Master Hand is PLAYABLE in Smash Bros: Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

And so are Sonic and Tails! Marty is playable in Mario Kart 64! L is real 2041!

....ok, those are lies, but if you can believe this, it's been discovered that you can actually play as Master Hand without the use of cheat devices. It's mindblowing.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-3-pop-fiction/701341

Nearly a decade after it's release and we're still discovering new things about this game. Damn. I guess I need to go apologize to that dirtbag friend of mine who always said they could play as him...

Last edited:
It's truly amazing that in this online generation (where information is a click away), something as big as this took so long to discover. The genius who was bored enough to figure this out deserves an award.

How did it take you this long to know that it wasn't fake? o_O

To be fair, this was discovered during Brawl's heyday, and probably went over a lot of people's heads as a result. That's probably one of main reasons why it's only now becoming popularly known (outside of the diehard smash community, at least).

Wow, that's awesome!

Pity I haven't got Melee. I think Brawl's capabilities in other regards still make up for its lack of Master Hand Playability.

Ahaha, I tried playing Master Hand in Corneria, but he's on the ground, not on the Great Fox. Ha ha!

Wow. This works. It's still a novelty(SuperArmor makes Master Hand pretty much invulnerable), but it's a good one.

Master Hand is effectively 'unbeatable' in all gametypes that aren't stamina, since he has no hitback...

Damn, that's pretty awesome. I would have never guessed. I always used my action replay to play as him (Master hand vs Crazy Hand in stock mode ffffffff)
It's pretty incredible it's taken so long for this trick to be discovered. Too bad he's kinda broken, but he's still awesome.

I just watched the video before checking this thread out. It's hard to believe that someone was able to find this out in an hour. I never would have thought that Master Hand was the default skin.

I'm going to try this out the next time I play Melee with my friends.

I got to do the glitch, but I can´t attack, it only stays there hanging out, any help?

You did watch the video, right? Basically you just have to mash the d-pad and buttons like crazy to make him do stuff. However his attacks can be pretty easy to avoid on stages other than Final Destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back