-on and it does not need to be in the final game. Secondly, putting an objective is absolutely pointless to a zone. There is no need to add "objectives" to the game.

Plus, I tried out that wad and it had absolutely nothing to do with Dark City. (The zone was called "Doomship Suggestion".) It was clearly about de-activating three random generators to the goal.

Also, there is no need of a Crystal Boss to be in the final game. The bosses are fine like they are.

I think Metal Sonic is a planned boss for the final version of SRB2, the wad was just created so people could play as him, but he is meant to be a boss. (I think)

I also think you should make Brak Eggman a little easier, it says hes planned to be the Dark city zone boss, but he is way too hard. (Atleast for me)

Speaking of a Super Sonic battle...

Has anyone tried doing a 2D Super Sonic fight? I know 2D mode isn't that great, but I'm wondering how well it would be able to replicate something similar to Doomsday zone.

NiGHTS mode is the closest you'll get to this probably. Though with NiGHTS physics, I'm not sure how that would work out.

How about a Icy Shield? with this you can walk in water (for 30 seconds or until you jump to get into the water) and move more quickly in water
And a function for SRB2, for add custom music and play while someone is playing
or a function for add wads from SRB2, a list with the wads in the folder (and if is possible to show if they are a character, level, mod, sound o graffic), the same thing with socs

If your suggesting I try actually making this stage, I have no knowledge of wads or levels or any designing, so making this would prove to be extremely difficult.

If your suggesting I try actually making this stage, I have no knowledge of wads or levels or any designing, so making this would prove to be extremely difficult.
If you really want to start mapping for this stage, start reading the SRB2 wiki: http://wiki.srb2.org/
If you ever do start anything, don't rush it and start small. That's the advice I've been given anyways.
Back on topic: Does anyone know of any progress on those "robo-hood" sprites?

I don't know if someone already asked that - it's about the SRB2 contests : what about allowing designers to use a custom music for multiplayers stages ? But this custom music should be the only extra lump allowed for Multiplayers levels. Extra graphics and other stuff is forbidden, of course...
The only problem is that the admin who make the contest multiplayer pack must configure the musics numbers to don't affect the other people's levels.

Last edited:
allow custom unlockables to be unlocked without beating the game or hitting the required number of emblems for one of the defaut unlockables.

(oh ho ho... funny that you bring this up. ~Inu)

Last edited by a moderator:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back