SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike UT2K4, SRB2 is completely synched, so everyone SHOULD be seeing exactly the same thing. If they aren't it'll throw a consistency failure.

Occasionally it's been observed to see essential "netsplits" in large games, but even then those each side of the split sees everything correctly, just broken from the other half of the game.

CEZ1, time attack mode. Was flying in the shot below when I hit escape to quit, and, well...

yoncastlesigsev.gif

Code:
SRB2WIN caused an an Access Violation in module SRB2WIN.EXE at 018f:004b1369.
Exception handler called in main thread.

Registers:
EAX=0000041c CS=018f [B]EIP=004b1369[/B] EFLGS=00010217
EBX=00000148 SS=0197 ESP=00c4def0 EBP=006210b0
ECX=006e1160 DS=0197 ESI=03c7e090 FS=3abf
EDX=00000000 ES=0197 EDI=0000014b GS=0000
(...why does it repeat "an")

For whatever this is worth: Started splitscreen co-op with Brawl's chaosblastshadowv2.wad attached, rolled into the first Crawla, aaaaaaaand sigsegv. EIP=004af6cc. Yeah I know, it coulda been the wad, but I tried it again and no crash...

This happened yesterday: I got c-kicked for setting changeteam 1 in intermission screen during a H&S server.

Addfile causes consistency failure for Illegal command.

I know adding files as non-gameadmin doesn't make sense at all, but if you add accidentally a file (by script or bind), SRB2 should block it without kicking you, something like when you try to use a variable or command and SRB2 shows you a "You are not the server, you can't do it" message.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, the Push/Pull effect can't be used on FOFs.

If a 2D switch is used in a level, and walls are set to being NOCLIMB in the 2D part, Knuckles can still climb on them.

Ever had this happen to you in a race?

srb2-timingfail.gif

Observe the times. Gustavo was last to cross the finish, but the game just up and decided to make him the winner because of that, and spaced everybody else back by a few tenths.

This seems to happen totally at random, although (coincidence though this may be) I seem to run into it more when cheats are activated.

A_ChangeAngleRelative and A_ChangeAngleAbsolute both have really lazy coding to go with the really horrible random code:
They will never select an angle higher than 256.
The angles at the extremes both have a high chance of getting selected because if P_Random returns anything lower than amin, amin will be selected, and anything higher than amax, and amax will be selected.

More of a suggestion than a bug report, but...

I'm not really sure why it was coded like that. I fixed it a few weeks ago. -Jazz

Not really worth the post, but texture ACWRFL1A is 1 pixel too wide.

Silver ring boxes from 1.09.4 were converted to thing 401 on Mario Koopa blast act 1 and not deleted.

Last edited:
Two crashes:

- Joined a server that was doing Nimbus Ruins CTF, hit fire, and for whatever earthly reason it sigsegv'd. EIP=0046617b
- Joined a server that was running ERZ1 in race. After a ridicuously long wait for all 662 KB of $$$.sav, it sigsegv'd on the spot. EIP=0048d09a

The hell is this now?

srb2_scramblefail.png

The host hit scramble and the above crash was the result. Did not turn up in the errorlog.

Last edited:
Weird Name Glitch

Unlike UT2K4, SRB2 is completely synched, so everyone SHOULD be seeing exactly the same thing. If they aren't it'll throw a consistency failure.
That's funny because...
I made a local lan game to mess around on. on 1 computer My name was Mach, and the other tried to join as Mach, so the one trying to join was named Mac. I changed the name of the host to Machi7, and then changed the computer that got changed to Mac to Mach. on the Host it didn't register the name change, so on one computer it was Mac and on the other Mach.
No Consistency failure, and nothing seemed to be broken, just an odd naming error.
Here's the 2 logfiles:
Non-Host: http://srb2.pastebin.com/mb68d98f
Host: http://srb2.pastebin.com/m756904b0

You can technically change anyone's names to appear however you want with a modified EXE and never get c-kicked. As far as this specific issues goes, it has been fixed. -Jazz

I don't know if this counts as a bug.

Let's say you start off at Red Volcano Zone 1 (MAP16), then you enter objectplace, then you place 5 kinds of Shield Boxes, you break them, and then you go to a different map via MAPXX. What does that get you?

whimmx.png

Going from MAP16 to MAP16. (After placing the 5 shields and breaking them.)

2a5kub4.png

Going from MAP01 to MAP01. (After placing the 5 shields and breaking them.)

Might be more.

Also, I should mention that it sometimes comes up as a sigsev, but I had a file added, so... yea.

*EDIT*
This seems to happen only if you break any objectplaced Item Boxes, such as Super Rings, Extra Lifes, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back